Coming to pick up the kids? Let me see your ID! No, Great...RESISTING ARREST!

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
Ohio Officers Allegedly Used Excessive Force On 12-Year-Old Girl News One

In a nutshell this lady dropped off some kids at a pool and 2 werent let in because of their bathing suit (is that a thing now?)

The lady pulls up to pick up the kids and 1 min and 40 something seconds later she's leaving in hand cuffs. Why? Not really sure, they never say why but in the video the lady tells the officer

"I'm just here to pick up the kids. Could you tell my daughter to shut the car off?"

Then of course what would a pool party be without another guy slamming around a 13 year old girl....I bet he says she was super duper strong, right?

"Fairfield Police Chief Mike Dickey claims his officers didn’t use excessive force. He also says the mother started the fracas when she allegedly told one of the children to grab her stun gun after she refused to show her identification card to officers.

“I think the videos, including their videos, tell a different story. It’s clear to me in the videos they were non-compliant,” Dickey said. “I think when anybody is attacking a police officer, whether it’s a gun attack or a physical attack or a knife attack, these officers are obligated to defend themselves. Had she provided her identification much the same as the thousands of arrests and citations are made around the country, it would have ended right there.”"

Too right. Officer makes a simple request, comply or it's your ass.

Officer walks up and says "put your finger in your ass"

Delta responds: "Waaay ahead of ya"

"Fairfield Police Chief Mike Dickey claims his officers didn’t use excessive force. He also says the mother started the fracas when she allegedly told one of the children to grab her stun gun after she refused to show her identification card to officers.

“I think the videos, including their videos, tell a different story. It’s clear to me in the videos they were non-compliant,” Dickey said. “I think when anybody is attacking a police officer, whether it’s a gun attack or a physical attack or a knife attack, these officers are obligated to defend themselves. Had she provided her identification much the same as the thousands of arrests and citations are made around the country, it would have ended right there.”"

She be black. Telling the kids to grab her stun gun is what black mamas are supposed to do.

The cop not only behaved appropriately but used a lot of restraint.

She be black. Telling the kids to grab her stun gun is what black mamas are supposed to do.

So now instead of being in danger the cop just says the victim was ABOUT TO do something and thats the new thing. LOL.

Interactions with police can be smooth and cordial, or acrimonious and hostile.

When street-camping in Santa Cruz one summer (wasn't homeless, had a home, just wasn't there for a while heh,) I was resting on some sort of metal cabinent with electrical utilities or something on a sidewalk early in the evening. Noticed a police car rolling slowly up the road some ways away shining his search light into the dark. Figuring he was looking for someone I stayed put. When he got to me he stopped and got out and I greeted him pleasant as can-be, "Hi! Who ya looking for?" to which he replied, "You." Flattered I responded, "Me? Well here I am." smiling. Asked my business to which I replied just resting a bit after walking around all day. Which was true. And he asked for my identification which I had. Ran the checks and whatever they do with it then gave it back. Then said someone called about someone loitering and I should get on my way to which I said ok. Then he left.

Instead of giving the officer lip or making a federal case out of it asserting my right to sit where I bloody want (which I do,) I complied and avoided a bad scene. Whole thing last maybe 2 mins.

I gotta think this situation at the pools could have been avoided by simply helping make an officer's day go as smoothly as possible without being a total dick. When you begin getting mouthy or saying "no" to an officer, they're thinking "disorderly conduct." And that's gonna be what results in your being placed in handcuffs 90% of the time.

Knowing is half the battle. :)

You didnt say WHY someone needs to show an ID when they are picking up kids from the pool and how that is grounds for arrest.

You're just saying "She shoulda" and never asked why

Sooner or later, one way or another, you're going to learn that disrespecting cops and teaching your children to disrespect them, puts you and your children in danger. The cops are in a position of authority for a reason. You are not, for a reason.

Sooner or later, one way or another, you're going to learn that disrespecting cops and teaching your children to disrespect them, puts you and your children in danger. The cops are in a position of authority for a reason. You are not, for a reason.

There was no disrespect by her or the kids, sorry

If they ask for an ID you have 2 choices, show your ID or challenge the cops. If they say hands up, you have 2 choices, hands up or charge the officer.

Ash, ask Baltimore what the reason for cops is. They stop responding and crime soars. When you call 911 because someone is breaking into your house, what is the reason for the call and your expectations after you have made the call?
That is the reason for cops...

Why has nothing to do with it. Ask why in court. Confronting cops gets you killed. Teach your children that.

yeah well, when someone is accused of wrong doing and the potential for arrest they kinda want to know why. You not having a reason shows there isnt one. Rights and stuff, yanno

So now instead of being in danger the cop just says the victim was ABOUT TO do something and thats the new thing. LOL.

If you were a cop...and the person said they were going to retrieve a weapon....would you let them get it?

I cant believe how retarded you have become.

If you were a cop...and the person said they were going to retrieve a weapon....would you let them get it?

No, but that lady did nothing FIRST, and the COP approached her FIRST for no reason.

No weapon was there, no weapon was retrieved and the only thing you have is the cop said it so it must be true.

But if we look at it, again, no weapon, no weapon retrieved and no threat to the officer.

Hell, they didnt even charge her with threatening a police officer, kinda weird since thats what he's alleging.

You didnt say WHY someone needs to show an ID when they are picking up kids from the pool and how that is grounds for arrest.

You're just saying "She shoulda" and never asked why

Not enough details.

If cops were called for unsupervised children...they are now obligated to their safety. Thank trial lawyers for that.

So...if an adult picks them up...cops need ID so their report (tbe CYA document) says who the kids left with.

Why were cops called?

No, but that lady did nothing FIRST, and the COP approached her FIRST for no reason.

No weapon was there, no weapon was retrieved and the only thing you have is the cop said it so it must be true.

But if we look at it, again, no weapon, no weapon retrieved and no threat to the officer.

Hell, they didnt even charge her with threatening a police officer, kinda weird since thats what he's alleging.

This is lacking so many details. I'll wait.

Forum List

Back