Collins: "Can Not Believe" Democrats Won't Pass Coronavirus Relief Bill; "Is This What We've Come To?"

Dems want a bill that isnt full of RW special project funding -

Can you name the RW special projects or is this pure BS?
Munchkins slush fund and not limiting corps using money for stock buy backs are the two biggest.

Stock buybacks make executives and board members wealthier...... as well as 401(k) and pensions. Somehow, Liberals can’t get past the executives and board members getting wealthier so they fuck the rank and file and make them suffer with losses.

When you remind the left that their own base has trillions in retirement and pension funds invested in corporations they shit a brick.

All buybacks do is artificially increase the price of the stock. Eventually it all crashes. If you're a day trader you can do well, but as a long term investment not so good. My all-out call in February had nothing to do with the virus, but the artificial increase of the market. By the time this irresponsible asswipe is done, retirements and pension will loose at least 50%.

On Fox just now, the host said that the two parties are close and will vote tomorrow. Hope that is not Bulll Shit.

Why didn't the Dems come out with their bill, minus solar panels, windmills and other pet project? They humiliated themselves at the worst possible moment. Let's see if they come to their senses and vote in favor tomorrow.

No slush fund, no stock buybacks, all a bunch of Dem lies as a setup to trying to use this crisis to ram through their agenda.
And Dems want us to send checks to minimum wage workers who will probably waste the money of booze and drugs.

Why didn't the Dems come out with their bill, minus solar panels, windmills and other pet project? They humiliated themselves at the worst possible moment. Let's see if they come to their senses and vote in favor tomorrow.
They miscalculated big time. Even the left wing media was appalled. They were not expecting to be so exposed, and as one media outlet that played their game stated, they having the Republicans over a barrel or some such. As I said, they miscalculated and lost again.

She is one of the straighter shooters in Congress

the Democrats are playing politics and pushing agenda driven goodies when it is time to work together

they will be punished at the polls

Big League

Sen. Susan Collins said Monday on the Senate floor that she "can not believe that the answer" to the coronavirus crisis from Senate Democrats "is delay, delay, delay. No sense of urgency."

"Never have I seen Republicans and Democrats fail to come together when confronted with a crisis."

"Is that what we’ve come to?" Collins said, criticizing Democrats over the delay.

"We don’t have another day. We don’t have another hour. We don’t have another minute to delay acting."
Thats because its a corporate slush fund, rather than helping people in communities.
One only needs to look at their history of stock buy-backs to know what will be done with the money these corporations get.

Need to make sure taxpayer dollars actually go to those who need it.

Too bad for you that people who can actually read - and made the time to do so - aren't buying the talking points you were handed.
Here is another reason:
The Republican bill would let small businesses borrow up to $10 million, and those loans would then be forgiven for any business that avoids cuts in jobs or wages. That’s a fair deal. But Republicans are proposing different rules for big businesses. Recipients of government bailouts would be required to avoid job or wage cuts only “to the extent practicable” — a loophole so large it amounts to a lack of any meaningful obligation.

And, a reminder of what a slush fund is:
A slush fund, also called a black fund, is a fund or account that is not properly accounted, such as money used for corrupt or illegal purposes, especially in the political sphere.[1] Such funds may be kept hidden and maintained separately from money that is used for legitimate purposes. Slush funds may be employed by government or corporate officials in efforts to pay influential people discreetly in return for preferential treatment, advance information (such as non-public information in financial transactions), and other services.[2] The funds themselves may not be kept secret but the source of the funds or how they were acquired or for what purposes they are used may be hidden. Use of slush funds to influence government activities may be viewed as subversive of the democratic process.
You want to see a slush fund, go read Pelosi’s version. That is a true slush fund.
Allocates $150 billion to supporting hospitals, local health centers and government-funded medical programs, with an additional $80 billion in low-interest loans to hospitals.
Eliminates cost-sharing for coronavirus treatments and vaccines for all patients, including the uninsured.
Addresses broader health care concerns that Democrats have pushed for months, including increasing subsidies on the individual market and creating new incentives for states to expand Medicaid.
Provides child care assistance to health care workers and emergency personnel.
Offers individual Americans $1,500 in direct deposits, and up to $7,500 for a family of five. The benefit would be available to anyone with an individual taxpayer identification number, retirees and unemployed individuals.
Would temporarily provide $600 per week to unemployed workers affected by the coronavirus. Self-employed workers, Americans whose contracts were cancelled, and new entrants to the job market would also be eligible.
Expands paid sick leave and family medical leave, as well as gives more money to food-safety benefits.
Provides $500 billion in grants and interest-free loans to small businesses.
Creates a $200 billion stabilization fund for states and $15 billion for local governments through the Community Development Block Grant program. The legislation also authorizes the Federal Reserve to purchase state and local government bonds.
Pumps nearly $60 billion into schools and universities, with $50 billion directly provided to states for school funding and nearly $10 billion to higher education institutions.
Dedicates $4 billion in grant funding to help states with upcoming elections and nationally mandates 15 days of early voting and no-excuse absentee vote-by-mail, including mailing a ballot to all registered voters in an emergency.

On Fox just now, the host said that the two parties are close and will vote tomorrow. Hope that is not Bulll Shit.

Contrary to the bloviating idiots on here, the only issue was the stock buyback provision which asswipe was against, then he was for it, then he was against it, so who knows.

What is "China virus"? Is this something that we have to worry about along with the coronavirus?

It's just slang for Kung Flu.
I think that your orange whore in the White House started this craziness and the ignorant follow.

In case you haven't noticed I don't give a shit what you think. Your ugly whore Nazi Pelosi is trying to make lives more miserable to get things in the bill that has nothing to do with Kung Flu.
All because I don't follow your orange whore.

We know.

You follow the senile lecherous whore.

What is "China virus"? Is this something that we have to worry about along with the coronavirus?

I think that your orange whore in the White House started this craziness and the ignorant follow.

I think you've got your head up your ass.

That might prevent you from getting the virus. But it makes you look stupid as a poster.

Trump didn't start anything. In fact, he should have reacted sooner.

Now that we are behind thanks to the politics of your leader Botox Pelosi, we are really in a bind.

the Democrats are playing politics and pushing agenda driven goodies when it is time to work together

Big League

Sen. Susan Collins said Monday on the Senate floor that she "can not believe that the answer" to the coronavirus crisis from Senate Democrats "is delay, delay, delay. No sense of urgency."

"Never have I seen Republicans and Democrats fail to come together when confronted with a crisis."

"Is that what we’ve come to?" Collins said, criticizing Democrats over the delay.

"We don’t have another day. We don’t have another hour. We don’t have another minute to delay acting."
Thats because its a corporate slush fund, rather than helping people in communities.
One only needs to look at their history of stock buy-backs to know what will be done with the money these corporations get.

Need to make sure taxpayer dollars actually go to those who need it.

Too bad for you that people who can actually read - and made the time to do so - aren't buying the talking points you were handed.
Here is another reason:
The Republican bill would let small businesses borrow up to $10 million, and those loans would then be forgiven for any business that avoids cuts in jobs or wages. That’s a fair deal. But Republicans are proposing different rules for big businesses. Recipients of government bailouts would be required to avoid job or wage cuts only “to the extent practicable” — a loophole so large it amounts to a lack of any meaningful obligation.

And, a reminder of what a slush fund is:
A slush fund, also called a black fund, is a fund or account that is not properly accounted, such as money used for corrupt or illegal purposes, especially in the political sphere.[1] Such funds may be kept hidden and maintained separately from money that is used for legitimate purposes. Slush funds may be employed by government or corporate officials in efforts to pay influential people discreetly in return for preferential treatment, advance information (such as non-public information in financial transactions), and other services.[2] The funds themselves may not be kept secret but the source of the funds or how they were acquired or for what purposes they are used may be hidden. Use of slush funds to influence government activities may be viewed as subversive of the democratic process.
You want to see a slush fund, go read Pelosi’s version. That is a true slush fund.
Allocates $150 billion to supporting hospitals, local health centers and government-funded medical programs, with an additional $80 billion in low-interest loans to hospitals.
They Reps also want help for hospitals.
Eliminates cost-sharing for coronavirus treatments and vaccines for all patients, including the uninsured.
Trying to push through universal care under the guise of coronavirus response.
Addresses broader health care concerns that Democrats have pushed for months, including increasing subsidies on the individual market and creating new incentives for states to expand Medicaid.
Which has nothing to do with coronavirus
Provides child care assistance to health care workers and emergency personnel.
Which Reps want temporarily.
Offers individual Americans $1,500 in direct deposits, and up to $7,500 for a family of five. The benefit would be available to anyone with an individual taxpayer identification number, retirees and unemployed individuals.
What is needed is a boost, not a a way of life.
Would temporarily provide $600 per week to unemployed workers affected by the coronavirus. Self-employed workers, Americans whose contracts were cancelled, and new entrants to the job market would also be eligible.
They need jobs they can count on. Not a payoff.

Expands paid sick leave and family medical leave, as well as gives more money to food-safety benefits.
They passed that in the first stimulus. They want to make it permanent, which many businesses cannot afford.
Provides $500 billion in grants and interest-free loans to small businesses.
Which is something the Reps want, too.

Creates a $200 billion stabilization fund for states and $15 billion for local governments through the Community Development Block Grant program. The legislation also authorizes the Federal Reserve to purchase state and local government bonds.
Which has what to do with coronavirus response.
Pumps nearly $60 billion into schools and universities, with $50 billion directly provided to states for school funding and nearly $10 billion to higher education institutions.
Which has what ro do with coronavirus response.

Dedicates $4 billion in grant funding to help states with upcoming elections and nationally mandates 15 days of early voting and no-excuse absentee vote-by-mail, including mailing a ballot to all registered voters in an emergency.
Which has what to do with coronavirus response.
Now, where are your responses to what tax credits for wind and solar panel companies have to do with coronavirus response.
Or trying to tell companies who can be on their boards or their election demands, or paying off the post office, or emissions of airplanes, or increased salary for the Supreme Court for coronavirus response. Or NOAA increased salaries for coronavirus response or funds for foreign entities. I can go on and on and on and on. If you really want to get down to the nitty gritty. I’ll be waiting once again for your response.

I'd love to see somebody kick Chuck Schumer in the balls.

The only disappointment being that it won't hurt him because he doesn't have any.

Contrary to the bloviating idiots on here, the only issue was the stock buyback provision which asswipe was against, then he was for it, then he was against it, so who knows.
Oh boy, either you are willfully blind or lying.

Oh boy, either you are blind or lying.
It's on again. 1:02 ET. Voting tomorrow. I don't lie and I am blind in only one eye.

Big League

Susan Collins is being a Republican first. I assume she has no issue with big corporations using taxpayer dollars for stock buybacks and raising CEO pay.
Um, like '08

Trump already said there would be a no stock buybacks written in legislation

I clearly see what the problem is...Fed and Treasury heads need to tell Nancy
we need $800 billion within 3 days to divert the Next Great Depression

Hey, why aren't we hearing that....hmmm

That might prevent you from getting the virus. But it makes you look stupid as a poster.

Now that we are behind thanks to the politics of your leader Botox Pelosi, we are really in a bind.

It was the orange whore who claimed that the virus was a hoax and then started this "China virus" thing. Then he put the baby whore in charge of fighting it.

It was the orange whore who claimed that the virus was a hoax and then started this "China virus" thing. Then he put the baby whore in charge of fighting it.

Your Democrats look absolutely horrible. I don't believe there's any time for them to come back from this before November and, even if they were....you still have Joe Biden at the top of your ticket

Wow.

Your Democrats look absolutely horrible. I don't believe there's any time for them to come back from this before November and, even if they were....you still have Joe Biden at the top of your ticket

Wow.

Biden is a whole lot better than the orange whore and the baby whore from Indiana. I didn't sign up to support the Democratic Party until the republican party turned into a filthy little cult mob.

Forum List

Back