Condemnation of censorship

Each time I post a thread about censorship, I learn more about how relevant it is to our current political landscape. My latest observation is that I have not seen any lefties condemn censorship. Every lefty who has ever replied to any of my censorship threads here has only defended censorship. I've watched lefty news and righty news, and I've never seen any lefties condemn censorship there either.

If anybody is aware of any lefties who condemn this form of cheating and corruption, I'd love to read about. Please post any links of lefties disavowing censorship if you see any or know of any. If you are a lefty who disavows censorship, I'd love to see you condemn it right here in the political topic section.
What censorship?
Lol, you can't just come out and condemn censorship. Your question demonstrates that you are looking for a way to defend it. Your desire to defend censorship is innate in lefties. Censorship is cheating, scamming, and corrupt.

Lefties all want to say that they condemn censorship since it is known to be evil and ugly, but they can't. They all end up saying they condemn it, "but"... the "but" is how they defend it.

Your avatar is suggesting that you want to censor major league baseball, except it's backwards and actually shows that you are supporting MLB, unbeknownst to you. lol

Each time I post a thread about censorship, I learn more about how relevant it is to our current political landscape. My latest observation is that I have not seen any lefties condemn censorship. Every lefty who has ever replied to any of my censorship threads here has only defended censorship. I've watched lefty news and righty news, and I've never seen any lefties condemn censorship there either.

If anybody is aware of any lefties who condemn this form of cheating and corruption, I'd love to read about. Please post any links of lefties disavowing censorship if you see any or know of any. If you are a lefty who disavows censorship, I'd love to see you condemn it right here in the political topic section.

I'm not a lefty, but I adamantly oppose government censorship.

Private censorship, however, is every person's right. We all have the right to say "no".
This thread is not about free speech rights, it is only about censorship. Every lefty who has posted on any of my censorship threads has defended censorship, so I am not surprised to see you present what you like about censorship.

1.While the Supreme Court as a whole embarrassed itself in refusing to confront the theft of the election, the clear refusal by some swing states, Pennsylvania in particular, to observe the mandates of the US Constitution, the most courageous and conservative, the most brilliant of Justices, Clarence Thomas called out the injustice.
This week he did more, putting his life on the line in confronting the cash cows of the internet. Corrupt individuals will, I fear, not give up their $billions, their control of the dissemination of information without a fight. A bloody fight.

2. Justice Thomas is an originalist, a textualist, and a believer in our God-granted unalienable rights, the single most prominent one being free speech. Thomas called out the control by big tech, and the oligarchs allied with the Democrats/Progressives who have stolen our freedom.

“ On Monday, Justice Clarence Thomas announced that the Supreme Court soon will have to put an end to Big Tech tyranny. Amen. If the high court fails to act, it could mean the end of free speech in the 21st century and the shriveling of our constitutional rights to mere “paper rights” — still there on paper but functionally hollowed out.”
Justice Thomas shows how we can end Big Tech censorship for good

3. Just three unelected power mad Leftists….Mark Zuckerberg, Larry Page and Sergey Brin, and Jack Dorsey deserves dishonorable mention, control Facebook and Google…..and have the power to disappear every opposing voice in the United States. Even the Commander in Chief.

Justice Thomas correctly claims that the Supreme Court must do what the spineless Republicans didn’t do….reign in this unaccountable tyranny.

4. The totalitarians and their Libertarian go-alongs claim that these are private companies, and government should never impost restrictions on any privately owned endeavors. But there are clear examples that fly in the face of that excise.

“The Skyway was operated and maintained by the City of Chicago until January 2005 when Skyway Concession Company, LLC assumed its operations under a 99-year operating lease. The lease agreement between Skyway and the City of Chicago was the first privatization of an existing toll road in the United States.”
The Skyway – Chicago Skyway

Anyone willing to pay the toll gets to use the skyway.
Who would make the argument that you cannot use that skyway based on your political views?

5. The Big Tech companies are information highways. The aim of these companies should be to increase the amount of information, communication, speech, available…..not just the state version of speech.

Justice Thomas, taking them on, is akin to Mel Gibson’s character in ‘Braveheart,’ shouting FREEDOM!!

Your avatar is suggesting that you want to censor major league baseball, except it's backwards and actually shows that you are supporting MLB, unbeknownst to you. lol
The reason why you are evading my opening post is because you do not condemn censorship.

I don't see any censorship. Point some out for me.

There is none so blind as he who will not see.

FB_IMG_1609972714717.jpg

A while ago there were a bunch of those on the left including die hard Marxists like Chomsky that came out against cancel culture. They really are not against widespread censorship but even radical Marxists acknowledge the far left is going to far in its crusade to purify everything.

Private censorship, however, is every person's right. We all have the right to say "no".
Not government protected monopolies.

No need to endorse censorship, I already pointed out that this is what lefties do.

That's ok, I'll do it anyway.

The First Amendment ensures that the government doesn't use its coercive power to silence people. The kind of censorship you guys are whining about is simply people not doing what you want them to do. Too bad. No one should be forced to help someone else propagate ideas that they find repugnant.
Facebook, Google and youTube are government protected monopolies.

This thread is not about free speech rights, it is only about censorship.
And censorship is about saying "No, I won't put your crap up on my website (or publish it in my paper, or whatever)". Everyone should have that right.
Not government protected monopolies, douchebag.

No need to endorse censorship, I already pointed out that this is what lefties do.

That's ok, I'll do it anyway.

The First Amendment ensures that the government doesn't use its coercive power to silence people. The kind of censorship you guys are whining about is simply people not doing what you want them to do. Too bad. No one should be forced to help someone else propagate ideas that they find repugnant.
What we don't want them to do is censor.

Who do you think you're fooling?

MLB gets an exemption from the anti-trust laws, so it has no right to stick its nose into politics.

" The First Amendment ensures that the government doesn't use its coercive power to silence people. The kind of censorship you guys are whining about is simply people not doing what you want them to do. Too bad. No one should be forced to help someone else propagate ideas that they find repugnant. "

It seems to me that if a social media platform is going to arbitrarily determine what is repugnant and what isn't according to their politics, then they should be held accountable for their decisions to silence someone's speech. It's one thing to have rules that are designed to promulgate open discussion like the USMB does or tries to do, but it is quite another thing to silence someone for political reasons, as Twitter and Facebook have done to Trump. They may find his opinions repugnant but that is an insufficient reason to ban him or delete his posts. Show me the tweet or post where Trump advocates violence that amounts to a specific threat to public safety and security. Show me the tweet or post that he wrote that was obscene.

Censorship: the suppression or prohibition of any speech or parts of books, films, news, etc. that are considered obscene, politically unacceptable, or a threat to security

It is the “tolerant” Left’s intolerance for dissent that leads them to censorship, but ONLY when the person or specific item opposes their politics. They have a progressive conception of diversity that does not include diversity of thought. IMHO, they are hypocrites.

" The First Amendment ensures that the government doesn't use its coercive power to silence people. The kind of censorship you guys are whining about is simply people not doing what you want them to do. Too bad. No one should be forced to help someone else propagate ideas that they find repugnant. "

It seems to me that if a social media platform is going to arbitrarily determine what is repugnant and what isn't according to their politics, then they should be held accountable for their decisions to silence someone's speech.
They are held accountable by their subscribers who may chose to cease using their platform.

The question here is less a case of the rights of platforms to police content as they see fit (censorship) and more a case of monopolistic power over the dissemination of speech.

Forum List

Back