Columbus Day? Let's change it to Mayflower Pilgrims Day

Would you have an issue if we raped and murdered your family? After all it’s been going on for centuries, right?

Actually, it was "my family" that was doing the "raping and murdering". Which is why the more warlike bands of the Potawatomie were shipped off to reservations.

I seem to be alone on this, so I’ll put my flame suit on ;) but I wish some people would put even half as much time they spend obsessing on holidays on more important things that actually matter. Almost all of them are FAKE “holidays“ that are just commercialized made up holidays designed to get people to spend money on cards and gifts, or designed to push some sort of agenda.
But whatever, :2cents:

I only do three holidays. And two of em are most often on a tv tray.

Those were great Americans, and the first Americans, with no loyalty to England or any other European cesspool, but only to their God and to each other.

They came over on one ship, while Columbus had a ship and two spares to make his journey far less dangerous. They set up a viable system of self-governance before even departing for America. They expected no help from any existing government, and they were right. Government never took interest in North America until American people thrived and created wealth, which attracts government as surely as chum attracts a shark.

"Indiginous People's Day?" Give me a break. The natives that the Mayflower pilgrims met were not "Americans." They could not have drawn you a map of the Continent, or even much of their immediate surroundings. They could not have guess how far the ocean went from their shores, they had never had the brains, courage and initiative to explore it.

We brought them healthcare, plentiful food, literature, and a constitution copied by one of the few tribes that tried to follow our example and better themselves.
Actually it was more of a GENOCIDE. The whites also brought deadly diseases and the idea that the earth was something that could be owned and exploited. Plus they taught the natives the evil of thinking some men are better than others.

I seem to be alone on this, so I’ll put my flame suit on ;) but I wish some people would put even half as much time they spend obsessing on holidays on more important things that actually matter. Almost all of them are FAKE “holidays“ that are just commercialized made up holidays designed to get people to spend money on cards and gifts, or designed to push some sort of agenda.
But whatever, :2cents:

lol who do we send cards and gifts to on Columbus Day???

Actually it was more of a GENOCIDE. The whites also brought deadly diseases and the idea that the earth was something that could be owned and exploited. Plus they taught the natives the evil of thinking some men are better than others.

lol rubbish.

Those were great Americans, and the first Americans, with no loyalty to England or any other European cesspool, but only to their God and to each other.

They came over on one ship, while Columbus had a ship and two spares to make his journey far less dangerous. They set up a viable system of self-governance before even departing for America. They expected no help from any existing government, and they were right. Government never took interest in North America until American people thrived and created wealth, which attracts government as surely as chum attracts a shark.

"Indiginous People's Day?" Give me a break. The natives that the Mayflower pilgrims met were not "Americans." They could not have drawn you a map of the Continent, or even much of their immediate surroundings. They could not have guess how far the ocean went from their shores, they had never had the brains, courage and initiative to explore it.

We brought them healthcare, plentiful food, literature, and a constitution copied by one of the few tribes that tried to follow our example and better themselves.

We already celebrate them on Thanksgiving.

We live in a country built on genocide and slavery, and you live in mortal fear of even talking about it. Why is that?

lol rubbish.
Educate yourself.

When European settlers arrived in the Americas, historians estimate there were over 10 million Native Americans living there. By 1900, their estimated population was under 300,000. Native Americans were subjected to many different forms of violence, all with the intention of destroying the community. In the late 1800s, blankets from smallpox patients were distributed to Native Americans in order to spread disease. There were several wars, and violence was encouraged; for example, European settlers were paid for each Penobscot person they killed. In the 19th century, 4,000 Cherokee people died on the Trail of Tears, a forced march from the southern U.S. to Oklahoma. In the 20th century, civil rights violations were common, and discrimination continues to this day.

RECOMMENDED RESOURCES​

Books
Alex Alvarez - Native America and the question of genocide
Ward Churchill - A little matter of genocide: holocaust and denial in the Americas, 1492 to the present
Alexander Laban Hinton - Hidden genocides: power, knowledge, memory
Leslie Alan Horvitz - Encyclopedia of war crimes and genocide
Ben Kiernan - Blood and soil: a world history of genocide and extermination from Sparta to Darfur
Alexander Mikaberidze - Atrocities, massacres, and war crimes: an encyclopedia
David E. Stannard - American Holocaust: the conquest of the New World
Andrew John Woolford - Colonial genocide in indigenous North America

Educate yourself.

When European settlers arrived in the Americas, historians estimate there were over 10 million Native Americans living there. By 1900, their estimated population was under 300,000. Native Americans were subjected to many different forms of violence, all with the intention of destroying the community. In the late 1800s, blankets from smallpox patients were distributed to Native Americans in order to spread disease. There were several wars, and violence was encouraged; for example, European settlers were paid for each Penobscot person they killed. In the 19th century, 4,000 Cherokee people died on the Trail of Tears, a forced march from the southern U.S. to Oklahoma. In the 20th century, civil rights violations were common, and discrimination continues to this day.

RECOMMENDED RESOURCES​

Books
Alex Alvarez - Native America and the question of genocide
Ward Churchill - A little matter of genocide: holocaust and denial in the Americas, 1492 to the present
Alexander Laban Hinton - Hidden genocides: power, knowledge, memory
Leslie Alan Horvitz - Encyclopedia of war crimes and genocide
Ben Kiernan - Blood and soil: a world history of genocide and extermination from Sparta to Darfur
Alexander Mikaberidze - Atrocities, massacres, and war crimes: an encyclopedia
David E. Stannard - American Holocaust: the conquest of the New World
Andrew John Woolford - Colonial genocide in indigenous North America

lol even more rubbish.

We already celebrate them on Thanksgiving.

We live in a country built on genocide and slavery, and you live in mortal fear of even talking about it. Why is that?
Wow, you don't know me.

I talk about the evil of slavery being in our constitution often. Lately Dems have been so caught up with TDS, that every conversation turns into "but Trump!"

Columbus helped the Spanish bring their ultra statist mentality to central and South America.

Nothing worth happening happened until English speaking people colonized North America.
64BA986F-0FB8-444F-B550-6028044F106A.jpeg

I do. None whatsoever.

Oh, the usual stuff. Playing music, falling in love, representing my people, studying Native history.
You?
Mountain hiking, laying by the pool, tear-out/ replacing and trimming patio door with french doors, biking, weapons range time, reading, just whatever I feel like at the time.

lol who do we send cards and gifts to on Columbus Day???

I probably should've put my post on another thread, because I wasn't talking about Columbus day. I was just commenting on holidays in general.. that some people put so much focus on them. Personally I don't care about Columbus day, so I guess my post was kinda off topic.

How would you know? You didn't have time to read anything before you responded.
Educate yourself or remain ignorant. Your choice.

I've been listening to that kind of idiot 'history for a long time. You probably think Ward Churchill was a real 'scholar', too. lol

The so-called 'Trail Of Tears' was a result of the Cherokee taking some $5 million in Federal money, plus supplies, given a considerable time frame to move in, then welched on the deal they made. They were a criminal nuisance, and if Jackson hadn't paid them to move their neighbors would have eventually tired of their stealing and murders and exterminated them all. Half the tribe was already in Oklahoma, got there just fine with no trouble.

Tragic story, bad choice in the time of year to make the trip, but it was largely self-inflicted, and they weren't massacred, so your attempt at a Pity Party is the usual flop. No natives were just hapless victims, they were full participants in the politics and wars of the day. Wasn't anything whites never suffered from.

Last edited:
I've been listening to that kind of idiot 'history for a long time. You probably think Ward Churchill was a real 'scholar', too. lol

The so-called 'Trail Of Tears' was a result of the Cherokee taking some $5 million in Federal money, plus supplies, given a considerable time frame to move in, then welched on the deal they made. They were a criminal nuisance, and if Jackson hadn't paid them to move their neighbors would have eventually tired of their stealing and murders and exterminated them all. Half the tribe was already in Oklahoma, got there just fine with no trouble.

Tragic story, bad choice in the time of year to make the trip, but it was largely self-inflicted, and they weren't massacred, so your attempt at a Pity Party is the usual flop. No natives were just hapless victims, they were full participants in the politics and wars of the day. Wasn't anything whites never suffered from.
Wisdom has been chasing you, but you've always been faster.

Wow, so many lies in so few sentences.

By your reasoning, we should blame the Chinese for the plagues that swept Europe for "Genocide", as they originated in China and came to Europe via the Silk Road.

And that land could be "owned" was hardly a "white concept". It was pretty much global.

And you think that they had to be "taught" that some were better than others? So I guess they never practiced widespread wars for slaves, and to collect huge numbers of people for mass human sacrifices prior to the arrival of the Europeans.

God, I hate how so many have this Disneyfied concept of Indians, and think that everybody was like Pocahontas and had no war and lived at peace with everything. I actually find that more offensive than most other of the fantasy beliefs that many have.

Wow, so many lies in so few sentences.

By your reasoning, we should blame the Chinese for the plagues that swept Europe for "Genocide", as they originated in China and came to Europe via the Silk Road.

And that land could be "owned" was hardly a "white concept". It was pretty much global.

And you think that they had to be "taught" that some were better than others? So I guess they never practiced widespread wars for slaves, and to collect huge numbers of people for mass human sacrifices prior to the arrival of the Europeans.

God, I hate how so many have this Disneyfied concept of Indians, and think that everybody was like Pocahontas and had no war and lived at peace with everything. I actually find that more offensive than most other of the fantasy beliefs that many have.
You're an idiot and a liar.

Forum List

Back