CNN Truth Squad: Did Obama destroy the economy?

The GLB act of 1999 had protection in it to keep this mess from happening.

Its why Clinton agreed to sign it.

The Bush SEC then refused to impliment those provisions of the law for years.

The verdict:

False. The Obama administration's much-criticized efforts to revive the economy may not have lived up to their billing, but statistics show the bulk of the damage was done before he was sworn in.

Say it with me now...."Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh"

CNN Truth Squad: Did Obama destroy the economy? - CNN.com

The bureau found the recession officially ended in June 2009, five months after Obama took office.

And before a single stimulus dollar went out.

Meaning democrats suck big time. It was over and you guys still did nothing but waste money,.

Umm TARP was stimulus, and Bush ahd a stimulus effort or two before that.

The technical recession is over but the functional one continues for approx another decade.

Yep that and globalization. And both partys played a part in it.

exactly. perfectly stated.

i think i'd lay the larger part of the blame on deregulation of banks and the last administration's refusal to fund oversight and discouragement of real enforcement.

that said, there were a lot of factors which led to the current situation. it is silly to choose any one and say it is THE cause.

what we do know is anyone who says this administration CAUSED our financial problems is a liar.

did the admin fix iit quickly enough? not to most of our liking. the why's of that can be debated. i have my own feelings about it. no doubt others will disagree.
obama hasn't caused the current situation. He just looks silly because he spent all this money and the unemployment rate is higher now than when he took office. think of all the "shovel ready" projects...
what if we had a "new new deal"? What your party needed was another FDR and you didn't get it.

The GLB act of 1999 had protection in it to keep this mess from happening.

Its why Clinton agreed to sign it.

The Bush SEC then refused to impliment those provisions of the law for years.

Can you go a whole day without blaming Bush for something ?

Do you blame him for your failed life/career too ?

History of US Economic Recessions

The worst recession since the Depression. The economy shrank in five quarters, including four quarters in a row. Two quarters shrank more than 5%, and Q2 2008 shrank a whopping 8.9%, more than any other recession since the Great Depression. The recession ended in Q3 2009, when GDP turned positive, thanks to economic stimulus spending. The recession was also the longest since the Depression, lasting 18 months.

•Q1 -1.8%(-.7%)
•Q2 1.3% (1.5%)
•Q3 -3.7% (-2.7%)
•Q4 -8.9% (-5.4%)
•Q1 -6.7% (-6.4%)
•Q2 -.7% (-.7%)

Last edited:

The bureau found the recession officially ended in June 2009, five months after Obama took office.

Meaning democrats suck big time. It was over and you guys still did nothing but waste money,.

The technical recession is over but the functional one continues for approx another decade.

First Tarp was started by GW and second the stimulus bill was not part of tarp.

But thanks anyway....................

The verdict:

False. The Obama administration's much-criticized efforts to revive the economy may not have lived up to their billing, but statistics show the bulk of the damage was done before he was sworn in.

Absolutely true.

However, the responses by the Obama administration have been very poor.

Which is why I probably won't be supporting him next year.

Oh now you like Tarp?

The verdict:

Absolutely true.

However, the responses by the Obama administration have been very poor.

Which is why I probably won't be supporting him next year.

And you will vote for who?

While it was heading south due to Bush policies, Obama still got into office and double down on failed policies, so instead of him coming into office and passing policies that could have turned it around, he came in and passed policies that made it worse. He is just as much at fault if not more, no matter what CNN says. CNN and Msnbc and the like have been in the bag of Obama since day 1, do you think in an election year they are not going to throw false truths out to help him?

Deregulation of banks allowed for the destruction of the economy.

Yep that and globalization were the 2 main factors. And both partys played a part in it.

Sub-prime mortgages caused the "destruction of the economy." Democrats have been destroying the economy for almost 100 years.

So you seem to think the republicans want a monarchy too?

which party do you think can deliver a Monarchy like you want to see here?

Oh now you like Tarp?

Why do you insist on using stupidity in your replies?

A more then fair question given this latest response of yours.

While it was heading south due to Bush policies, Obama still got into office and double down on failed policies, so instead of him coming into office and passing policies that could have turned it around, he came in and passed policies that made it worse. He is just as much at fault if not more, no matter what CNN says. CNN and Msnbc and the like have been in the bag of Obama since day 1, do you think in an election year they are not going to throw false truths out to help him?

That is not what the numbers say

That is not what the numbers say

9.2 unemployment disagrees....................................

New Topics

Forum List

Back