Community Investment? Oh, Please

Investing in these neighborhoods will bear nothing, they are money pits, all we are doing is throwing money down the drain. They are born into the welfare state and make it a career

Community Investment? Oh, Please

In the face of the Baltimore riots, President Obama is reportedly resigned that nothing much can be done to prevent similar events in the future because of Republican opposition to any greater “investment” by the federal government in mainly black inner-city communities.

“Investment”? What a joke! An investment is something from which you expect a return, and those communities have about as much chance of paying anyone back anything as Confederate War Bonds do of suddenly maturing at ten percent compound.

These communities are not an “investment”; they’re an expense! The biggest money hole in the history of the human race. Since Lyndon Johnson’s War on Poverty program was enacted, we have spent over fifteen trillion – with a t – on welfare (AFDC and other programs), Food Stamps, WIC stamps, free pre-school, free primary and secondary education, free medical care, free cell phones, Section 8 housing assistance, food pantries, free transportation to the Social Services Office and your medical appointments, free legal services, and I don’t know what else because I haven’t the stomach to look any further.

Articles Community Investment Oh Please

According to Repubs, poor countries are "emergin markets".

Poor areas of the US are to be ignored and crapped on.

How about we invest in our own country, our own people and our own future?
Trillions of dollars have been poured into shitholes like Detroit in "investments." All it has done is lined politicians pockets in those places.

You haven't visited Detroit in a while. Seriously, much of it has experienced robust growth and success.

Be that as it may, my question stands -

How about we invest in our own country, our own people and our own future?
LOL! Yeah, tell me.
I guess once the state took it over and remvoed the corrupt mayor things began turning around.

Nope, I never said anything about racism being the problem.

You said cops are the problem. And we keep hearing the lawyers in Baltimore blaming racist cops who target blacks. The family lawyer said the arrest of the cops will end racism in the city.

There is no evidence that any of the left's assertions against the cops are even true. Libs talk as if it's fact that cops target blacks and are over zealous.

It just irks me when on one hand, liberals say we don't need guns because we have police. Then liberals bash police and a few want to disarm cops. One liberal idiot here said that in GB there were no police shootings. Duh, the cops there don't carry guns. And some have been killed since they can't defend themselves. Liberals want it both ways now. No guns for the people and no guns for the cops. I suppose we better get in good with the gangs since they'll be the only ones armed. Hell, they have been in talks with Baltimore officials. It's clear who is running the city, isn't it?

How are cops responsible for the high crime, drug use, school drop out rate and poverty? Those things are at the root of the problem and the left's solution is to make people as comfortable as possible in poverty with the eternal promise of more. It's not politically correct to call a thug a thug and tell them to start getting their shit together. You'd think they have a right to commit crimes with no police interference the way some talk. Liberals have controlled Baltimore for half a century and this is a direct result of their policies.

Last edited:
What about encouragement and opportunities?
Again....Look to Baltimore City Hall......From there should come the leadership that attracts private investment.

Years ago, back in the 70's, downtown Indianapolis was a rat hole, no community, few businesses and it wasn't safe to go there after dark. They did it right, they attracted businesses, cleaned up the downtown area and it began to thrive, today it's very nice and they are slowly expanding it to the neighborhoods. That sort of investment I can live with, it produced results.

Yeah, and that's why you've got an HIV epidemic in Indiana now, right?

Indiana Governor to Approve Needle Exchanges to Fight H.I.V.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/01/u...prove-needle-exchanges-to-fight-hiv.html?_r=0
WTF does that have to do with Indianapolis? NoPeePee strkes again!

LOL My understanding is the HIV outbreak is in southern Indiana and due to those that failed to apply themelves and turned to drugs...most likely welfare democrats

Right. Big urban areas don't have drug problems. They just have welfare queens masquerading on internet message boards.

The main drug routes in the country coalesce at the I-81/I-80 intersection and go west through I-70 and I-80. Get a map and a major newspaper, and start paying attention. The worst problem with heroin right now is in Vermont. Sadly.

10983245_10153194742566163_6601268927743158508_n.jpg

Again....Look to Baltimore City Hall......From there should come the leadership that attracts private investment.

Years ago, back in the 70's, downtown Indianapolis was a rat hole, no community, few businesses and it wasn't safe to go there after dark. They did it right, they attracted businesses, cleaned up the downtown area and it began to thrive, today it's very nice and they are slowly expanding it to the neighborhoods. That sort of investment I can live with, it produced results.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/01/u...prove-needle-exchanges-to-fight-hiv.html?_r=0

LOL My understanding is the HIV outbreak is in southern Indiana and due to those that failed to apply themelves and turned to drugs...most likely welfare democrats

Right. Big urban areas don't have drug problems. They just have welfare queens masquerading on internet message boards.

The main drug routes in the country coalesce at the I-81/I-80 intersection and go west through I-70 and I-80. Get a map and a major newspaper, and start paying attention. The worst problem with heroin right now is in Vermont. Sadly.
And? So what? What does that have to do with the revival of downtown Indy? Are you ADHD?

Let's give blacks their own state, give them each a house, a car, a boat, pay the utilities, groceries, insurance, anything they could need or want, and I guarantee that within one year, that state would look like a third world shit hole.

Another clueless, racist bigot thread. STFU. If anyone knows about receiving public assistance, it's you.
No one pays you anymind, you racist. You showed your true hatred for whites in another thread.

No, I didn't. I showed empathy for another race. Try it sometime, it will help heal the problem and fix yours.
Everyone on here knows you hate white people. They are not as stupid as you think they are.

As far as my problems go.
I own my home, a ford f150 extended cab, a ford mustang, have no credit card debt, a great family, a bunch of pets, and just finished eating pulled pork bbq, and washed it down with a hot fudge cake from the dairy dream just down the road.

Am I blessed? Oh hell yes, did I do my part to earn it, oh hell yes, 15 hour work days 6 days a week minimum, for almost 20 years, now, I don't have to work near as hard, and life is much more enjoyable.

Not bad for a poor white boy, who never graduated high school, and married when he was 17 to a 17 year old girl, who is still at his side, just over 27 years later.

Other than having to take care of those who refuse to take care of themselves, please tell me, what problems are prominent in my life?

:banana2:

The problem isn't in the bed of your redneck truck. It's between your ears.
And its NoPeePee chiming in with the crap that has made her Number One Laughingstock on this site.

Detroit experienced rioting in the 1960s. It drove away the Jewish owned businesses and helped turn the city into the slum it is today. Baltimore will soon be added to the list of failed cities run by black Democrats.

Detroit was once such a beautiful thriving city. Now it's so destroyed. No businesses wanted to stay.

Hell's bells even Motown Records left.

Let's give blacks their own state, give them each a house, a car, a boat, pay the utilities, groceries, insurance, anything they could need or want, and I guarantee that within one year, that state would look like a third world shit hole.
If something is "free" it has no value. Almost by definition. So people will desotry it. Make people work for something and they take care of it.

You're deflecting from the issue at hand. This thread isn't about the "big bad police", it's about the black population being given every possible hand up and STILL not getting it done. If you want to cop bash start a thread on that

You wouldn't last 5 minutes as a black person in this society.

Check your Privilege!

Take your "privilege" and stick it up your ample ass moron

The government has spent millions and millions of dollars over the years on so called community investment the improvement if any has been marginal. When you spend this much money with little or no improvement it might be time to consider the problem is deeper than just money.
Like a structural trade imbalance that has seen trade deficits of $200 to $300 billion dollars over the past decade, and the closure of 50,000 US factories, along with five million US jobs lost since China joined the WTO? In the late '90s, 10,000 jobs a year began leaving Baltimore as guns and drugs began arriving in ever greater quantities. I know you don't accept the concept of "class warfare," but I don't know what else to call it.

Jobs leave Baltimore. What is the solution to bringing them back? CVS was a first start and it was brought down. Does Baltimore really want jobs or does it want an excuse of no jobs to justify what was done to it last Monday? Any leader, political, religious, or otherwise that tried to give legitimacy to the looters by lumping them in with protestors is at fault. That also goes for the scribes with their "banks have been looting Baltimore forever" shit.

They destroyed 200 businesses. I think they prefer the " no jobs" excuse.

If something is "free" it has no value. Almost by definition. So people will desotry it. Make people work for something and they take care of it.
But if you make them work they won't vote for you.

You're deflecting from the issue at hand. This thread isn't about the "big bad police", it's about the black population being given every possible hand up and STILL not getting it done. If you want to cop bash start a thread on that

Check your Privilege!

Oh cry me a freaking river! America has got to be the best place in the world to be a minority and be able to make it to the freaking top of any business, sport or in government.

But you have to be willing to make the climb.

obs leave Baltimore. What is the solution to bringing them back? CVS was a first start and it was brought down. Does Baltimore really want jobs or does it want an excuse of no jobs to justify what was done to it last Monday?
Ten thousand jobs that paid well enough to support a middle class family began leaving Baltimore 17 years ago. The burning of CVS and other businesses is a symptom of the structural economic decline Baltimore, and other US urban centers, have seen over the past decades and not its cause. If the private sector can no longer provide good paying jobs, then the public sector will.

Check your Privilege!

Oh cry me a freaking river! America has got to be the best place in the world to be a minority and be able to make it to the freaking top of any business, sport or in government.

But you have to be willing to make the climb.

My father was career Navy, no silver spoon for me, I took out loans for school and repaid every nickle of them, same with my husband. I only wish I had the opportunities some blacks have...and ignore. Why should they make an effort? They know the nanny state will provide

Well ... excuuuuuuse me ......... FYI - Our problems go much deeper than "community", much deeper than "hand-outs", much deeper than "race", much deeper than our "black population", and much deeper than what Mr. Obama is willing to acknowledge and address.

Your post doesn't begin to address the problems we face, nor the issues within races, nor community issues. Your post is obviously political biased, prejudice, and is the usual political "blah blah" that we hear and read every single day. Our problems are NOT Republican problems, nor are they Democrat problems. Our problems are politically based agendas where America and her citizens are far down the priority list. Try looking passed the surface and the propaganda BS of party politics, and examine the root causes that pushed our problem to the level they are today.

Or, are you one of those that play the party blame game, and not understanding nor realizing exactly how politics adversely affects all of us, regardless of race or nationality?

The war on poverty is lost, just like the war on drugs. I never said it was a political problem, I said it's a failure to apply one's self and get ahead, even with trillions of dollars spent they can't get it done. Why?
They can't get it done due to no real effort, no sound doable workable plan, political agendas, addressing the wrong problems, and not assigning the right resources to the situation. They make a half-hearted effort, then claim there's no money to continue and go beyond first steps. No one has made an honest effort to address poverty, homelessness, jobs, nor what it takes to be productive and self-supporting. Without encouragement and real opportunities, any program for those less fortunate will fail. We spend more money and resources on wars, bailouts, subsidies, and foreign aid than we spend on the well-being and prosperity of our citizens.

People respond to encouragement and real opportunities. People want to realize their dreams and to be self-supporting and enjoy life. When we push people aside, neglect them, make excuses for them, give them false hope, and treat them as liabilities instead of an asset, what can we expect from them?

You are born into life, what you make of that life is up to you. I'm a realist, you have "the dream"
Cute ... real cute ...... so anyone can just out and be anything they so desire? Pleeeeease ........ at least make it sound somewhat real .. please....
Yes..That is the beauty of this nation. We have the freedom to do the best that we can using our potential and a vast amount of resources.

What about encouragement and opportunities?

Moron....The HIV thing is not in Indianapolis.
And the sharing of dirty needles among heroin uses has precisely DICK to do with the OP's statement.
Such a stupid statement you made.
Wow

Indianapolis is in....Missouri?
The HIV outbreak is in a rural part of the State...Rural Indiana struggles with drug-fueled HIV epidemic
Now, what does this have to do with anything?...
Other than your feeble attempt to deflect the discussion in a direction that makes you feel comfy.

obs leave Baltimore. What is the solution to bringing them back? CVS was a first start and it was brought down. Does Baltimore really want jobs or does it want an excuse of no jobs to justify what was done to it last Monday?
Ten thousand jobs that paid well enough to support a middle class family began leaving Baltimore 17 years ago. The burning of CVS and other businesses is a symptom of the structural economic decline Baltimore, and other US urban centers, have seen over the past decades and not its cause. If the private sector can no longer provide good paying jobs, then the public sector will.
Well, that's what the community organizer said but where are those jobs? We've seen a lot of new additions to the welfare rolls but no black jobs. What happened? Oh yeah, welfare equals votes, a job doesn't.

Indianapolis is in Indiana, last time I checked.
Duh. Looks like SassyIrishLass has eaten your lunch, NoPeePee.

Whatever floats your rubber raft, Rabbi. She has me on ignore. I ate her lunch several months ago.
Dude you couldn't win an argument with a corpse.

Why is Baltimore the only us city starving for investment???
Because it's on the news cycle radar now...
Before this thing with the cops and Gray, nobody cared.
I think the elected officials of Baltimore will wind up wishing this never happened.
They are playing a high stakes poker game with a short stack.

Forum List

Back