Colorado baker told to bake that cake

Fifty years ago, homosexuals were recognized as "perverts." They claimed that what they did in the privacy of their own bedrooms was nobody else's business.

That evil has advanced to the point where homosexuals now parade down streets looking sick while giggling in your faces.
They molest children by the thousands and try to excuse it away. They malign priests for pedophilia when every single priest molesting boys is, by definition, homosexual. They have infected thousands of normal, decent people with AIDS and insist on keeping it secret, by government edict.

Transgenders are the newest sick invention of evil minds with universities now offering free sex conversion surgeries.

These aren't "civil rights," they're evil, calling itself "gay."

Homosexuals are unusually violent and murderous. I have a list of the most prolific mass murderers who were homosexuals, including Jeff Dahmer, Randy Kraft, John Wayne Gacey, William Bonin, Patrick Kearney, Juan Corona, and a homosexual murder ring, Corll,-Henry-Brooks, who raped and then killed 28 teenagers. They also have extremely shortened lifespans, by their own doing.
Karma is a Hillary.
You live in a terrifying world. I'm glad I don't.

You live in a terrifying world. I'm glad I don't.

Although he might be a bit over dramatic, the truth is, they are given liberties based on nothing more than the idea that they were born that way, and we must bend to their will.

The same claim can be made by people with bad tempers, rapist, murderers or any number of others.

This will not end well.

'Nigerian prince scam'!!! EEEEKKK!!! A racist!!!! Ha ha ha.
Um, you know, those are things that really happen, right?

Well, since it has no credibility, let's get down to business. Find some people you trust -- plenty of honest Leftists on this board ... suggest some names to me ... I'll check them out .. we'll pick three.
No, I'm not going to expose your stalker ass to any of my friends...

I'm sorry I hurt your little feelings by calling you out on your lies. But deal with it, Fake Hippy Doug.

You are a liar... and I'll keep making fun of you for it. .

That idiotic. If someone points a gun at you says "You have a choice, give me all your money, or give me your car" - in your twisted worldview, that's not coercion, because they're offered a "choice"? I don't think you're that stupid. Are you?

No, I couldn't possibly come up with an analogy THAT stupid. You on the other hand....

Running a business is a choice. When you run a business, there are laws you have to follow that are meant to protect THE CONSUMER. Consumer law isn't Caveat Emptor (Buyer Beware) it should be Caveat Vendor (Seller Beware). When he made a choice to open a business, and it was a choice, there were laws he has to follow. Period, full fucking stop.

Again, if he wants to be a homophobic bigot in his private life, that's his own affair.

What the hard Left want to do is to de-legitimize certain viewpoints. That is, they don't want to say, "You're wrong, you're mistaken..." -- the way the old-fashioned liberals and conservatives used to argue about welfare, or invading Iraq.

They have the 1984 approach: they want everyone to be compelled to pretend to believe what the hard Left believes, or to stay silent. And this includes 'performative' speech like backing a cake celebrating gay marriages.

Uh, no, cakes aren't speech, they're a product. No one is forcing Philips to say he's for gay marriage, just provide the same product you provide anyone else.

They've got certain contradictions, though. Muslims are one of their victim groups, but Muslims tend to be very socially conservative ... which they sometimes express in very direct ways. But the way to expose the hypocrisy of our totalitarian Left is to ask this simple question: Should a Muslim baker be forced to bake a cake celebrating Israeli Independence Day?

Not really comparable, since they don't make that kind of cake, Fake Hippy Doug. Just like I don't really have a problem with Philips refusing to bake Halloween Cakes. It's a product he doesn't offer.

But he (and your hypothetical Muslim Baker) DO offer wedding cakes. And they have to offer them to anyone who asks.

It doesn't.

Speaking for myself, I fully support equal rights under the law, including gay marriage. The government should treat everyone equally, without bias. The problem with civil rights is that they demand that everyone treat others equally (but only in a few cases described by the "protected classes").

The irony there is that, to ensure that no one is expressing the banned biases, government must treat people unequally. It's the opposite of equal rights.

Wow, this is actually... retarded. The PRIVILEGED CLASSES don't need protections.

A straight couple can get a wedding cake, no questions asked. So they don't need protections.

Dear God Baker, make the damn cake so Tranny Joe B get some sleep. He gets more annoying each and every day.

I think it’s his time of the month as well.

These laws do compel behavior. That's their fucking point. And you know it.

Yes, they compel good business practices. Thank God. Why would you want it any other way?

I want to make sure when I go into a store, the food isn't going to kill me.
I want to make sure when I buy a product, it isn't going to burn my house down.
And I want to make sure that when I ask for a service, I'm not discriminated against for who I am.

These are actually- pretty reasonable positions.

Bra on too tight Joe?
Hey, just because you picked up that he/she at the bar once, we totally believe you have a case of the not-gays.

Yes, they compel good business practices. Thank God. Why would you want it any other way?

I want to make sure when I go into a store, the food isn't going to kill me.
I want to make sure when I buy a product, it isn't going to burn my house down.
And I want to make sure that when I ask for a service, I'm not discriminated against for who I am.

These are actually- pretty reasonable positions.

Hey, just because you picked up that he/she at the bar once, we totally believe you have a case of the not-gays.

Hey Joe, that guy you hit on, wasn’t me. I know your hot for ol Norm, but you’ll just have to settle for the fantasy.

OK. So, you're admitting that what you said is wrong. I want to clear that up, because you lean on that argument a lot. And it gets old.

You claimed that as long as you have a choice, you're not being compelled:
No one is compelling the baker. He always has the option of not being a baker.
Well, if he has more than one choice, he isn't being compelled.

We've established that's false. They are being compelled. So let's start over. Why should government go around forcing the people to bake cakes? It's pretty goddamn ridiculous when you think about. Don't they have better things to do?

Last edited:
Um, you know, those are things that really happen, right?

No, I'm not going to expose your stalker ass to any of my friends...

I'm sorry I hurt your little feelings by calling you out on your lies. But deal with it, Fake Hippy Doug.

You are a liar... and I'll keep making fun of you for it. .
Ha ha ha... Got you! If I'm a liar, let's each put up our $10 000! What are you afraid of?
Can anyone else reading this think of a reason Joe won't take my money?

Yeah, I figure you to be in your 20s. Some Young REpublican douchenoodle.

Not sure why you want to create this Fake Hippy Persona.. I guess to give yourself credibility?
$10 000 guy!!!! Yours for the taking!!!! If you reallyl thought I was lying, you'd grab it!

No, I couldn't possibly come up with an analogy THAT stupid. You on the other hand....

Running a business is a choice. When you run a business, there are laws you have to follow that are meant to protect THE CONSUMER. Consumer law isn't Caveat Emptor (Buyer Beware) it should be Caveat Vendor (Seller Beware). When he made a choice to open a business, and it was a choice, there were laws he has to follow. Period, full fucking stop.

Again, if he wants to be a homophobic bigot in his private life, that's his own affair.

Uh, no, cakes aren't speech, they're a product. No one is forcing Philips to say he's for gay marriage, just provide the same product you provide anyone else.

Not really comparable, since they don't make that kind of cake, Fake Hippy Doug. Just like I don't really have a problem with Philips refusing to bake Halloween Cakes. It's a product he doesn't offer.

But he (and your hypothetical Muslim Baker) DO offer wedding cakes. And they have to offer them to anyone who asks.
Coward Joe, think of all the cakes you could buy with my $10 000!!!!!!!!
Anyone reading this who doesn't know what I'm talking about, scroll around and you'll see that I am offering Joe $10 000!!!!!!! And he's afraid to take it!!!! What's wrong with this guy??? (But look at the conditions, and it will be immediately obvious why he's turning himself inside out here. C'mon Joe, what're you afraid of????

OK. So, you're admitting that what you said is wrong. I want to clear that up, because you lean on that argument a lot. And it gets old.

Admitting nothing of the sort.

YOU CAN ALWAYS DO SOMETHING ELSE FOR A LIVING.

It compels BUSINESSES, not people.

We've established that's false. They are being compelled.
No, not really, but libertarian children are simple thinkers.

So let's start over. Why should government go around forcing the people to bake cakes? It's pretty goddamn ridiculous when you think about. Don't they have better things to do?

Nobody is forcing him to bake a cake. He can close down his business if he doesn't want to bake cakes. But once he said, "I bake cakes", he has to actually, you know, bake the cake like he said he would.

You see, if we want to live in Mad Max world, we could have the government not enforce the law. So homophobic baker can refuse to bake a cake, and gay couple can come back with their friends and burn his place to the ground. See how that works?

Oh, wait, no, you want the government to stay out of the public accommodation but totally protect property rights.

See, this is why I don't take "libertarians" seriously, they are bought and paid for by the privileged to protect privilege.

Anyone reading this who doesn't know what I'm talking about, scroll around and you'll see that I am offering Joe $10 000!!!!!!! And he's afraid to take it!!!! What's wrong with this guy??? (But look at the conditions, and it will be immediately obvious why he's turning himself inside out here. C'mon Joe, what're you afraid of????

Weird stalkers knowing where I live?

I mean, shit, if you get this bent out of shape because I called you a liar, I hate to think what you'd do if you knew where I lived. You'd probably go all Glenn Close on me.

Forum List

Back