Con-Climate Science Fudged - But Why?

I dont believe that temps were 0.7C less 1000 years ago. even Briffa's new dendro reconstruction has the MWP as high as today. yes, that Briffa. another climate science rat is scuttling to get off the sinking ship of catastrophic AGW.

melvin_etal_fig5.jpg

before Briffa decided to 'fix' his data series, the old 'unfixed' hockey stick data was used in
In its previous incarnation, without a MWP, the series was used in:

MBH98
MBH99
Rutherford et al 05
Jones 98
Crowley 00
Briffa 00
Esper 02
Mann, Jones 03
Moberg
Osborn, Briffa 06
D’Arrigo et al 06

Westwall -

When you go to 100 doctors and 99 of them diagnose the same thing - this is not an appeal to authority. It's proof of scientific fact.

Essentially all scientific bodies agree that humans play some role in climate change - I appreciate this makes being on the other side discomforting, but that is hardly the fault of the scientists.

The temps today are roughly .7C greater than they were 1000 years ago. This is a problem?

Yes, because they are still rising and we already see the impacts on glaciers and the Arctic.

I don't want to see what +2.0C might look like, personally.

20 years ago, 99 out of a 100 doctors 'knew' the cause of stomach ulcers. then the microbiologists found the heliobacter strain of bacteria that causes a significant portion of ulcers.

Ahhh, but I'm a liberal environmentalist who doesn't perticularly like Big Oil, I like the wild-catters, but not Big Oil. I'm also a scientist and the crap that you have posted is just that...crap.

And I noticed you didn't address the picture..why is that....imbecile?
Arguing against climate change, is as stupid as arguing gravity plays no role in plane crashes.

Did you happen to notice what's going on in New York right now?

When was the last time you saw a hurricane in the fall?

Ahhh, but I'm a liberal environmentalist who doesn't perticularly like Big Oil, I like the wild-catters, but not Big Oil. I'm also a scientist and the crap that you have posted is just that...crap.

Arguing against climate change, is as stupid as arguing gravity plays no role in plane crashes.

another bonehead believes in the superstition of CAGW.

1998 was the last late october hurricane. was Sandy even a hurricane when it hit shore? Irene wasnt. if Sandy was still a hurricane then it was the first to make landfall in the US for 6 years, an unusually long time to be hurricane free. but I'm sure someone, somewhere has already declared that less hurricanes is proof positive that CO2 is destroying the world.

1998 was the last late october hurricane. was Sandy even a hurricane when it hit shore? Irene wasnt. if Sandy was still a hurricane then it was the first to make landfall in the US for 6 years, an unusually long time to be hurricane free. but I'm sure someone, somewhere has already declared that less hurricanes is proof positive that CO2 is destroying the world.
You can take your "emperor has new clothes" speech and shove it up your ass along with the rest of your corporate whores.

You can take your "emperor has new clothes" speech and shove it up your ass along with the rest of your corporate whores.

why do stupid people like loinboy always think there is some dark ulterior motive when people laugh at him and his inane comments?

truth and logic must seem like magic to him and the others that dont have the brain power to recognize either one.

Any science to Global Warming plays a back seat to the anti-corporate, anti growth narrative that these clowns are existing on.. That's why..

Pull the hurricane records LoinBoy --- SHOW US the effect of 1degC over your lifetime..

Down Boy... Drop it.. Good dog...

No hurricane has made landfall in the United States during the months of December, January, February, April or May. These six months see very few hurricanes develop. In fact, according to NOAA, Atlantic Oceanographic and Meteorological Laboratory, National Hurricane Center, from 1851 through 2009 a total of just thirteen hurricanes have been recorded during these months. November has recorded only 5 hurricanes which made landfall in the United States since 1851. The remaining months of the year constitute the bulk of the hurricane threat:

Month - Total Hurricanes - U.S. Landfall

•June - 31 -19
•July - 54 - 25
•August - 226 - 75
•September - 376 - 104
•October - 187 - 51

October is the THIRD most active month of the year...

This one just got famous because Global Warming has made hurricanes SMARTER -- and now they can AIM for leftist bastions of power like NYC...

why do stupid people like loinboy always think there is some dark ulterior motive when people laugh at him and his inane comments?

Probably because most climate scientists would agree with him.

Hence anyone laughing is likely to be motivated more by politics than science.

PS: I have to say, though, that I think the jury is still out on hurricane patterns.

You poor girl.

Notice that the libs leave out the words "man made" except when they are talking to their comrades in the UN about the fortune to be made in climate change propaganda?

I dont believe that temps were 0.7C less 1000 years ago. even Briffa's new dendro reconstruction has the MWP as high as today. yes, that Briffa. another climate science rat is scuttling to get off the sinking ship of catastrophic AGW.

melvin_etal_fig5.jpg

before Briffa decided to 'fix' his data series, the old 'unfixed' hockey stick data was used in
In its previous incarnation, without a MWP, the series was used in:

MBH98
MBH99
Rutherford et al 05
Jones 98
Crowley 00
Briffa 00
Esper 02
Mann, Jones 03
Moberg
Osborn, Briffa 06
D’Arrigo et al 06

You are correct. I meant to say 2000 years ago.

Virtually every year. Hurricane season runs into the late fall silly boy.

truth and logic must seem like magic to him and the others that dont have the brain power to recognize either one.
Talk to the hand, this is not a debatable issue!

I've seen the scientific community's analysis of bigfoot sightings and celebrity ghost stories and they can make you believe Nessie exists if there is enough money in it. "Scientists" are like everyone else. They will come to what ever conclusion that keeps the grant money rolling in.

I've seen the scientific community's analysis of bigfoot sightings and celebrity ghost stories and they can make you believe Nessie exists if there is enough money in it. "Scientists" are like everyone else. They will come to what ever conclusion that keeps the grant money rolling in.
Only the ones who agree to be right-wing whores!

Virtually every year. Hurricane season runs into the late fall silly boy.
Not this size!

Hurricane Gordon November 1994
The Perfect Storm (also called the Halloween Nor'easter of 1991)
Hurricane Ginger September to October 1971
Hurricanes Francis and Jeanne Sept 2004
Hurricane Wilma October 2005

Read a book silly boy. I can go on and on with this list but I'm sure you get the idea.
Or maybe not, you global warmerist types can be pretty dense.

Only the ones who agree to be right-wing whores!

But, what about the Left Wing Whores?

Talk to the hand, this is not a debatable issue!

Only a religious fanatic feels things are non-debatable. A scientist KNOWS that all things are debatable.

Forum List

Back