CNN has reported Project Veritas founder James O'Keefe to police

Do they have any evidence of a crime?

Recording a call is perfectly legal in Georgia.

It was a private conversation, held out of the public view, and O'Keefe would have had to have the permission of all the parties involved for it to be legal. He is toast.
Wrong again!

Open meeting where anyone could attend by calling in. They had the permission of an authroized participant to listen in. CNN can eat the shit they have been spreading...
This is making no sense to me. If it was an open meeting that anyone, including you and I, could join, why is O Keefe going on as if he's got some big secret to spill? And obviously O'Keefe wasn't authorized or Zuckerberg would have known O'Keefe was listening and recording the conferences all those months. Nice try of submitting a defense for trespassing and who knows what else, but you ought to stick to your day job. I think your legal skills are a little weak.

From the article in the OP,

The calls O'Keefe had been listening to over two months are the network's daily 9am editorial meeting with senior staff from CNN's main bureaus,

A private business meeting. O'Keefe would have had to have EVERYONE"S permission to legally tape those calls per Georgia law.

Depends on where he is listening from. State laws vary. And, if he was invited to listen in, as seems likely, then the clinton news network hasn't got a leg to stand on.
maybe. lots of "ifs" here. but i do know i am told if i ever record anything, say so. if people are attending from multiple states then you pretty much need to in order to be compliant.

we'll see. to be honest, i have no idea but i'd say he's borderline to guilty. i am invited to meetings all the time but i can't record them usually. if he used a 3rd party program to get around that, potential issue.

if he broke laws, prosecute. if not, move on. i simply don't know enough to talk more than theory here.

Georgia's wire-tapping law is one party consent. No need for consent to record...

It's about time this purveyor of fake news and made up stories gets his ass handed to him...with prejudice.
And I'm not sure what's so scandalous about any of this?
It just shows the utter hypocrisy of the authoritarian left who have always protected and venerated whistle
blowers....until they are the ones being exposed.

No surprise for most people who know the double standard the left operates on.

It is stupid as hell to claim O'Keefe, or some inside person he might gotten access through is a whistleblower. A whistleblower is someone who uncovers a person or organization involved in illegal activities. Last I check there is no damn requirement for news sources to be unbiased. Hell, if there was you right wing nutcases would not have any place to get your news.
oh stop prancing around as if the left is unbiased. there are very very very few unbiased sources out there for either side. pretending you live in disney land while others live in a trailer park is bullshit.

It's about time this purveyor of fake news and made up stories gets his ass handed to him...with prejudice.
It just shows the utter hypocrisy of the authoritarian left who have always protected and venerated whistle

It is stupid as hell to claim O'Keefe, or some inside person he might gotten access through is a whistleblower. A whistleblower is someone who uncovers a person or organization involved in illegal activities. Last I check there is no damn requirement for news sources to be unbiased. Hell, if there was you right wing nutcases would not have any place to get your news.
Yeah, I'd love to hear a Newsmax editorial meeting. Well, actually I wouldn't but you know what I mean.

And yet, here you are, crying over an election that is finished, in which Biden won decisively. Covid 45 lost, champ. Get over it.
If it's over why hasn't the electoral college certified Corrupt Joe as the president?

Clearly you are too ignorant or too dishonest to know/admit the truth.
The electoral college doesn’t vote until January 6

Georgia's wire-tapping law is one party consent. No need for consent to record...
if someone was in the meeting from another state, we now revert to 2 party to be safe.

but we'll see what the lawyers say.

if someone was in the meeting from another state, we now revert to 2 party to be safe.

Why would a person in Georgia revert to anything but to the law in the state?

Don't call outside of your state if you want your laws...

It was a private conversation, held out of the public view, and O'Keefe would have had to have the permission of all the parties involved for it to be legal. He is toast.
Wrong again!

Open meeting where anyone could attend by calling in. They had the permission of an authroized participant to listen in. CNN can eat the shit they have been spreading...
This is making no sense to me. If it was an open meeting that anyone, including you and I, could join, why is O Keefe going on as if he's got some big secret to spill? And obviously O'Keefe wasn't authorized or Zuckerberg would have known O'Keefe was listening and recording the conferences all those months. Nice try of submitting a defense for trespassing and who knows what else, but you ought to stick to your day job. I think your legal skills are a little weak.

The calls O'Keefe had been listening to over two months are the network's daily 9am editorial meeting with senior staff from CNN's main bureaus,

A private business meeting. O'Keefe would have had to have EVERYONE"S permission to legally tape those calls per Georgia law.

O'Keefe would have had to have EVERYONE"S permission to legally tape those calls per Georgia law.

1606944373914.png

New York is a one party state.

1606944439072.png

It Takes Two to Tango: Changes to New York’s Call Recording Laws - Mac Murray & Shuster LLP (mslawgroup.com)

Why would a person in Georgia revert to anything but to the law in the state?

Don't call outside of your state if you want your laws...
IF this is a zoom conference meeting participants could be from all over. again, don't know full details as those seem to change as we discuss it. :)

Predictably, the Leftists in this thread are smearing O’Keefe and crying like banshees for the police to do something. What they are not doing is showing how the Zucker comments and directives are false or manipulated. Why? Because Zucker says enough to hang himself and CNN.

Cat is out of the bag and CNN is a proven lapdog for the Democrat Party.

It is stupid as hell to claim O'Keefe, or some inside person he might gotten access through is a whistleblower.

He's a journalist.

Predictably, the Leftists in this thread are smearing O’Keefe and crying like banshees for the police to do something. What they are not doing is showing how the Zucker comments and directives are false or manipulated. Why? Because Zucker says enough to hang himself and CNN.

Cat is out of the bag and CNN is a proven lapdog for the Democrat Party.
is this new? CNN Dem lapdog?

This thread is crazy.
CNN and the other Democrat Media outlets are assisting in a coup attempt by the Democrat Party.
Some of the folks that I am fairly certain are on the good side are debating if all the I's are dotted and the T's are crossed
O'Keefe is an investigative journalist.
They push boundaries for the greater good.
Forget webb security, we are about a month away from finding out if CNN and the other co-conspirators have security in place to keep out the armed masses, if this coup doesn't get put down before that.

It is stupid as hell to claim O'Keefe, or some inside person he might gotten access through is a whistleblower.

He's a journalist.

I don't give a rat's ass if he is a holy angel sent to earth by God. A whistleblower, by definition, uncovers illegal activities. You don't get whistleblower protection by uncovering a biased news agency, and journalists don't get a free pass to print information gathered illegally.

Transparency is obviously NOT something CNN supports....

As my momma used to say, 'Never say anything about anyone in private you would not want to say to them to their face'....
I ave no problem with what the Cnn guy said.... It's discussed openly on their channel and other news stations amongst each other.... how to handle a prolific liar type of thing.....
Yeah, big whoop, actually.
These are the same fake news drones who defend the "defund the police" movement. He "spied on them" when he dialed in to a conference.

'Suppression media!': Trump slams CNN over boss Jeff Zucker's hacked conference calls in which he tells staff not to 'normalize Trump's erratic behavior' - as network reports Project Veritas to cops for 'spying on them'
I don't think it was just dialing in to the meeting, Bripat. I use Zoom most every day for conferences, meetings, and for classes I initiate. They all show who else is in the Zoom; uninvited guests are easily booted off. Only the host can give a participant permission to record, and Zuckerberg obviously wouldn't have given it to O'Keefe. So the correct wording here is HACKED. Which last I knew was illegal.

So uninformed
He was invited in and given the dial in number
By a (wait for it) whistleblower.
then it's not hacking if someone FW'd the invite to him. the invite may or may not include the password for ease of meeting entry. but again, once there, a participant can't record someone elses meeting UNLESS the admin of the meeting set the option to allow it. maybe he recorded it with an external device and not local.

who knows. but it still seems like a ton of risk to prove something everyone already knows.
Democrats don't know how to run a secure teleconference...surprise, surprise. Another 'hot mic' incident, and liberals are pissed they got caught.....again.

:p
No, the default is that only the host can record. In order for anyone else to record, the host has to make that person a co- host, and that doesn't happen accidentally.
You can record simply by using an app that records what's on your screen.
Well that would defeat security for any online meeting, so I doubt if that's true.
it's true.

Wow! I just googled it too! So there is no such thing as a secure meeting on the net. Good to know!
It's only as secure as the people you give the connection info to can be trusted.
Yeah, to me that is much more surprising than anything Zuckerberg said.

Do you know how much copyrighted material is on the net? You are supposed to pay for these trainings and even college courses. And anyone who has paid can copy it and share it with friends for free.
That's not as easy as it sounds. The stuff you pay for often can't be copied. You can only view it at the source.

Wrong again!

O'Keefe would have had to have EVERYONE"S permission to legally tape those calls per Georgia law.

View attachment 424375

View attachment 424376

It Takes Two to Tango: Changes to New York’s Call Recording Laws - Mac Murray & Shuster LLP (mslawgroup.com)

CNN is based out of Atlanta

He's a journalist.

I don't give a rat's ass if he is a holy angel sent to earth by God. A whistleblower, by definition, uncovers illegal activities. You don't get whistleblower protection by uncovering a biased news agency, and journalists don't get a free pass to print information gathered illegally.
What's illegal about it?

Wrong again!

View attachment 424375

View attachment 424376

CNN is based out of Atlanta

O'Keefe is based in New York.

These are the same fake news drones who defend the "defund the police" movement. He "spied on them" when he dialed in to a conference.

'Suppression media!': Trump slams CNN over boss Jeff Zucker's hacked conference calls in which he tells staff not to 'normalize Trump's erratic behavior' - as network reports Project Veritas to cops for 'spying on them'
I don't think it was just dialing in to the meeting, Bripat. I use Zoom most every day for conferences, meetings, and for classes I initiate. They all show who else is in the Zoom; uninvited guests are easily booted off. Only the host can give a participant permission to record, and Zuckerberg obviously wouldn't have given it to O'Keefe. So the correct wording here is HACKED. Which last I knew was illegal.
Veritas had an insider. Nothing illegal about it.

All the sudden libnuts hate whistleblowers

Last edited:

Forum List

Back