CNN has reported Project Veritas founder James O'Keefe to police

It's about time this purveyor of fake news and made up stories gets his ass handed to him...with prejudice.
And I'm not sure what's so scandalous about any of this?
It just shows the utter hypocrisy of the authoritarian left who have always protected and venerated whistle
blowers....until they are the ones being exposed.

No surprise for most people who know the double standard the left operates on.

These are the same fake news drones who defend the "defund the police" movement. He "spied on them" when he dialed in to a conference.

'Suppression media!': Trump slams CNN over boss Jeff Zucker's hacked conference calls in which he tells staff not to 'normalize Trump's erratic behavior' - as network reports Project Veritas to cops for 'spying on them'
I don't think it was just dialing in to the meeting, Bripat. I use Zoom most every day for conferences, meetings, and for classes I initiate. They all show who else is in the Zoom; uninvited guests are easily booted off. Only the host can give a participant permission to record, and Zuckerberg obviously wouldn't have given it to O'Keefe. So the correct wording here is HACKED. Which last I knew was illegal.

So uninformed
He was invited in and given the dial in number
By a (wait for it) whistleblower.
then it's not hacking if someone FW'd the invite to him. the invite may or may not include the password for ease of meeting entry. but again, once there, a participant can't record someone elses meeting UNLESS the admin of the meeting set the option to allow it. maybe he recorded it with an external device and not local.

who knows. but it still seems like a ton of risk to prove something everyone already knows.
Democrats don't know how to run a secure teleconference...surprise, surprise. Another 'hot mic' incident, and liberals are pissed they got caught.....again.

:p
No, the default is that only the host can record. In order for anyone else to record, the host has to make that person a co- host, and that doesn't happen accidentally.
You can record simply by using an app that records what's on your screen.
Well that would defeat security for any online meeting, so I doubt if that's true.

So someone in CNN who does not hate America most likely gave O'Keefe the pass to the meeting.

Just imagine how funny it would have been if they started asking questions of that person and O'Keefe would have responded.

No I mean the decorated veteran who risked his career to blow the whistle on Impeached 45’s attempt at bribing a foreign nation to interfere in a US election.
Fuck off! He risked nothing! He was one of Adam Schiff's protected pets (Eric Chiaramella being another).
My my arent you sensitive! That impeachment still stings huh? Impeached One Term 45 will go down in history as the worst US president ever. Go cry into your Trump flag, MAGAt.

These are the same fake news drones who defend the "defund the police" movement. He "spied on them" when he dialed in to a conference.

'Suppression media!': Trump slams CNN over boss Jeff Zucker's hacked conference calls in which he tells staff not to 'normalize Trump's erratic behavior' - as network reports Project Veritas to cops for 'spying on them'
I don't think it was just dialing in to the meeting, Bripat. I use Zoom most every day for conferences, meetings, and for classes I initiate. They all show who else is in the Zoom; uninvited guests are easily booted off. Only the host can give a participant permission to record, and Zuckerberg obviously wouldn't have given it to O'Keefe. So the correct wording here is HACKED. Which last I knew was illegal.

So uninformed
then it's not hacking if someone FW'd the invite to him. the invite may or may not include the password for ease of meeting entry. but again, once there, a participant can't record someone elses meeting UNLESS the admin of the meeting set the option to allow it. maybe he recorded it with an external device and not local.

who knows. but it still seems like a ton of risk to prove something everyone already knows.
Democrats don't know how to run a secure teleconference...surprise, surprise. Another 'hot mic' incident, and liberals are pissed they got caught.....again.

No, the default is that only the host can record. In order for anyone else to record, the host has to make that person a co- host, and that doesn't happen accidentally.
Well that would defeat security for any online meeting, so I doubt if that's true.

Didn't you say you use zoom?

All you need is the code, and password if there is one. Someone on the inside hands O'Keefe those and it is done.

CNN holding a teleconference in which they plot to continue to sh!t on Trump....how is this news? We've watched it for 4 years?!
Why not change the damn channel?

I can't stand CNN, so I don't turn to that channel on any of my devices.
we finally agree on something.

to further it - i don't care if i hate someone or not, that is no get out of jail free card to break laws. now i don't know all the details but i do know you're on dangerous ground if you're simply recording someone on a call of some sort without telling them.

if okeefe broke privacy laws, prosecute him.

So uninformed

you still would need to notify the participants as far as i know. in multi-region meetings you usually must assume 2 party consent and ask for permission.
Well, that's a legal nicety, but the fact is, I doubt such software would defeat secured content.

CNN holding a teleconference in which they plot to continue to sh!t on Trump....how is this news? We've watched it for 4 years?!

to further it - i don't care if i hate someone or not, that is no get out of jail free card to break laws. now i don't know all the details but i do know you're on dangerous ground if you're simply recording someone on a call of some sort without telling them.

It's legal to record calls in GA.

Well, did project veritas break the law with his spying? Yes.

Transparency is obviously NOT something CNN supports....

As my momma used to say, 'Never say anything about anyone in private you would not want to say to them to their face'....

So uninformed

All you need is the code, and password if there is one. Someone on the inside hands O'Keefe those and it is done.
Don't you read my posts? Go back and you will find my response to that several times.

So uninformed

it's true.

So uninformed

Don't you read my posts? Go back and you will find my response to that several times.

You do realize that you can use any stock computer program to record the I/O? It's irrelevant what zoom offers.

So uninformed

you still would need to notify the participants as far as i know. in multi-region meetings you usually must assume 2 party consent and ask for permission.
Well, that's a legal nicety, but the fact is, I doubt such software would defeat secured content.
you'd be surprised. i showed a link with many ways to do it. at the end of the day what is to stop me from putting my phone on a stand and simply recording my screen that way?

then again if this was a phone call, tons of apps that would allow it.

that said - i still don't think it's legal or right to do it to someone. 2 different issues. can you / should you?

Well, did project veritas break the law with his spying? Yes.

He was invited.
dis be da E-Z stuffs

Do you have to be a known party, in the call being recorded?

My my arent you sensitive! That impeachment still stings huh? Impeached One Term 45 will go down in history as the worst US president ever. Go cry into your Trump flag, MAGAt.
I think you suffer from a case of self identification with the issue. I point out facts. You are the one that needs some butt sore cream.

So uninformed

You do realize that you can use any stock computer program to record the I/O? It's irrelevant what zoom offers.
yep. audio comes in via whatever channels you have setup and zoom allows multiple input sources for audio and video. I/O is just I/O.

Do you have to be a party, in the call being recorded?

Yes...

But of course, anyone can record the call. But it does make it funnier if Keefe actually sat through it, listening to them discuss white privilege and all.

I think you suffer from a case of self identification with the issue. I point out facts. You are the one that needs some butt sore cream.
And yet, here you are, crying over an election that is finished, in which Biden won decisively. Covid 45 lost, champ. Get over it.

Forum List

Back