Collins: "Can Not Believe" Democrats Won't Pass Coronavirus Relief Bill; "Is This What We've Come To?"

This is getting pathetic, folks.

Lives of Americans are on the line and our brain dead Democrats are demanding we put Postal Service debt relief, jet emmissions, solar panel manufacturing tax breaks, and several other idiotic things in to a national emergency bill to keep us working.

Now Pelosi will stonewall anything getting done for days if not weeks. The markets are melting down because they know it's going to be a continuing mess.

Even the brain dead press will not be able to defend this nonsense.

When Susan Collins is berating you on the Senate floor you're failing miserably.

You know the code of the left: never let a good crisis go to waste.

When I tell the left that the Democrats could give a shit about you when discussing the border and immigrant problems, they tell me I'm full of it. People coming into our country, raping and killing our people, feeding illegal narcotics to the weak, the Democrats just don't care, because illegals are their becoming their base.

Same thing here. We have tens of millions of people out of work, tens of millions who could be facing death if this thing gets out of control, hundreds dead already, and what are they concerned about? Windmill and solar panel credits. And if you don't give them what they want, let more Americans get sick and die, who cares? The MSM will aid them in blaming the Republicans.
Yanno, I didn't leave the soulless Dem Party (decades ago) … they left me.

How anybody can defend this, I have no idea. I guess that's why this topic is void of most leftists except Siete. Nobody wants to get into a game they lost before they hit one stroke on their keyboard. On the other hand, some are just a glutton for punishment.

It's simple ray.

The 'slush' fund
A prime case in point regarding the above is the almost visceral Democrat reaction to the distressed industries fund in the current proposal.

The proposal includes roughly $500 billion in funds for loans and loan guarantees to be doled out to distressed companies, states and localities. What it doesn't include, however, are strict guidelines as to which companies would be eligible, guarantees that any company that taps the funding pool maintains its current workforce and the ability for the treasury secretary to waive, at his discretion, any restrictions on stock buybacks for recipients. It also doesn't require any reporting of which companies took loans until six months after the fact.

The lack of oversight and significant discretion given to the part of the treasury secretary infuriated Democrats and perhaps just as importantly, their outside allies, and played a major role in unifying the caucus against the proposal on Sunday.

I'm glad the Democrats don't want another republic TARP bailout bill.

You are so full of shit and useful-idiot talking points, it's a wonder your head doesn't explode with them.

I'm still laughing at Susan Collins being the arbiter of consistent and honest, but it does seem that Munchkin has met enough of the dems' concerns to pass this beast at least in the Senate. And getting a bill this big passed in a week, after Trump said for over 8 weeks this was a Hoax, is not dallying by the dems.

It remains to be seen, though, whether Pelsoi can avoid returning to her social justice warrior ways and reign in her caucus.

No one said Collins was an arbiter of anything; but when she's right, she's right.

I like how you fool yourself that Nancy Pelosi has been or will be trying to "reign in" anyone.

I'm still laughing at Susan Collins being the arbiter of consistent and honest, but it does seem that Munchkin has met enough of the dems' concerns to pass this beast at least in the Senate. And getting a bill this big passed in a week, after Trump said for over 8 weeks this was a Hoax, is not dallying by the dems.

It remains to be seen, though, whether Pelsoi can avoid returning to her social justice warrior ways and reign in her caucus.

No one said Collins was an arbiter of anything; but when she's right, she's right.

I like how you fool yourself that Nancy Pelosi has been or will be trying to "reign in" anyone.
You silly bird, you. Read the OP, if you can.

And I posted it remained to be seen whether Pelosi will reign in her caucus.

Dems want a bill that isnt full of RW special project funding -

Can you name the RW special projects or is this pure BS?
Munchkins slush fund and not limiting corps using money for stock buy backs are the two biggest.

Stock buybacks make executives and board members wealthier...... as well as 401(k) and pensions. Somehow, Liberals can’t get past the executives and board members getting wealthier so they fuck the rank and file and make them suffer with losses.

Not to mention the fact that the bill both sides spent so much time hammering out only to have Pelosi and the Dem leadership torpedo it specifically did NOT allow for stock buybacks. That's just the talking point they sent their followers out to spread as a cover.

She is one of the straighter shooters in Congress

the Democrats are playing politics and pushing agenda driven goodies when it is time to work together

they will be punished at the polls

Big League

Sen. Susan Collins said Monday on the Senate floor that she "can not believe that the answer" to the coronavirus crisis from Senate Democrats "is delay, delay, delay. No sense of urgency."

"Never have I seen Republicans and Democrats fail to come together when confronted with a crisis."

"Is that what we’ve come to?" Collins said, criticizing Democrats over the delay.

"We don’t have another day. We don’t have another hour. We don’t have another minute to delay acting."
Thats because its a corporate slush fund, rather than helping people in communities.
One only needs to look at their history of stock buy-backs to know what will be done with the money these corporations get.

Need to make sure taxpayer dollars actually go to those who need it.

Too bad for you that people who can actually read - and made the time to do so - aren't buying the talking points you were handed.
Here is another reason:
The Republican bill would let small businesses borrow up to $10 million, and those loans would then be forgiven for any business that avoids cuts in jobs or wages. That’s a fair deal. But Republicans are proposing different rules for big businesses. Recipients of government bailouts would be required to avoid job or wage cuts only “to the extent practicable” — a loophole so large it amounts to a lack of any meaningful obligation.

And, a reminder of what a slush fund is:
A slush fund, also called a black fund, is a fund or account that is not properly accounted, such as money used for corrupt or illegal purposes, especially in the political sphere.[1] Such funds may be kept hidden and maintained separately from money that is used for legitimate purposes. Slush funds may be employed by government or corporate officials in efforts to pay influential people discreetly in return for preferential treatment, advance information (such as non-public information in financial transactions), and other services.[2] The funds themselves may not be kept secret but the source of the funds or how they were acquired or for what purposes they are used may be hidden. Use of slush funds to influence government activities may be viewed as subversive of the democratic process.

Oh, hey, look, you cut and paste a written version of your talking point lie. Gosh, THAT'LL make me believe it . . . in your dreams.

You can tell yourself that what the Dems did was justified and heroic however many times you like, but do NOT state that shit to me like a proven fact and expect me to do anything other than spit on it and call you a partisan fool.

No, the bill was for Americans. But Pelosi wants to fill it with crap. Just like she tried to put tax payer funded abortions in the first one.

As soon as Republicans agree to no stock buyback for corporations it's a done deal.

So the "done deal" depends on 1) all of us believing the same lie you swallowed, and 2) stopping something that never happened in the first place? Oh, and agreeing to massive amounts of pork and agenda-pushing by the Dems while you piss around trying to deflect. Let's not forget that.

Tell you what, Mr. "I read the bill, so I'm right", how about you cite us the exact part of the torpedoed bill that contained these fictitious stock buybacks you're using as a beard?

Democrats want unfettered bargaining power for unions. Money for solar and wind energy. Fuck the victims of corona virus. See? I told you democrats were assholes!
Repugs just want to give corporations money no strings attached so they can buy back stocks and give CEO's huge paydays. If there is a bailout, ordinary people should come first and there should be accountability for how this money is spent.

"This is what I was told to believe, and it lets me say that Republicans are bad, so it MUST be true."

She is one of the straighter shooters in Congress

the Democrats are playing politics and pushing agenda driven goodies when it is time to work together

they will be punished at the polls

Big League

Sen. Susan Collins said Monday on the Senate floor that she "can not believe that the answer" to the coronavirus crisis from Senate Democrats "is delay, delay, delay. No sense of urgency."

"Never have I seen Republicans and Democrats fail to come together when confronted with a crisis."

"Is that what we’ve come to?" Collins said, criticizing Democrats over the delay.

"We don’t have another day. We don’t have another hour. We don’t have another minute to delay acting."

These Demonicrats are the worst group of politicians in this country's history. There's really no debate.

Except this fact about ever-trumperworld.

It is only in the disastrous Trump era that we have been bludgeoned by ignorance, cruelty, incompetence and narcissism on an unprecedented scale.

Learn the difference between "fact" and "slogan I really want to believe".

Republicans Add Insult to Illness
Greed, germs and the art of no deal.
Paul Krugman
By Paul Krugman
Opinion Columnist
  • March 23, 2020, 6:24 p.m. ET

• 23krugman1-articleLarge.jpg

Mitch McConnell speaking to reporters on Sunday after a motion in the Senate to proceed on the coronavirus financial stimulus bill failed.

Mitch McConnell speaking to reporters on Sunday after a motion in the Senate to proceed on the coronavirus financial stimulus bill failed.Credit...Erin Scott for The New York Times
    If you want a quick summary of the state of play over fiscal stimulus legislation, here it is: Republicans insist that we should fight a plague with trickle-down economics and crony capitalism. Democrats, for some reason, don’t agree, and think we should focus on directly helping Americans in need.

And if legislation is stalled, as it appears to be as I write this (although things change fast when we’re on Covid time), it’s because Mitch McConnell, the Senate majority leader, is holding needy Americans hostage in an attempt to blackmail Democrats into giving Donald Trump a $500 billion slush fund.
    First, let’s talk about the nature of the economic crisis we face. At the worst point in the 2007-2009 recession, America was losing around 800,000 jobs per month. Right now, we’re probably losing several million jobs every week.

What’s causing these job losses? So far it’s not what usually happens in a recession, when businesses lay off workers because consumers aren’t spending enough. What we’re seeing instead are the effects of social distancing: restaurants, entertainment venues and many other establishments have been closed to limit the spread of the coronavirus. Now, while social distancing is currently driving employment destruction, there will eventually be a second, more conventional round of job losses as distressed families and businesses cut back on spending. So there is also a case for stimulus to sustain overall spending — although helping Americans in need will provide much of that stimulus, by also helping them continue to spend.So what’s in the stimulus bill that McConnell is trying to ram through the Senate? It grudgingly provides some, but only some, of the aid Americans in distress will need. Funny, isn’t it, how helping ordinary Americans is always framed as a “Democratic demand”? And even there the legislation includes poison pills, like a provision that would deny aid to many nonprofit institutions like nursing homes and group homes for the disabled.But it also includes a $500 billion slush fund for corporations that the Trump administration could allocate at its discretion, with essentially no oversight. This isn’t just terrible policy; it’s an insult to our intelligence
    https://www.nytimes.com/article/easy-recipes-coronavirus.html?algo=bandit-story_desk_filter&fellback=false&imp_id=975667981&imp_id=895782016&action=click&module=editorContent&pgtype=Article®ion=CompanionColumn&contentCollection=Trending

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/20/parenting/coronavirus-divorce-coparenting.html?algo=bandit-story_desk_filter&fellback=false&imp_id=119293399&imp_id=770557884&action=click&module=editorContent&pgtype=Article®ion=CompanionColumn&contentCollection=Trending

And we neither can nor should bring those jobs back until the pandemic has faded. What this tells us is that right now our highest priority isn’t job creation, it’s disaster relief: giving families and small businesses that have lost their incomes enough money to afford necessities while the shutdown lasts. Oh, and providing generous aid to hospitals, clinics and other health care providers in this time of incredible stress.

After all, it would be hard to justify giving any administration that kind of power to reward its friends and punish those it considers enemies. It’s almost inconceivable that anyone would propose giving such authority to the Trump administration.
Remember, we’ve had more than three years to watch this administration in action. We’ve seen Trump refuse to disclose anything about his financial interests, amid abundant evidence that he is profiting at the public’s expense. Trump’s trade war has been notable for the way in which favored companies somehow manage to get tariff exemptions while others are denied. And as you read this, Trump is refusing to use his authority to require production of essential medical gear.
So it would be totally out of character for this administration to allocate huge sums fairly and in the public interest.
Cronyism aside, there’s also the issue of competence. Why would you give vast discretionary power to a team that utterly botched the response to the coronavirus because Trump didn’t want to hear bad news? Why would you place economic recovery efforts in the hands of people who were assuring us just weeks ago that the virus was contained and the economy was “holding up nicely”?

Finally, we’ve just had a definitive test of the underlying premise of the McConnell slush fund — that if you give corporations money without strings attached they will use it for the benefit of workers and the economy as a whole. In 2017 Republicans rammed through a huge corporate tax cut, which they assured us would lead to higher wages and surging business investment.
Neither of these things happened; instead, corporations basically used the money to buy back their own stock. Why would this time be any different?

As I write this, Republicans are ranting that Democrats are sabotaging the economy by refusing to pass McConnell’s bill — which is a bit rich for those who remember the G.O.P.’s scorched-earth opposition to everything Barack Obama proposed. But in any case, if McConnell really wants action, he could get it easily either by dropping his demand for a Trump-controlled slush fund or by passing the stimulus bill House Democrats are likely to offer very soon.

And maybe that will happen within a few days. As I said, we’re now living on Covid time. But right now Republicans seem dead set on exploiting a crisis their own president helped create by his refusal to take the pandemic seriously.

I stopped reading at "Paul Krugman", as any sane person would.

Next time, don't even waste the space.

You silly bird, you. Read the OP, if you can.

And I posted it remained to be seen whether Pelosi will reign in her caucus.

You silly ass, you. Don't ever assume that because I think you're full of shit, that MUST mean I just didn't read and understand what you did.

And I posted that you're kidding yourself if you think she's even trying to reign in anyone.

Can you name the RW special projects or is this pure BS?
Munchkins slush fund and not limiting corps using money for stock buy backs are the two biggest.

Stock buybacks make executives and board members wealthier...... as well as 401(k) and pensions. Somehow, Liberals can’t get past the executives and board members getting wealthier so they fuck the rank and file and make them suffer with losses.

When you remind the left that their own base has trillions in retirement and pension funds invested in corporations they shit a brick.

All buybacks do is artificially increase the price of the stock. Eventually it all crashes. If you're a day trader you can do well, but as a long term investment not so good. My all-out call in February had nothing to do with the virus, but the artificial increase of the market. By the time this irresponsible asswipe is done, retirements and pension will loose at least 50%.

What an utter waste of time, for you to "helpfully" explain the obvious to us about something that isn't even an issue, aside from the fact that your leaders told you to go out and pretend it was to hide what they were planning.

On Fox just now, the host said that the two parties are close and will vote tomorrow. Hope that is not Bulll Shit.

Contrary to the bloviating idiots on here, the only issue was the stock buyback provision which asswipe was against, then he was for it, then he was against it, so who knows.

Contrary to YOUR bloviating idiocy on here, there WAS no "stock buyback" provision, nor does your frantic attempt to point fingers and deflect change the fact that the Dems were really aimed at advancing their agenda at our expense.

What is "China virus"? Is this something that we have to worry about along with the coronavirus?

It's just slang for Kung Flu.
I think that your orange whore in the White House started this craziness and the ignorant follow.

In case you haven't noticed I don't give a shit what you think. Your ugly whore Nazi Pelosi is trying to make lives more miserable to get things in the bill that has nothing to do with Kung Flu.
All because I don't follow your orange whore.

We know.

You follow the senile lecherous whore.

If you are talking about Biden, he's not. When is the republican party going to lift itself out of the sewer? Back when I was growing up, it was respectable. Now it consists only of white trash and cultheads.

When are leftists like you going to realize that your utopian dreams are not "lifting out of" anything out here in reality land? We're never going to be as ignorant and evil as you, and we're never going to give a damn about the criticism of the likes of you.

What is "China virus"? Is this something that we have to worry about along with the coronavirus?

It's just slang for Kung Flu.
I think that your orange whore in the White House started this craziness and the ignorant follow.

In case you haven't noticed I don't give a shit what you think. Your ugly whore Nazi Pelosi is trying to make lives more miserable to get things in the bill that has nothing to do with Kung Flu.
All because I don't follow your orange whore.

We know.

You follow the senile lecherous whore.

If you are talking about Biden, he's not. When is the republican party going to lift itself out of the sewer? Back when I was growing up, it was respectable. Now it consists only of white trash and cultheads.

"white trash"

What makes you so much better, Hysteria?

The possession of a functioning brain. Many of us do not run around with a gun in one hand and a bible in the other. Only the freaks do.

You possess a functioning brain? Do you keep it in a jar somewhere? Because your posts prove you're not actually using it.

Democrats will never let a crisis go to waste. Fuck Americans in the ass every time it is possible.

Democrats want unfettered bargaining power for unions. Money for solar and wind energy. Fuck the victims of corona virus. See? I told you democrats were assholes!
Repugs just want to give corporations money no strings attached so they can buy back stocks and give CEO's huge paydays. If there is a bailout, ordinary people should come first and there should be accountability for how this money is spent.

"This is what I was told to believe, and it lets me say that Republicans are bad, so it MUST be true."
What happened the last time with the Bush bankster bailout? Stock buybacks and executive bonuses. Now they want to hand over more money with no accountability? Fuck that.

What happened the last time with the Bush bankster bailout? Stock buybacks and executive bonuses. Now they want to hand over more money with no accountability? Fuck that.
What did GM dew after obamaturd bailed them out? What about Solyndra?

Forum List

Back