Collins: "Can Not Believe" Democrats Won't Pass Coronavirus Relief Bill; "Is This What We've Come To?"

Democrats want unfettered bargaining power for unions. Money for solar and wind energy. Fuck the victims of corona virus. See? I told you democrats were assholes!
Repugs just want to give corporations money no strings attached so they can buy back stocks and give CEO's huge paydays. If there is a bailout, ordinary people should come first and there should be accountability for how this money is spent.

"This is what I was told to believe, and it lets me say that Republicans are bad, so it MUST be true."
What happened the last time with the Bush bankster bailout? Stock buybacks and executive bonuses. Now they want to hand over more money with no accountability? Fuck that.
What did GM dew after obamaturd bailed them out? What about Solyndra?
And you still want to give them more money no strings attached?

She is one of the straighter shooters in Congress

the Democrats are playing politics and pushing agenda driven goodies when it is time to work together

they will be punished at the polls

Big League

Sen. Susan Collins said Monday on the Senate floor that she "can not believe that the answer" to the coronavirus crisis from Senate Democrats "is delay, delay, delay. No sense of urgency."

"Never have I seen Republicans and Democrats fail to come together when confronted with a crisis."

"Is that what we’ve come to?" Collins said, criticizing Democrats over the delay.

"We don’t have another day. We don’t have another hour. We don’t have another minute to delay acting."
Thats because its a corporate slush fund, rather than helping people in communities.
One only needs to look at their history of stock buy-backs to know what will be done with the money these corporations get.

Need to make sure taxpayer dollars actually go to those who need it.

Too bad for you that people who can actually read - and made the time to do so - aren't buying the talking points you were handed.
Here is another reason:
The Republican bill would let small businesses borrow up to $10 million, and those loans would then be forgiven for any business that avoids cuts in jobs or wages. That’s a fair deal. But Republicans are proposing different rules for big businesses. Recipients of government bailouts would be required to avoid job or wage cuts only “to the extent practicable” — a loophole so large it amounts to a lack of any meaningful obligation.

And, a reminder of what a slush fund is:
A slush fund, also called a black fund, is a fund or account that is not properly accounted, such as money used for corrupt or illegal purposes, especially in the political sphere.[1] Such funds may be kept hidden and maintained separately from money that is used for legitimate purposes. Slush funds may be employed by government or corporate officials in efforts to pay influential people discreetly in return for preferential treatment, advance information (such as non-public information in financial transactions), and other services.[2] The funds themselves may not be kept secret but the source of the funds or how they were acquired or for what purposes they are used may be hidden. Use of slush funds to influence government activities may be viewed as subversive of the democratic process.

Oh, hey, look, you cut and paste a written version of your talking point lie. Gosh, THAT'LL make me believe it . . . in your dreams.

You can tell yourself that what the Dems did was justified and heroic however many times you like, but do NOT state that shit to me like a proven fact and expect me to do anything other than spit on it and call you a partisan fool.
Welfare for the rich will do nothing to assuage the coronavirus crash.

the Democrats are playing politics and pushing agenda driven goodies when it is time to work together

Big League

Sen. Susan Collins said Monday on the Senate floor that she "can not believe that the answer" to the coronavirus crisis from Senate Democrats "is delay, delay, delay. No sense of urgency."

"Never have I seen Republicans and Democrats fail to come together when confronted with a crisis."

"Is that what we’ve come to?" Collins said, criticizing Democrats over the delay.

"We don’t have another day. We don’t have another hour. We don’t have another minute to delay acting."
Thats because its a corporate slush fund, rather than helping people in communities.
One only needs to look at their history of stock buy-backs to know what will be done with the money these corporations get.

Too bad for you that people who can actually read - and made the time to do so - aren't buying the talking points you were handed.
Here is another reason:
The Republican bill would let small businesses borrow up to $10 million, and those loans would then be forgiven for any business that avoids cuts in jobs or wages. That’s a fair deal. But Republicans are proposing different rules for big businesses. Recipients of government bailouts would be required to avoid job or wage cuts only “to the extent practicable” — a loophole so large it amounts to a lack of any meaningful obligation.

A slush fund, also called a black fund, is a fund or account that is not properly accounted, such as money used for corrupt or illegal purposes, especially in the political sphere.[1] Such funds may be kept hidden and maintained separately from money that is used for legitimate purposes. Slush funds may be employed by government or corporate officials in efforts to pay influential people discreetly in return for preferential treatment, advance information (such as non-public information in financial transactions), and other services.[2] The funds themselves may not be kept secret but the source of the funds or how they were acquired or for what purposes they are used may be hidden. Use of slush funds to influence government activities may be viewed as subversive of the democratic process.

Oh, hey, look, you cut and paste a written version of your talking point lie. Gosh, THAT'LL make me believe it . . . in your dreams.

You can tell yourself that what the Dems did was justified and heroic however many times you like, but do NOT state that shit to me like a proven fact and expect me to do anything other than spit on it and call you a partisan fool.

Republican leaders are demanding $500 billion to distribute as Mnuchin sees fit, with no disclosure for six months, no curbs on executive compensation, no limits on shareholder giveaways, no requirements to retain workers, and no meaningful oversight mechanisms. The public would receive no share in the upside to its investment.

Good enough reason there to prevent wasting taxpayer dollars on those who dont need it.

Democrats want unfettered bargaining power for unions. Money for solar and wind energy. Fuck the victims of corona virus. See? I told you democrats were assholes!
Repugs just want to give corporations money no strings attached so they can buy back stocks and give CEO's huge paydays. If there is a bailout, ordinary people should come first and there should be accountability for how this money is spent.

"This is what I was told to believe, and it lets me say that Republicans are bad, so it MUST be true."
What happened the last time with the Bush bankster bailout? Stock buybacks and executive bonuses. Now they want to hand over more money with no accountability? Fuck that.

If they pay it back, what do you care what they do with the money? That's like the bank that gave you the auto loan telling you where you can drive the car.

The idea of helping out industry is to keep these companies going so we have jobs in the future, and a company will do whatever they can to reach that same goal. If it's stock buybacks, fine. If it's CEO raises, fine.

Don’t evade the question.

Big League

But the Democrats can come up millions to politicize the issue.

Big League

Susan Collins is being a Republican first. I assume she has no issue with big corporations using taxpayer dollars for stock buybacks and raising CEO pay.
Show me a link to where CEO's are getting a pay raise?

And you're still expecting us to take your talking points memo as fact?

Big League

Here is another reason:

Big League

Here is another reason:

Republican leaders are demanding $500 billion to distribute as Mnuchin sees fit, with no disclosure for six months, no curbs on executive compensation, no limits on shareholder giveaways, no requirements to retain workers, and no meaningful oversight mechanisms. The public would receive no share in the upside to its investment.

Good enough reason there to prevent wasting taxpayer dollars on those who dont need it.

1) No one is talking about "welfare for the rich".

2) I and millions of other Americans work for "the rich", and would very much like to not lose our jobs to this economic standstill, regardless of your kneejerk leftist envy slogans.

3) The bill that Pelosi et al. torpedoed was a bipartisan effort that they spent a long time negotiating.

4) There were actually a number of important restrictions on the money, and would have been more on any money earmarked for later down the road.

5) You can scream in "outrage" about "the Republicans' bill, the Republicans' bill!" until your face turns blue, but it's not going to mitigate or distract from Pelosi swanning in and saying, "No, we're going to use this to push for our agenda!"

6) You leftists are doing a remarkable job of proving to the nation just how useless, trivial, and ridiculous you are and have always been. Congratulations.

If they pay it back, what do you care what they do with the money? That's like the bank that gave you the auto loan telling you where you can drive the car.

The idea of helping out industry is to keep these companies going so we have jobs in the future, and a company will do whatever they can to reach that same goal. If it's stock buybacks, fine. If it's CEO raises, fine.

You'll never convince leftists that businesses are important, because they don't have jobs.

Big League

Yeah but Collins works with them most of the time. Its as if she is just now discovering the level of evil she has been enabling in the past.

Big League

Here is another reason:

Big League

Here is another reason:

2) I and millions of other Americans work for "the rich", and would very much like to not lose our jobs to this economic standstill, regardless of your kneejerk leftist envy slogans.

3) The bill that Pelosi et al. torpedoed was a bipartisan effort that they spent a long time negotiating.

4) There were actually a number of important restrictions on the money, and would have been more on any money earmarked for later down the road.

5) You can scream in "outrage" about "the Republicans' bill, the Republicans' bill!" until your face turns blue, but it's not going to mitigate or distract from Pelosi swanning in and saying, "No, we're going to use this to push for our agenda!"

6) You leftists are doing a remarkable job of proving to the nation just how useless, trivial, and ridiculous you are and have always been. Congratulations.

It's not only what they are trying to pull, but the bill is over 1,400 pages long. We both understand how much time this thing must have taken to write. In that time, Americans could have been on the path for some relief while the commies were playing politics with all this.

This whole oversight thing is a red herring. The puppet masters told them that's the reason they are rejecting the Republican proposed plan, for a smoke and mirrors operation to get their pork plan shoved down our throat. They won't get away with it, and Trump will be sure to remind voters of their feeble attempts during the presidential debate against Biden.

You'll never convince leftists that businesses are important, because they don't have jobs.

The ones on here are typical. Most are retired civil servants who spend their time making sure the taxpayers dont get off the hook for their retirement plans. Others are government employee union workers.

The Democrat version of the COVID19 emergency relief bill costs twice what Republicans had agreed to with them, that Pelosi torpedoed.
1) Same Day Voter Registration
2) Require Allowing Voting Prior to the Election
3) Fed Employee Collective Bargaining
4) Increase Fuel Emissions Standards for Airlines
5) Expansion or Wind and Solar Tax Credits
6) Corp Pay Equality & Board Diversity
7) HB-1 Extended Visas for Indian and Chinese Workers
8) Unprecedented Collective Bargaining Powers for Unions
9) Expansion of Use of Minority Banks & Credit Unions
10) Obama Phones for whoever Wants Them
What do these things have to do with this emergency COVID19 Bill for the American People???

The Democrat version of the COVID19 emergency relief bill costs twice what Republicans had agreed to with them, that Pelosi torpedoed.
What do these things have to do with this emergency COVID19 Bill for the American People???

And don't forget the $10.00 an hour minimum wage. That would surely cure a lot of people of COVID-19.

And don't forget the $10.00 an hour minimum wage. That would surely cure a lot of people of COVID-19.
Wasnt that a $15/hour minimum pay?

Big League

Yeah but Collins works with them most of the time. Its as if she is just now discovering the level of evil she has been enabling in the past.

Maybe it's harder to see when you're up close to their impersonation of human beings.

Big League

Here is another reason:

Big League

Here is another reason:

It's not only what they are trying to pull, but the bill is over 1,400 pages long. We both understand how much time this thing must have taken to write. In that time, Americans could have been on the path for some relief while the commies were playing politics with all this.

This whole oversight thing is a red herring. The puppet masters told them that's the reason they are rejecting the Republican proposed plan, for a smoke and mirrors operation to get their pork plan shoved down our throat. They won't get away with it, and Trump will be sure to remind voters of their feeble attempts during the presidential debate against Biden.

Not only could we have been on the path to some relief, but let's consider that they HAD to have been writing that thing the whole time they were playacting the negotiations with the Republicans on the other bill.

Big League

Senator Collins was equally busy getting the government shutdown ended in October 2013. She believes in hard work and COMPROMISE. No, she isn't afraid to talk to a Democrat. This Congress would be a whole lot better off if there were 99 more in there like her.

Schumer says they're on the two yard line.

What is "China virus"? Is this something that we have to worry about along with the coronavirus?

It's just slang for Kung Flu.
I think that your orange whore in the White House started this craziness and the ignorant follow.

In case you haven't noticed I don't give a shit what you think. Your ugly whore Nazi Pelosi is trying to make lives more miserable to get things in the bill that has nothing to do with Kung Flu.
All because I don't follow your orange whore.

We know.

You follow the senile lecherous whore.

If you are talking about Biden, he's not. When is the republican party going to lift itself out of the sewer? Back when I was growing up, it was respectable. Now it consists only of white trash and cultheads.

When are leftists like you going to realize that your utopian dreams are not "lifting out of" anything out here in reality land? We're never going to be as ignorant and evil as you, and we're never going to give a damn about the criticism of the likes of you.

I'm a moderate progressive. I don't know how you would define a person as being a "liberal." That's just stupid name. How am I "ignorant" and "evil?" I'm just a normal, fairly well educated suburbanite. The "evil" thing is pretty funny. Very medieval. Very culthead.

Forum List

Back