Congratulations to the winner?

Fuck the winner. He is nothing but a butt boy for the big corporations and billionaires.
Just a ray of fucking sunshine aren't ya?
This is what we have, unless you have a better system ready to go.
Just about any other system would be better.

We all must learn to accept reality. Our government is a criminal enterprise run by criminal politicians, for the benefit of the ultra wealthy.
True. The DOJ/FBI have become anti-American "deep state" tools for the US oligarchs.

It really doesnt matter who won at this point. Democrats have the house, Republicans have the senate. Whoever the president is? Irrelevant. Nothing will get done anyway. Another 4 years of no compromise.
Thank God for GRIDLOCK!
The only places that compromise is needed are SS fixes, infrastructure, and a stimulus.

Need for that Defense Dept (Pentagon) audit to happen and be released. Really like to see how many expensive "toys" that won't help us in our national defense are on the books.
We know that the Pentagon will go back to austerity budgets since Nancy and Biden will be putting more money into social programs.

Bit premature to call it for Biden. Still lots of votes to count. Not everyone who voted early voted for Biden.
Need to know what kind of black hole that Pentagon budget has become.

So what happens when the number of votes counted exceeds the number of registered voters?
One side goes, "See, told you there was vote fraud going on". The other side goes, "Nuh-uh, fake news".

I'll congratulate Trump supporters now, whether Trump wins or not.

I thought it would be somewhere be a comfortable win for Biden to a blowout. You guys said that there'd be a lot more coming out to vote than last time, and you were right. It looks like Trump is going to have at least 10 million more voters than in 2016.

I still think Biden is going to win, but it's been anything but comfortable.
If Joe Biden won an election, I would say more power to him and wish him well.

BUT this contest was not an election BUT RATHER a selection by very powerful people.

I have no problem when democrats and republicans clash as they are on opposing sides. I get it. What we saw here was MASSIVE FAKE NEWS PROPAGANDA against TRUMP and a cover-up of BIDEN's HISTORY.

It really doesnt matter who won at this point. Democrats have the house, Republicans have the senate. Whoever the president is? Irrelevant. Nothing will get done anyway. Another 4 years of no compromise.
Thank God for GRIDLOCK!
The only places that compromise is needed are SS fixes, infrastructure, and a stimulus.

Need for that Defense Dept (Pentagon) audit to happen and be released. Really like to see how many expensive "toys" that won't help us in our national defense are on the books.
We know that the Pentagon will go back to austerity budgets since Nancy and Biden will be putting more money into social programs.

Bit premature to call it for Biden. Still lots of votes to count. Not everyone who voted early voted for Biden.

So what happens when the number of votes counted exceeds the number of registered voters?
It can't....

Except in your right wing head....

Check out the rules and regs that prevents such a thing, in real life....

My "right-wing head" is telling me that a large portion of those uncounted votes eventually will be discarded. They will be found to be duplicates and fraudulent ballots. There will also be found ballots marked for President Trump, that were never counted, were hidden, or were discarded.
Part of the system for voting, in all states.... is a check, on the same person voting twice... No double voting. The system PREVENTS this kind of fraud, so you can rule that out....

Absentee ballots are in a separate envelope, making the citizen's vote private.... No one knows what the vote is, inside the envelope.... how would anyone know which envelopes to throw out, that are in Trump' s favor or Biden's favor...for that matter?

And, if actual ballots are thrown out by a poll counter/worker, the count totals of actual votes, verses actual accepted absentee envelopes, will come up short....among other checks.... it would be caught, then found in the trash, security video tape, catching the crook....

I have just read that [fill in name] is the likely winner.

I hope that the loser will NOT contest the results.

Even if some of the votes are questionable, I hope that the loser will follow Richard Nixon's example. His supporters wanted him to contest the election in 1960 (the first time I was old enough to vote) because of probable fraud in Illinois and Texas. He refused, believing that it would harm the nation.

Thank God for GRIDLOCK!

Depends who's ahead. As long as it's the Democrats then the votes will stand

Thank God for GRIDLOCK!

It can't....

My "right-wing head" is telling me that a large portion of those uncounted votes eventually will be discarded. They will be found to be duplicates and fraudulent ballots. There will also be found ballots marked for President Trump, that were never counted, were hidden, or were discarded.
Part of the system for voting, in all states.... is a check, on the same person voting twice... No double voting. The system PREVENTS this kind of fraud, so you can rule that out....

Absentee ballots are in a separate envelope, making the citizen's vote private.... No one knows what the vote is, inside the envelope.... how would anyone know which envelopes to throw out, that are in Trump' s favor or Biden's favor...for that matter?

And, if actual ballots are thrown out by a poll counter/worker, the count totals of actual votes, verses actual accepted absentee envelopes, will come up short....among other checks.... it would be caught, then found in the trash, security video tape, catching the crook....

In Chicago, election day is known among democrats as resurrection day as people rise from their graves and vote democratic, whatever their political status was when they were living.

Thank God for GRIDLOCK!

It's liberal magic.

Thank God for GRIDLOCK!

Did you watch Donnie last night. He wants to stop the counting in states where he's ahead, and count ALL the votes in states he is behind.
He's a two-faced tinhorn prick-tater.

I have just read that [fill in name] is the likely winner.

I hope that the loser will NOT contest the results.

Even if some of the votes are questionable, I hope that the loser will follow Richard Nixon's example. His supporters wanted him to contest the election in 1960 (the first time I was old enough to vote) because of probable fraud in Illinois and Texas. He refused, believing that it would harm the nation.

Yes Nixon thought contesting the election with Kennedy would put the nation thru turmoil, so he graciously conceded.

But when NIXON won the Presidency, the dems didn't think twice about forcing him out of office, potting the nation thru great anguish.

Thank God for GRIDLOCK!

It can't....

there is a bigger issue with unsolicited absentee voter ballots. I know from first experience. My nephew moved from Florida to Mass. He had a forwarding address to Mass. He received a ballot from his Florida address and it gave him the right to vote for down ballot candidates in Florida where he no longer lives. Whereas he was tempted to fill it out, I reminded him it was voter fraud and illegal. He said he would only vote once for President in Mass, and not vote for president on the mail in ballot....but exactly what right does he have to choose down ballot candidates in a state he no longer lives....as well as down ballot candidates in the state he now lives?
And in the year of COVID and unpresented moving from state to state. how many people did what I told him not to do?

I expect the winner of this election to receive the same type and amount of support and respect that the current president has received for the last 4 years. Let that sink in a little bit.

This is my congratulations to the winner thread not matter if it’s Trump or Biden it was a hell of a race. This is also my goodbye thread I don’t know about the rest of you but I am politicked out and really need break from all this so I’m taking a break from the board and politics in general for awhile. So you guys have fun and play nice or as nice as you can in a political forum.

Tomorrow is my last day for awhile also.

I came back just for this election and will take a long needed nap until 2022...

Thank God for GRIDLOCK!

It can't....

there is a bigger issue with unsolicited absentee voter ballots. I know from first experience. My nephew moved from Florida to Mass. He had a forwarding address to Mass. He received a ballot from his Florida address and it gave him the right to vote for down ballot candidates in Florida where he no longer lives. Whereas he was tempted to fill it out, I reminded him it was voter fraud and illegal. He said he would only vote once for President in Mass, and not vote for president on the mail in ballot....but exactly what right does he have to choose down ballot candidates in a state he no longer lives....as well as down ballot candidates in the state he now lives?
And in the year of COVID and unpresented moving from state to state. how many people did what I told him not to do?
Only the crooks/felons....would commit that kind of fraud, on either or both sides of the aisle..... but unlikely Not enough to swing any election vote in any state.

Some States have packs with one another, to check for cross over state voting, in the north....

Somehow this needs to be secured up, by all states...., even though election votes would likely not be changed by the malfeasance!

Thank God for GRIDLOCK!

It can't....

Only the crooks/felons....would commit that kind of fraud, on either or both sides of the aisle..... but unlikely Not enough to swing any election vote in any state.

Some States have packs with one another, to check for cross over state voting, in the north....

Somehow this needs to be secured up, by all states...., even though election votes would likely not be changed by the malfeasance!
The best way to control it is by doing what we used to do. You want an absentee ballot? You request one. You have plenty of time to do so.-

I expect the winner of this election to receive the same type and amount of support and respect that the current president has received for the last 4 years. Let that sink in a little bit.
I disagree. Seems to me Joe Biden will win the WH and for the good of our country, I hope both the house and the Senate allow him to govern for the good of the country. Somehow, I guess McConnell will not "refuse" to speak with the president as Pelosi did

Thank God for GRIDLOCK!

Did you watch Donnie last night. He wants to stop the counting in states where he's ahead, and count ALL the votes in states he is behind.
I watched him last night. He did not say that.

Thank God for GRIDLOCK!

It can't....

The best way to control it is by doing what we used to do. You want an absentee ballot? You request one. You have plenty of time to do so.-
But that would not stop it. They can still request one, from their previous residence state...

Thank God for GRIDLOCK!

I watched him last night. He did not say that.

Yes he did. It was one of the saddest chapters in US political history.

Forum List

Back