Coming to a Red State near you....

There is no question that overruling Roe will have severe implications for women at all levels, for years to come. That doesn't even begin to touch on the precedent this activist in removing a Constitutional right granted 50 years ago. I have never before heard of an individual right being taken away.

The effects will be devastating for many women.

Time to stop pretending this is "good for women" as if they are nothing more than stupid cows who don't know what how to make their own healthcare decisions.

Here is a taste of what to expect. Feel free to add more examples.

The wording varies slightly from state to state. Texas allows abortion for “a medical emergency”; Louisiana’s bill makes an exception to prevent “death or substantial risk of death,” or “permanent impairment of a life-sustaining organ”; and Idaho permits abortion “to prevent the death of the pregnant woman.” On Thursday, Oklahoma legislators approved a bill that would ban nearly all abortions starting from fertilization, with an exception to save the life of the mother “in a medical emergency.”

Those exceptions are so vaguely defined, and with such harsh penalties for providers deemed to have violated the terms, physicians say they will be effectively unable to provide proper medical care or even discuss abortion with patients.
The Dimwinger fearmongering is gonna be off the charts. :auiqs.jpg:

No one believes conservatives’ “states’ rights” lie.

Just you, faux Constitution expert.

You're the very last one I'd take constitutional advice from. That and you're a hate filled toad

There is no question that overruling Roe will have severe implications for women at all levels
There is EVERY question of that! All that has happened here is the unconstitutional control over abortion has been rightfully move out from the FEDERAL level back democratically and legally where it belonged back closer to the people at the state level. So now, if you don't like your abortion policy, you can complain to your STATE where you have a voice. That's LIBERTY, not enslavement.

in removing a Constitutional right
There IS NO CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT to abort freely at will! NOWHERE in the Constitution is abortion or women's rights ever mentioned even once.

I have never before heard of an individual right being taken away.
You have just had an individual "right" given BACK to you. RvW took it away.

I doubt it. People will need to learn how to start being more responsible now again for their own actions instead of expecting someone else to DIE for their mistakes! Besides, stats show that 92% of all abortions were ELECTIVE, not medically or otherwise required. The biggest sufferer here will be the baby body part industry.

Time to stop pretending this is "good for women"
NO, but it was the Constitutionally necessary and lawful thing to do and the democratically RIGHT thing to do. Where it goes from here now is up to YOU and your State. Congratulations.

as if they are nothing more than stupid cows who don't know what how to make their own healthcare decisions.
Running to PP to have a living feeling person cut out of you everytime because you wanted your cake while still eating it too is not a healthcare decision. Having unprotected sex 6 times a week because you think you can just plop the child out and thrown him away is a LIFESTYLE decision, allowing young women to justify their status as free and independent from both men and family. Nature intended that when we have sex and get pregnant, we are SUPPOSED to have a child and raise a family! That is reality.

Here is a taste of what to expect.
C'mon, you have no idea what to expect now so stop your peddling doom and gloom. All that has happened is now it is up to you and your state government now to best decide your pediatric and obstetric care, not the federal government.

I have never before heard of an individual right being taken away.
Get used to it. Just as the right to an abortion isn't explicitly enumerated in the Constitution, neither is a right to privacy. Privacy is a right established by previous SC decisions based on amendments to the Constitution. So prepare yourself for the court to break with precedent, as they did with Roe and the Voting Rights Act, and go after all manner of rights protected under the concept of a right to privacy that's no longer recognized.

There is no question that overruling Roe will have severe implications for women at all levels, for years to come. That doesn't even begin to touch on the precedent this activist in removing a Constitutional right granted 50 years ago. I have never before heard of an individual right being taken away.

Time to stop pretending this is "good for women" as if they are nothing more than stupid cows who don't know what how to make their own healthcare decisions.

The wording varies slightly from state to state. Texas allows abortion for “a medical emergency”; Louisiana’s bill makes an exception to prevent “death or substantial risk of death,” or “permanent impairment of a life-sustaining organ”; and Idaho permits abortion “to prevent the death of the pregnant woman.” On Thursday, Oklahoma legislators approved a bill that would ban nearly all abortions starting from fertilization, with an exception to save the life of the mother “in a medical emergency.”

Those exceptions are so vaguely defined, and with such harsh penalties for providers deemed to have violated the terms, physicians say they will be effectively unable to provide proper medical care or even discuss abortion with patients.
The bitterness is both obvious and delighting in a soothing sort of way...go back just a little in time and try to remember all the right wing posting about "legislating from the bench"....if you did not understand what they were telling you then you will now...based on past left wing legislative court findings [that were nothing more than cronyism backed up by a corrupt media] this will at least have the valued effect of showing what legislating from the bench is unless of course ya keep pretending it does not and did not exist.

In any case, I told ya so...it's their turn now

There is no question that overruling Roe will have severe implications for women at all levels, for years to come.
Especially those who haven't been born.
That doesn't even begin to touch on the precedent this activist in removing a Constitutional right granted 50 years ago. I have never before heard of an individual right being taken away.
Rights are natural and inherent, not "granted" by our supposed betters....Should brush up on your Hobbes and Locke.
But a boon for future women who are gestating.
"Woe is me" begging gthe question isn't any kind of counter argument.

You'll still be able to freely travel to states like Illinois, Fornicalia, and all of New England to perform your human sacrifice....So quit your sniveling.

Alito went on to make it clear, however, that the PEOPLE'S right to legislate the practice of abortions should be left up to the PEOPLE, which is why the USSC returned that power / authority back to the people.
Liberals can't convince enough people to vote for aborting babies, wait this just in from liberals... :aargh: :102::206::206::206:

Cool story. You have your view, I'll have mine, everyone else has their own views, and we'll call it freedom.

Oh, that's right. People only get to have freedom if they do what you want them to do.
Yawn. Virtue signaling doesn't work here. As you dance around the question even the judges on Roe V Wade refused to answer. When does life begin?

Once it's considered life the equation is different and you know it.

That question is the compromise the Justices wanted the legislature to decide on Roe V Wade. To determine when life begins via a COMPROMISE LAW.

This doesn't end abortion. It just gives the states the right to decide for themselves the laws they will live by. And not some actor from Cali who says he demands we allow abortion here for any reason.

You have your view, I'll have mine, everyone else has their own views, and we'll call it freedom

Now we have the freedom to decide how we choose to govern our Communities and States.

If people think there should be a Defined Right to Abortion in the Constitution ...
All they need is a supermajority in the House and Senate, and 38 States to agree.

Forum List

Back