CNN refuses to show France's Charlie Hebdo magazine cover

Little-Acorn

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2006
San Diego, CA
CNN has refused to show the new cover of France's Charlie Hebdo magazine, which displays a cartoon depicting Mohammed with a shirt reading "Je Suis Charlie". A publishing run of up to 3 million copies is expected, in defiance of the mass murders of their staff last week by Islamic extremists.

CNN cited a concern over "sensitivity of Muslim audiences".

However, CNN had no problem showing a picture of a sculpture called "Piss Christ" - a figure of Christ on the cross, submerged in human urine. The fact that it offended millions of Christians all over the world, apparently did not concern the editors at CNN, unlike a picture of a cartoon depicting Mohammed.

The picture of "Piss Christ" can still be found on CNN's website, at 10 works of art that shocked the world - CNN.com .

It is clear that CNN isn't actually worried about the "sensitivity of" religious audiences... unless that religion threatens to kill them. Then they kowtow and roll over, doing what the mass murderers want obediently.

Or perhaps they are merely "sensitive" toward Islam alone, while not interested in other religions.

635566811767752862-AFP-536711811.jpg

----------------------------------------------------

Charlie Hebdo puts Mohammed on its new cover - Jan. 12 2015

Charlie Hebdo puts Mohammed on its new cover

by Brian Stelter
January 13, 2015: 11:20 AM ET

PARIS (CNNMoney)

In a show of defiance, the surviving staff of Charlie Hebdo has placed a cartoon of the Prophet Mohammed on the cover of its first issue since the terrorist attack at its offices last week.

Chosen by Charlie Hebdo's editors on Monday night, the cover was quickly revealed by Liberation, the French newspaper that is sharing its office space with staffers from the satirical magazine. A wide swath of French media outlets have already republished the cover in a show of solidarity.

The chosen cartoon shows Mohammed holding up a sign that says "Je Suis Charlie," the now-famous slogan that became a rallying cry after 12 people were killed at the magazine's offices on January 7.

(snip)

Many major news organizations, including CNN, generally refrain from showing images that purport to show the prophet. In recent days, executives at CNN have cited concerns about the safety of staff members and sensitivity towards Muslim audiences

Last edited:
CNN has refused to show the new cover of France's Charlie Hebdo magazine, which displays a cartoon depicting Mohammed with a shirt reading "Je Suis Charlie". A publishing run of up to 3 million copies is expected, in defiance of the mass murders of their staff last week by Islamic extremists.

However, CNN had no problem showing a picture of a sculpture called "Piss Christ" - a figure of Crist on the cross, submerged in human urine. The fact that it offended millions of Christians all over the world, apparently did not concern the editors at CNN, unlike a picture of a cartoon depicting Mohammed.

The picture of "Piss Christ" can still be found on CNN's website, at 10 works of art that shocked the world - CNN.com .

It is clear that CNN isn't actually worried about the "sensitivity of" religious audiences... unless that religion threatens to kill them. Then they kowtow and roll over, doing what the mass murderers want obediently.

Or perhaps they are merely "sensitive" toward Islam alone, while not interested in other religions.

by Brian Stelter

PARIS (CNNMoney)

In a show of defiance, the surviving staff of Charlie Hebdo has placed a cartoon of the Prophet Mohammed on the cover of its first issue since the terrorist attack at its offices last week.

Chosen by Charlie Hebdo's editors on Monday night, the cover was quickly revealed by Liberation, the French newspaper that is sharing its office space with staffers from the satirical magazine. A wide swath of French media outlets have already republished the cover in a show of solidarity.

The chosen cartoon shows Mohammed holding up a sign that says "Je Suis Charlie," the now-famous slogan that became a rallying cry after 12 people were killed at the magazine's offices on January 7.

(snip)

Many major news organizations, including CNN, generally refrain from showing images that purport to show the prophet. In recent days, executives at CNN have cited concerns about the safety of staff members and sensitivity towards Muslim audiences
Basically they are saying that Muslims are emotional killers and I'm really surprised that you aren't on their side.

That cartoon is actually a good one. Pure satire that makes a point without showing Mo getting fucked up the ass or some other juvie idiocy.

However, CNN had no problem showing a picture of a sculpture called "Piss Christ" - a figure of Christ on the cross, submerged in human urine. The fact that it offended millions of Christians all over the world, apparently did not concern the editors at CNN, unlike a picture of a cartoon depicting Mohammed.

by Brian Stelter

PARIS (CNNMoney)

(snip)

Piss Christ was vandalized by some reactionary Christians, in Paris of all places. Carry on.

Basically they are saying that Muslims are emotional killers and I'm really surprised that you aren't on their side.

That cartoon is actually a good one. Pure satire that makes a point without showing Mo getting fucked up the ass or some other juvie idiocy.
Basically they kissed up... CNN cited a concern over "sensitivity of Muslim audiences".

If they cited concern over "the strong possibility some Mulsims might will kill someone over the picture" I would agree.

Basically they kissed up... CNN cited a concern over "sensitivity of Muslim audiences".

If they cited concern over "the strong possibility some Mulsims might will kill someone over the picture" I would agree.

it's a bit craven----but it will pass

Actually, there were Muslims in Paris who were holding "I am a Jew" signs in solidarity with the slain.

Read the article. That's pretty much what they said.

The airwaves have been filled with Muslims condemning these attacks.

I do not watch Fox News. Have they aired any Muslims condemning these attacks? Or are they going to wait a few months and do the same shit they always do; ask their rube audience, "Where are the Muslims condemning these attacks?" Or maybe they will go out and find some shithead Muslim with radical views and see if they can get him to say something inflammatory, with the implication that is how a majority of Muslims think.

The ones condemning these acts are everywhere. You know...if you LOOK.

Muslim Leaders Speak Out Against Paris Attack

I do not watch Fox News. Have they aired any Muslims condemning these attacks? Or are they going to wait a few months and do the same shit they always do; ask their rube audience, "Where are the Muslims condemning these attacks?" Or maybe they will go out and find some shithead Muslim with radical views and see if they can get him to say something inflammatory, with the implication that is how a majority of Muslims think.

FOX didn't wait a couple of months. They've been saying where are the muslims condemning this act since it happened.

Which is why I dont understand why people are saying its brave to print it. CNN has a lot of overseas people on the air and its a target.

No it shouldnt be one but reality dont care

Muslim Community In France Mourns Mass Shooting Victims

MESSAOUDENE: Well, yesterday there was a huge gathering in front of La Tutelaire de Saint-Denis (ph). Muslims are of course upset and sad about what happened. This doesn't deal with religion. This has nothing to do with Islam. This is a crime.

MESSAOUDENE: I'm not comfortable with the idea that we have to ask the Muslim people to prove that they are condemning what happened, to prove that they are against violence, to prove that they are for democracy. We don't - I don't have to apologize for what happened two days ago. For me, the two killers that killed 12 people two days ago are not Muslim.

MESSAOUDENE: No, for me, they are not Muslim. You can't kill someone in the name of Islam or in the name of any other religion. So they are not Muslims. These are fanatics. And we don't have to put all the Muslims in the same bag.

FOX didn't wait a couple of months. They've been saying where are the muslims condemning this act since it happened.
That figures.

Willfully blind and stupid monkeys.
el1tae.jpg

Where are the ragheads condeming these acts?

Its the same tactic they use on blacks. Ask where are the people who are condemning while ignoring every person who condemns it

What does any of that have to do with CNN not showing the cover of the Charlie Hebdo magazine?

The New York Times refused to print this picture:

elian2.gif

Which is why I dont understand why people are saying its brave to print it. CNN has a lot of overseas people on the air and its a target.

No it shouldnt be one but reality dont care

Just admit that the jihadists have won and walk away.

Forum List

Back