Colorado judge strikes down AR-15 ban, and over 10 round magazine ban....good.

Hey...Daryl hunt........you were saying about the colorado AR-15 ban?

Now, a Colorado judge has tossed the AR-15 ban in the trash bin, along with the provision prohibiting ownership of magazines that carry more than 10 rounds. That’s the backdoor gun ban right there. It’s not just about the rifle. It’s about curbing constitutional gun rights by these magazine laws.

A host of firearms that aren’t AR-15 rifles have magazines with more than 10 rounds. This law would effectively ban them too.

We all see what you’re doing here, liberal America (via Free Beacon):

A judge struck down Boulder, Colorado's ban on the possession of AR-15s and magazines holding more than 10 rounds on Monday.
Colorado state judge Andrew Hartman ruled the city's gun ban violated the state's preemption law, which prevents localities from imposing gun regulations above and beyond state law. Judge Hartman's ruling declares the ordinance invalid and immediately bars the city from enforcing the ban.
"The Court has determined that only Colorado state (or federal) law can prohibit the possession, sale, and transfer of assault weapons and large capacity magazines," Hartman wrote in the ruling.
The ruling is the latest in a string of victories for gun advocates who have used state preemption laws to overturn strict local gun regulations. A Washington court struck down a local ordinance on gun storage in February 2021, and a Pennsylvania court struck down Pittsburgh's attempt to regulate the use of AR-15s inside city limits in October 2019.
Jon Caldara, a longtime Boulder resident who openly flouted the AR-15 ban, said he was "thrilled" by the ruling. The former Denver Post columnist and Independence Institute president publicly announced he would not comply with the order to turn over his AR-15 or ammunition magazines when the ban was instituted in 2019. He filed a separate federal suit against the ordinance and said his family has received backlash from supporters ever since.

"I was probably the most publicly known criminal in Boulder," he told the Washington Free Beacon. "That made us social outcasts. And it was really bad. My daughter got bullied at school for our position."

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Now, a Colorado judge has tossed the AR-15 ban in the trash bin, along with the provision prohibiting ownership of magazines that carry more than 10 rounds. That’s the backdoor gun ban right there. It’s not just about the rifle. It’s about curbing constitutional gun rights by these magazine laws.

A host of firearms that aren’t AR-15 rifles have magazines with more than 10 rounds. This law would effectively ban them too.

A judge struck down Boulder, Colorado's ban on the possession of AR-15s and magazines holding more than 10 rounds on Monday.
Colorado state judge Andrew Hartman ruled the city's gun ban violated the state's preemption law, which prevents localities from imposing gun regulations above and beyond state law. Judge Hartman's ruling declares the ordinance invalid and immediately bars the city from enforcing the ban.
"The Court has determined that only Colorado state (or federal) law can prohibit the possession, sale, and transfer of assault weapons and large capacity magazines," Hartman wrote in the ruling.
The ruling is the latest in a string of victories for gun advocates who have used state preemption laws to overturn strict local gun regulations. A Washington court struck down a local ordinance on gun storage in February 2021, and a Pennsylvania court struck down Pittsburgh's attempt to regulate the use of AR-15s inside city limits in October 2019.
Jon Caldara, a longtime Boulder resident who openly flouted the AR-15 ban, said he was "thrilled" by the ruling. The former Denver Post columnist and Independence Institute president publicly announced he would not comply with the order to turn over his AR-15 or ammunition magazines when the ban was instituted in 2019. He filed a separate federal suit against the ordinance and said his family has received backlash from supporters ever since.

"I was probably the most publicly known criminal in Boulder," he told the Washington Free Beacon. "That made us social outcasts. And it was really bad. My daughter got bullied at school for our position."

I agree with the ruling since that was already established by the 9th Circuit Federal Court. But the State Law reads 15 as being the max. And that has been upheld in various courts.

And that is just dumb. Limiting bullets was simply a way to back door ban various types of pistols that take 15-19 rounds in their magazine. It was stupid and pointless.......

It's the law and has been upheld in Federal Courts.

Courts have often been wrong, like the Dredd Scott Decision, Citizen's United, the War on Drugs, etc.

I agree with the ruling since that was already established by the 9th Circuit Federal Court. But the State Law reads 15 as being the max. And that has been upheld in various courts.

It's still an infringement.

Well, that Vietnam Era M-2 still takes a special license and I doubt if I will see too many CJ-5s sporting the M-2 will be cruising the streets. Of course, it just might make the argument solution when you want to make sure that open parking spot. Unless both parties bring their Armed CJ-5.

No, it doesn't. If it's a transferable anyone who can legally own firearms can own the M2. They just have to pay a 200 tax.

And pass a background check. And prove that you have the storage and security for it. And purchase an EFA license. Anyone that is able to pass a simple Background Check to buy a 9mm pistol can probably pass that EFA background check. And running around the street with it mounted on your CJ-5 would definitely be in violation of not only federal but state laws.

There is no license dumbass. Transferable NFA weapons need no special license. I OWN machineguns. The tax pays for the background check. The time used to be a day. Then, when obummer came in the waits for transfers jumped to 6 months. No reason, just bureaucrats acting like petty assholes.

As far as running around the street with it, they are worth more than the stupid jeep. People who own those types of weapons aren't as stupid as you seem to be.

Your buyer will still have to have either a valid EFL or NFL license for automatic weapons and some forms of shotguns.

Please explain why this is so important to you to have an AR-15. We had guns in the house in leather locked bags and we shot them. I even pulled the trigger when my father sighted. He taught me to never pull a gun on any living being. I violated this teaching once, in Castroville, Texas, when I was 12 and practicing with my aunt's pistol. I shot at a spider on the back of the garage.

Explain yourself and why you would need an assault weapon.

Every government in history has always become more corrupt over time.
Every government then has had be ended by armed rebellion.
The US and almost all democratic republics were created by armed rebellions.
The current US government already is extremely corrupt and abusive, with things like the Vietnam war, the invasion of Iraq based on WMD lies, the War on Drugs, any federal gun control law, 3 Strikes law, corrupt IRS regulations, the repeal of Glass-Steagall, the growing income inequality, the military being more than half the federal budget, etc.

Gun control is not something the democrats can pass through reconciliation. It has nothing to do with revenue, spending, or the debt, which means they gotta go it the hard way by getting 60 votes and that means at least 10 GOPers have to vote for it. While we do have a couple RINOs in the Senate, I do not believe this legislation has a chance in hell. Not unless they find a way to get rid of the filibuster.

If they could pass some kind of gun control law, it will probably help the dems in the deep blue states but they weren't going to lose them anyway. But it sure as hell won't help them in Texas and many other red or purple states.

Well, that Vietnam Era M-2 still takes a special license and I doubt if I will see too many CJ-5s sporting the M-2 will be cruising the streets. Of course, it just might make the argument solution when you want to make sure that open parking spot. Unless both parties bring their Armed CJ-5.

A Barret that can only fire semi-auto doesn't need a special license.

No it doesn't. There are a few owned by private citizens. And some are shot at ranges.

No it doesn't. There are a few owned by private citizens. And some are shot at ranges.

You can buy one anytime

No, it doesn't. If it's a transferable anyone who can legally own firearms can own the M2. They just have to pay a 200 tax.

And pass a background check. And prove that you have the storage and security for it. And purchase an EFA license. Anyone that is able to pass a simple Background Check to buy a 9mm pistol can probably pass that EFA background check. And running around the street with it mounted on your CJ-5 would definitely be in violation of not only federal but state laws.

There is no license dumbass. Transferable NFA weapons need no special license. I OWN machineguns. The tax pays for the background check. The time used to be a day. Then, when obummer came in the waits for transfers jumped to 6 months. No reason, just bureaucrats acting like petty assholes.

As far as running around the street with it, they are worth more than the stupid jeep. People who own those types of weapons aren't as stupid as you seem to be.

Your buyer will still have to have either a valid EFL or NFL license for automatic weapons and some forms of shotguns.

{...

Contrary to popular belief, it is perfectly legal for a law-abiding American citizen to own/possess a machine gun (sometimes called a full-auto firearm or automatic weapon).

The absolute easiest way is for someone to get a Federal Firearms License or “FFL” (even a home-based FFL).

Depending on the type of FFL, the FFL-holder can purchase and sell machine guns, regardless of when they were made (more on this below), and they can even legally make their own machine guns or lawfully convert current firearms into full-autos. The best part about getting a machine gun as an FFL is that you can get it at dealer cost and fast.

Even without an FFL, a private citizen can still lawfully own a true machine gun if certain conditions are met. However, machine guns for non-FFLs are EXTREMELY expensive as the available supply is limited.

As an FFL, you can buy a brand new machine gun for less than $2,000 and have it transferred to you in a few days.

As a private citizen (without an FFL) you can only buy an old machine gun (over 35 years old), it’ll likely cost North of $15,000 and you’ll have to wait around a year for the transfer via an ATF Form 4.

For example, a private citizen can lawfully own a machine gun only if:

1. the possessor isn’t a “prohibited person,”
  2. the full-auto machine gun was made before 1986, and
  3. their relevant state law does not ban that the firearm (whether banning machine guns outright or any firearm with certain features).
As you can see, machine gun possession by non-FFLs is regulated based on the person (possessor), the firearm itself (when it was made), and where the firearm is possessed (which state).

...}

You can buy one anytime

Sure I can but why? But if you feel the need,report to your nearest gun shop and get your order in.

You can buy one anytime

Sure I can but why? But if you feel the need,report to your nearest gun shop and get your order in.

Fire superiority. That's why.

I've got a lot of feedback, but no explanation of why anyone needs high-powered weaponry.

You never asked why anyone would need "high-powered weaponry."

Your exact words were, "Explain yourself and why you would need an assault weapon."

First and foremost, no one needs to explain to you or anyone else why they choose to exercise any of their Constitutional Rights.

Second, my reply to your actual request was to ask you to define "assault weapon." Apparently you are unable to do that, so you chose to redefine your question.

Please explain why this is so important to you to have an AR-15. We had guns in the house in leather locked bags and we shot them. I even pulled the trigger when my father sighted. He taught me to never pull a gun on any living being. I violated this teaching once, in Castroville, Texas, when I was 12 and practicing with my aunt's pistol. I shot at a spider on the back of the garage.

Explain yourself and why you would need an assault weapon.

I need one, because I WANT it. Not that you have any business telling me what I can, and can't own.

No, they don't. Only dealers need to have a Class III license. Don't discuss things you have no clue about with people, who do.

No, they don't. Only dealers need to have a Class III license. Don't discuss things you have no clue about with people, who do.

I have a very good knowledge of the Federal Licensing since I once had one. So stop lying to everyone. You get caught selling a fully auto weapon to anyone with a Federal License and they have a 3 squares and a cot waiting for you.

I have a very good knowledge of the Federal Licensing since I once had one. So stop lying to everyone. You get caught selling a fully auto weapon to anyone with a Federal License and they have a 3 squares and a cot waiting for you.

Then why do call it everything, but what it actually is. It's not an EFL, or an NFL, it is a FFL. And, when you add an SOT, it becomes a Class III license.

You have no fucking clue what you are talking about. A Federal licensee is OBLIGATED to confiscate ANY NFA weapon that is not papered you clown.

Like I said, you have never had an FFL, and I doubt if you have ever owned a firearm in your miserable little life.

So YOU, stop lying.

Forum List

Back