Colorado judge strikes down AR-15 ban, and over 10 round magazine ban....good.

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Hey...Daryl hunt........you were saying about the colorado AR-15 ban?

Now, a Colorado judge has tossed the AR-15 ban in the trash bin, along with the provision prohibiting ownership of magazines that carry more than 10 rounds. That’s the backdoor gun ban right there. It’s not just about the rifle. It’s about curbing constitutional gun rights by these magazine laws.

A host of firearms that aren’t AR-15 rifles have magazines with more than 10 rounds. This law would effectively ban them too.

We all see what you’re doing here, liberal America (via Free Beacon):

A judge struck down Boulder, Colorado's ban on the possession of AR-15s and magazines holding more than 10 rounds on Monday.
Colorado state judge Andrew Hartman ruled the city's gun ban violated the state's preemption law, which prevents localities from imposing gun regulations above and beyond state law. Judge Hartman's ruling declares the ordinance invalid and immediately bars the city from enforcing the ban.
"The Court has determined that only Colorado state (or federal) law can prohibit the possession, sale, and transfer of assault weapons and large capacity magazines," Hartman wrote in the ruling.
The ruling is the latest in a string of victories for gun advocates who have used state preemption laws to overturn strict local gun regulations. A Washington court struck down a local ordinance on gun storage in February 2021, and a Pennsylvania court struck down Pittsburgh's attempt to regulate the use of AR-15s inside city limits in October 2019.
Jon Caldara, a longtime Boulder resident who openly flouted the AR-15 ban, said he was "thrilled" by the ruling. The former Denver Post columnist and Independence Institute president publicly announced he would not comply with the order to turn over his AR-15 or ammunition magazines when the ban was instituted in 2019. He filed a separate federal suit against the ordinance and said his family has received backlash from supporters ever since.

"I was probably the most publicly known criminal in Boulder," he told the Washington Free Beacon. "That made us social outcasts. And it was really bad. My daughter got bullied at school for our position."

Now, a Colorado judge has tossed the AR-15 ban in the trash bin, along with the provision prohibiting ownership of magazines that carry more than 10 rounds. That’s the backdoor gun ban right there. It’s not just about the rifle. It’s about curbing constitutional gun rights by these magazine laws.

A host of firearms that aren’t AR-15 rifles have magazines with more than 10 rounds. This law would effectively ban them too.

A judge struck down Boulder, Colorado's ban on the possession of AR-15s and magazines holding more than 10 rounds on Monday.
Colorado state judge Andrew Hartman ruled the city's gun ban violated the state's preemption law, which prevents localities from imposing gun regulations above and beyond state law. Judge Hartman's ruling declares the ordinance invalid and immediately bars the city from enforcing the ban.
"The Court has determined that only Colorado state (or federal) law can prohibit the possession, sale, and transfer of assault weapons and large capacity magazines," Hartman wrote in the ruling.
The ruling is the latest in a string of victories for gun advocates who have used state preemption laws to overturn strict local gun regulations. A Washington court struck down a local ordinance on gun storage in February 2021, and a Pennsylvania court struck down Pittsburgh's attempt to regulate the use of AR-15s inside city limits in October 2019.
Jon Caldara, a longtime Boulder resident who openly flouted the AR-15 ban, said he was "thrilled" by the ruling. The former Denver Post columnist and Independence Institute president publicly announced he would not comply with the order to turn over his AR-15 or ammunition magazines when the ban was instituted in 2019. He filed a separate federal suit against the ordinance and said his family has received backlash from supporters ever since.

"I was probably the most publicly known criminal in Boulder," he told the Washington Free Beacon. "That made us social outcasts. And it was really bad. My daughter got bullied at school for our position."

I agree with the ruling since that was already established by the 9th Circuit Federal Court. But the State Law reads 15 as being the max. And that has been upheld in various courts.

I agree with the ruling since that was already established by the 9th Circuit Federal Court. But the State Law reads 15 as being the max. And that has been upheld in various courts.

And that is just dumb. Limiting bullets was simply a way to back door ban various types of pistols that take 15-19 rounds in their magazine. It was stupid and pointless.......

It's still an infringement.

15 is the max? Shit... I'll need 15 more before I can move to Colorado...

And that is just dumb. Limiting bullets was simply a way to back door ban various types of pistols that take 15-19 rounds in their magazine. It was stupid and pointless.......

It's the law and has been upheld in Federal Courts.

Well, that Vietnam Era M-2 still takes a special license and I doubt if I will see too many CJ-5s sporting the M-2 will be cruising the streets. Of course, it just might make the argument solution when you want to make sure that open parking spot. Unless both parties bring their Armed CJ-5.

8b93f6ee6e87c4fd55bf840746c80bd3.gif

Well, that Vietnam Era M-2 still takes a special license and I doubt if I will see too many CJ-5s sporting the M-2 will be cruising the streets. Of course, it just might make the argument solution when you want to make sure that open parking spot. Unless both parties bring their Armed CJ-5.

No, it doesn't. If it's a transferable anyone who can legally own firearms can own the M2. They just have to pay a 200 tax.

Still an infringement, for sure, but that's because the government cheated and appealed their loss while neglecting to inform Miller's attorneys of the upcoming hearing.

No, it doesn't. If it's a transferable anyone who can legally own firearms can own the M2. They just have to pay a 200 tax.

And pass a background check. And prove that you have the storage and security for it. And purchase an EFA license. Anyone that is able to pass a simple Background Check to buy a 9mm pistol can probably pass that EFA background check. And running around the street with it mounted on your CJ-5 would definitely be in violation of not only federal but state laws.

And pass a background check. And prove that you have the storage and security for it. And purchase an EFA license. Anyone that is able to pass a simple Background Check to buy a 9mm pistol can probably pass that EFA background check. And running around the street with it mounted on your CJ-5 would definitely be in violation of not only federal but state laws.

There is no license dumbass. Transferable NFA weapons need no special license. I OWN machineguns. The tax pays for the background check. The time used to be a day. Then, when obummer came in the waits for transfers jumped to 6 months. No reason, just bureaucrats acting like petty assholes.

As far as running around the street with it, they are worth more than the stupid jeep. People who own those types of weapons aren't as stupid as you seem to be.

Please explain why this is so important to you to have an AR-15. We had guns in the house in leather locked bags and we shot them. I even pulled the trigger when my father sighted. He taught me to never pull a gun on any living being. I violated this teaching once, in Castroville, Texas, when I was 12 and practicing with my aunt's pistol. I shot at a spider on the back of the garage.

Explain yourself and why you would need an assault weapon.

A Barret that can only fire semi-auto doesn't need a special license.

Please explain why this is so important to you to have an AR-15. We had guns in the house in leather locked bags and we shot them. I even pulled the trigger when my father sighted. He taught me to never pull a gun on any living being. I violated this teaching once, in Castroville, Texas, when I was 12 and practicing with my aunt's pistol. I shot at a spider on the back of the garage.

Superiority of firepower. At least parody of firepower. That's why. That's more explanation than you're entitled to.

I need one because fuck you I don't have to explain myself.

It's really not so much about need as it is want. In a free country, you should be able to buy yourself toys even if you have no "need" for them.

More importantly, Democrats have used increments to get their way to their ultimate goal. I remember when gays only wanted to be out of the closet. Look at them today. I remember when they only wanted to outlaw cigarettes in movie theaters. Today you can't smoke outside in some commie cities unless it's pot. I remember when all they wanted was to take lead out of gasoline. Today we have 30 different blends of gasoline.

It's like the great late Rush Limbaugh said so many times: I know liberals like I know every square inch of my glorious naked body.

That being said, there is nobody that will convince me they are going to stop at AR's, AKs, anything. Because liberals have a history of using increments. We all know they won't be happy, or quit pushing until it's nearly impossible for law abiding citizens to be armed. If you look at their bills, they are trying to do it right now.

Maybe we should do the same with voting. :eusa_shhh:

Forum List

Back