CNN has reported Project Veritas founder James O'Keefe to police

Who the fawk cares where O'Keefe is based. Seriously, do you not know anything about the law?

You don't care about New York law? LOL!

Jurisdiction is determined by where the meeting originated, not where the asshole that secretly taped it is based. I mean damn, you are better than this. Think about it, maybe he could have taped it from Somalia, would that mean the laws of Somalia would apply instead of the laws of Georgia. Damn, but the stupid here is beyond belief.

Jurisdiction is determined by where the meeting originated,

Jurisdiction is determined by where the parties are.

Think about it, maybe he could have taped it from New York, would that mean the laws of New York would apply instead of the laws of Georgia?

Yes.

Damn, but the stupid here is beyond belief.

Don't be so hard on yourself.

Who the fawk cares where O'Keefe is based. Seriously, do you not know anything about the law?

Jurisdiction is determined by where the meeting originated, not where the asshole that secretly taped it is based. I mean damn, you are better than this. Think about it, maybe he could have taped it from Somalia, would that mean the laws of Somalia would apply instead of the laws of Georgia. Damn, but the stupid here is beyond belief.

Jurisdiction is determined by where the meeting originated, not where the asshole that secretly taped it is based.

Ok.

1606952235527.png

Georgia’s Video Recording Laws (chancoschiffer.com)

Jurisdiction is determined by where the meeting originated, not where the asshole that secretly taped it is based.

Ok.

View attachment 424409
It looks like Zucker is screwed.

These are the same fake news drones who defend the "defund the police" movement. He "spied on them" when he dialed in to a conference.

'Suppression media!': Trump slams CNN over boss Jeff Zucker's hacked conference calls in which he tells staff not to 'normalize Trump's erratic behavior' - as network reports Project Veritas to cops for 'spying on them'
I don't think it was just dialing in to the meeting, Bripat. I use Zoom most every day for conferences, meetings, and for classes I initiate. They all show who else is in the Zoom; uninvited guests are easily booted off. Only the host can give a participant permission to record, and Zuckerberg obviously wouldn't have given it to O'Keefe. So the correct wording here is HACKED. Which last I knew was illegal.

So uninformed
He was invited in and given the dial in number
By a (wait for it) whistleblower.
then it's not hacking if someone FW'd the invite to him. the invite may or may not include the password for ease of meeting entry. but again, once there, a participant can't record someone elses meeting UNLESS the admin of the meeting set the option to allow it. maybe he recorded it with an external device and not local.

who knows. but it still seems like a ton of risk to prove something everyone already knows.
Democrats don't know how to run a secure teleconference...surprise, surprise. Another 'hot mic' incident, and liberals are pissed they got caught.....again.

:p
No, the default is that only the host can record. In order for anyone else to record, the host has to make that person a co- host, and that doesn't happen accidentally.
You can record simply by using an app that records what's on your screen.
you still would need to notify the participants as far as i know. in multi-region meetings you usually must assume 2 party consent and ask for permission.

Nope. If the person recording is in a one-party state, the other participants to the call do not need to be notified and consent, even if they are in two party States. At least that's the law in Mississippi, Kansas, and other one-party states that I have litigated cases involving this very issue.

Jurisdiction is determined by where the meeting originated,

Jurisdiction is determined by where the parties are.

Think about it, maybe he could have taped it from New York, would that mean the laws of New York would apply instead of the laws of Georgia?

Yes.

Damn, but the stupid here is beyond belief.

Don't be so hard on yourself.

Wow, you just dropped to the bottom of my respect list. Federal law requires at least one party consent. Sorry, but O'Keefe doesn't even qualify as a party. He did not participate. New York law also requires one party consent. Tell me, what party consented to the recording of the conversation. Georgia, as I have stated, is a one party consent law, tell me what party consented to the recording. And please, don't be stupid and give me the whistleblower bullshit. Whistleblowers, by definition, reveal illegal behavior. Is it illegal to be bias? God, I wish it was. That would really improve our situation.

Honestly, I think this time O'Keefe overloaded his asshole. I hope his ass gets crucified. When he is in Fulton county lockup I hope some big black dude makes him his bitch. Karma is such a wonderful thing.

Ok.

View attachment 424409

Wow, are you really that stupid? So, you can hack into a conversation, and since you, the hacker, consent to it be recorded, it is OK? Seriously? I mean wow, the willful ignorance of the Trumpbots is astounding.

These are the same fake news drones who defend the "defund the police" movement. He "spied on them" when he dialed in to a conference.

'Suppression media!': Trump slams CNN over boss Jeff Zucker's hacked conference calls in which he tells staff not to 'normalize Trump's erratic behavior' - as network reports Project Veritas to cops for 'spying on them'
I don't think it was just dialing in to the meeting, Bripat. I use Zoom most every day for conferences, meetings, and for classes I initiate. They all show who else is in the Zoom; uninvited guests are easily booted off. Only the host can give a participant permission to record, and Zuckerberg obviously wouldn't have given it to O'Keefe. So the correct wording here is HACKED. Which last I knew was illegal.

So uninformed
He was invited in and given the dial in number
By a (wait for it) whistleblower.
then it's not hacking if someone FW'd the invite to him. the invite may or may not include the password for ease of meeting entry. but again, once there, a participant can't record someone elses meeting UNLESS the admin of the meeting set the option to allow it. maybe he recorded it with an external device and not local.

who knows. but it still seems like a ton of risk to prove something everyone already knows.
Democrats don't know how to run a secure teleconference...surprise, surprise. Another 'hot mic' incident, and liberals are pissed they got caught.....again.

:p
No, the default is that only the host can record. In order for anyone else to record, the host has to make that person a co- host, and that doesn't happen accidentally.
You can record simply by using an app that records what's on your screen.
you still would need to notify the participants as far as i know. in multi-region meetings you usually must assume 2 party consent and ask for permission.

Nope. If the person recording is in a one-party state, the other participants to the call do not need to be notified and consent, even if they are in two party States. At least that's the law in Mississippi, Kansas, and other one-party states that I have litigated cases involving this very issue.

Like I believe you have litigated shit. But if that is the case, can a hacker break into a private business conversation, and since the hacker gives himself permission to record the call in a one-party state, it is legit? Seriously, I can hack into the presidents daily briefing, and I can hack in from a one-party state, I can release classified information without legal repercussions? Come on, impress me, tell me the truth. I mean this shit is getting beyond stupid.

Commit the crime, do the time. What's the problem?

Ok.

View attachment 424409

Wow, are you really that stupid? So, you can hack into a conversation, and since you, the hacker, consent to it be recorded, it is OK? Seriously? I mean wow, the willful ignorance of the Trumpbots is astounding.
How did O'Keefe "hack into" the conversation?

What crime?

CNN is a bunch of loudmouthed, disgruntled pussies who can't take what they regularly dish out. In the real world, they'd get their ass kicked for being the stoolie assholes they are.

What crime?
If no crime, then no time. What's the problem?

Ok.

View attachment 424409

How did O'Keefe "hack into" the conversation?

In no way.

Ok.

View attachment 424409

So, you can hack into a conversation

Hack?

Wow, you're big on making up your own definitions.

Ok.

View attachment 424409

You seem like a genius and all ,-
So what part of invited in is eluding you?

Do they have any evidence of a crime?

Recording a call is perfectly legal in Georgia.

If he is recording the conversation between him and someone else it is legal for him to do so without the other party knowledge but if he is recording someone private conversation between them and another party without either party knowledge is illegal...

Forum List

Back