CNN Truth Squad: Did Obama destroy the economy?

Deregulation of banks allowed for the destruction of the economy.

Yep that and globalization were the 2 main factors. And both partys played a part in it.

Sub-prime mortgages caused the "destruction of the economy." Democrats have been destroying the economy for almost 100 years.

Exactly, here some truth for truthmatters and the like.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi-FZN3ZCG0]Housing Crisis And The Democrats - YouTube[/ame]

Months ago, I - in one of my less venomous and completely non partisan moments - outlined the various steps, by banks, by government, by the democrats, by the republicans, and by Wall St - that led us to where we are today.

I was completely not surprised at all to find that the majority of posters on this board completely ignored it.

Hence my assertion of the 'stupid' to be found on both sides of the political aisle. Most of y'all are more interested in what the other side did than to look honestly at the whole picture. I understand that... because looking at the whole picture is painful.... we would have to acknowledge our complicity in the clusterfuck.

The GLB act of 1999 had protection in it to keep this mess from happening.

Its why Clinton agreed to sign it.

The Bush SEC then refused to impliment those provisions of the law for years.

Can you go a whole day without blaming Bush for something ?

Do you blame him for your failed life/career too ?

Liberals always have someone else to blame for their failures

Oh now you like Tarp?

Why do you insist on using stupidity in your replies?

A more then fair question given this latest response of yours.

Aww cant answer without going against what you have said for years huh?

You railed against tarp and now you say it saved us?

What Ive said for years?

then post up pussy. All of my remarks are here.

Face it you were caught lying again. A daily habit with you.

The verdict:

False. The Obama administration's much-criticized efforts to revive the economy may not have lived up to their billing, but statistics show the bulk of the damage was done before he was sworn in.

Say it with me now...."Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh"

CNN Truth Squad: Did Obama destroy the economy? - CNN.com

Well DUH--everyone knows that this economy was in the tank when he took office-BUT Obama has made it much WORSE with his flood the basement economic policies.

Obama is in way over his head. He is all over the board--and he and his economic advisors--most of whom have never worked a day in the private sector have tried to micro-manage this economy with road and bridge work. Borrowing and spend 1 trillion dollars to do so--that has turned out to be a complete disaster. ZERO job growth in August 2011. Obama promised 2-1/2 years ago that the stimulus bill would create millions of private sector jobs--and keep unemployment from rising above 8.2%.

And what's Obama doing today? Running around the county--campaigning on passing round 2 of the same failed policy.

EVEN DEMOCRATS are no longer supporting him. Obama knew that his jobs bill would be dead on arrival in the house. Not one single democrat has introduced this bill to the house--and Harry Reid has tabled it--because he has other things to do---:cuckoo:

Bill Clinton has thrown Obama under the bus on his new jobs plan--stating now is not the time--to raise anyone's taxes or INCREASE or add new spending to the federal budget.

$BO economic policies.jpg

Last edited:
Wall St destroyed the economy. Wall Street OWNS our politicians. The only way to "fix" the problem once and for all is public financing of elections. Stop letting other people pay for your representative.

The only truth on this is easily seen...as visible as the monitor in front of you:
Every one of those questions are Democrat talking points - all of them.

So....you are disputing the facts presented?

No.
I am pointing out that it is interesting that every question here - all of them - are favorable to Democrat opinion.

Let's imagine that Fox has a "truth" page...and equally as this page, all of them were factual. However every single one of them were favorable to Republican opinion.
Somehow...I don't think you would have posted a thread about it.

Point - you can have every single fact lined up all in order...but still be completely wrong as long as you only present one-sided "facts".

Duh...blaming Obama for the economy is like blaming your hangover on the guy cleaning up your puke and making you breakfast.

That's not an accurate anaolgy.

Blaming Obama for the economy is like blaming the guy you hired you clean up your puke and make your breakfast for not having cleaned up your puke and made your breakfast at any time during the three years that you've been payig him to clean up your puke and make you breakfast.

Are you getting tired, at all tired, of stepping over your puke and not getting breakfast yet?

By now, allot of guys would have forgotten the hangover, the party, the bartender and the drinks and might be focusing on the puke that's still in the middle of the floor and the breakfast that still has not been made.

Some might even be asking, "If I hired this joker to clean up my puke and make me breakfast and it's been three years and the puke's not cleaned up and he never makes me breakfast, I wonder what the hell he's been doing..."

Last edited:
Why do you insist on using stupidity in your replies?

A more then fair question given this latest response of yours.

What Ive said for years?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/congress/177703-selling-short-on-wall-street.html#post3925339

My appologies , You did not rail against tarp.

you did seem to dislike it though and claimed it was an Obama thing at one point.

Do you think tarp was good or bad?

You have stated it worked so Im assuming you thought it was a good thing.

The banks are still pretty well regulated. The easing of the rules and the demands from government that lenders lend to to everyone who cannot afford to pay back the money is what led to the destruction of the economy.

Every bank operations center in the country has multiple people who do nothing else than assure that they are in compliance with the regulations under which they must operate.

The verdict:

The verdict is you're a clueless moron. No one says he "destroyed" the economy. He made a bad situation worse with horrible policies. If you'd read any of the discussion on the board we fiscal conservatives have argued that W was horrible and what Obama did was accelerate his horrible policies.

That you can't argue what people actually argue and have to argue fantasies that no one is arguing is yet another demonstration your ideology is devoid of logic or common sense and is supported by a dearth of empirical data.

Hey guys, I'm going to slam an argument no one's saying. Yes, you did. Wow. If anyone had argued that you'd have slammed them...

Last edited:

The banks are still pretty well regulated. The easing of the rules and the demands from government that lenders lend to to everyone who cannot afford to pay back the money is what led to the destruction of the economy.

Every bank operations center in the country has multiple people who do nothing else than assure that they are in compliance with the regulations under which they must operate.

if the Glass Steagall Act hadn't been repealed, this mess wouldn't have happened. The repeal was a necessary but not sufficient condition for the meltdown.

What Ive said for years?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/congress/177703-selling-short-on-wall-street.html#post3925339

My appologies , You did not rail against tarp.

you did seem to dislike it though and claimed it was an Obama thing at one point.

Do you think tarp was good or bad?

You have stated it worked so Im assuming you thought it was a good thing.

You are still confused. You are now trying to back down from one lie by telling another.

Yep that and globalization. And both partys played a part in it.

exactly. perfectly stated.

i think i'd lay the larger part of the blame on deregulation of banks and the last administration's refusal to fund oversight and discouragement of real enforcement.

that said, there were a lot of factors which led to the current situation. it is silly to choose any one and say it is THE cause.

what we do know is anyone who says this administration CAUSED our financial problems is a liar.

did the admin fix iit quickly enough? not to most of our liking. the why's of that can be debated. i have my own feelings about it. no doubt others will disagree.

What we should of learned, IMO, is that lassiez faire capitalism isn't the answer. The New Right has made an absurd argument that too much regulation is the cause of our economic woes and each candidate for the GOP nomination says as much.

We must learn from history, and the panics of the past. Sadly, those who lean right spend a good deal of their time revising history to advance an ideology which has proven to create booms and busts.

exactly. perfectly stated.

i think i'd lay the larger part of the blame on deregulation of banks and the last administration's refusal to fund oversight and discouragement of real enforcement.

that said, there were a lot of factors which led to the current situation. it is silly to choose any one and say it is THE cause.

what we do know is anyone who says this administration CAUSED our financial problems is a liar.

did the admin fix iit quickly enough? not to most of our liking. the why's of that can be debated. i have my own feelings about it. no doubt others will disagree.

What we should of learned, IMO, is that lassiez faire capitalism isn't the answer. The New Right has made an absurd argument that too much regulation is the cause of our economic woes and each candidate for the GOP nomination says as much.

We must learn from history, and the panics of the past. Sadly, those who lean right spend a good deal of their time revising history to advance an ideology which has proven to create booms and busts.

shutting down industries is lazzaire faire capatalism. Continual government manipulation of markets is lazzaire faire?

iT SEEMS TO ME IT IS YOU ATTEMPTING A REWRITE.

Duh...blaming Obama for the economy is like blaming your hangover on the guy cleaning up your puke and making you breakfast.

Actually Obama's the guy who tried to clean up your hangover puke and puked in it again

New Topics

Forum List

Back