CNN has reported Project Veritas founder James O'Keefe to police

These are the same fake news drones who defend the "defund the police" movement. He "spied on them" when he dialed in to a conference.

'Suppression media!': Trump slams CNN over boss Jeff Zucker's hacked conference calls in which he tells staff not to 'normalize Trump's erratic behavior' - as network reports Project Veritas to cops for 'spying on them'
I don't think it was just dialing in to the meeting, Bripat. I use Zoom most every day for conferences, meetings, and for classes I initiate. They all show who else is in the Zoom; uninvited guests are easily booted off. Only the host can give a participant permission to record, and Zuckerberg obviously wouldn't have given it to O'Keefe. So the correct wording here is HACKED. Which last I knew was illegal.

These are the same fake news drones who defend the "defund the police" movement. He "spied on them" when he dialed in to a conference.

'Suppression media!': Trump slams CNN over boss Jeff Zucker's hacked conference calls in which he tells staff not to 'normalize Trump's erratic behavior' - as network reports Project Veritas to cops for 'spying on them'
I don't think it was just dialing in to the meeting, Bripat. I use Zoom most every day for conferences, meetings, and for classes I initiate. They all show who else is in the Zoom; uninvited guests are easily booted off. Only the host can give a participant permission to record, and Zuckerberg obviously wouldn't have given it to O'Keefe. So the correct wording here is HACKED. Which last I knew was illegal.

So uninformed
He was invited in and given the dial in number
By a (wait for it) whistleblower.

That's right.

No one w/an ounce of sense believes that Zuckerberg would report him to the police w/unsubstantiated claims.

That's probably why Republicans believe it to be the case.

with zoom, it depends. at the outset of covid, zoom had a lot of holes and they had to plug them up quickly. but if he had an invite and they don't take measures to lock down the meeting, it isn't hacking. if he used "alternative" methods to gain access then he's got some problems on his hands. he can always log in and put in any name. if a BIG meeting (up to 500 people) it could have been in conference mode and seeing the participants isn't as easy but not sure a participant can record it.

in any event, when i use zoom i don't DARE hit record without telling everyone i am and if they don't wish to be recorded, drop off.

i HATE CNN, but that doesn't mean you can break laws against them cause you hate 'em. CNN should let the authorities dig into the details and if he committed a crime, pay up.

besides, is anyone out there still thinking CNN isn't biased? this is far from news anymore esp to go through such a risk.

I remember when the left used to protect whistle blowers. Now they persecute them.
Lt Col Vindman would like a word with you

You mean the Ukrainisn defence minister?
No I mean the decorated veteran who risked his career to blow the whistle on Impeached 45’s attempt at bribing a foreign nation to interfere in a US election.

Never happened.

CNN holding a teleconference in which they plot to continue to sh!t on Trump....how is this news? We've watched it for 4 years?!

CNN holding a teleconference in which they plot to continue to sh!t on Trump....how is this news? We've watched it for 4 years?!

half of the country doesn’t know that.
Impossible to believe, I know.

Zucker believes though.

So uninformed
then it's not hacking if someone FW'd the invite to him. the invite may or may not include the password for ease of meeting entry. but again, once there, a participant can't record someone elses meeting UNLESS the admin of the meeting set the option to allow it. maybe he recorded it with an external device and not local.

who knows. but it still seems like a ton of risk to prove something everyone already knows.

So uninformed
Not according to the linked article. Who is your source?

It is unclear how O'Keefe managed to tap into the conference calls.

And how they were recorded without any permission. Must have been the co-conspirator you call a ''whistleblower."

So uninformed
then it's not hacking if someone FW'd the invite to him. the invite may or may not include the password for ease of meeting entry. but again, once there, a participant can't record someone elses meeting UNLESS the admin of the meeting set the option to allow it. maybe he recorded it with an external device and not local.

who knows. but it still seems like a ton of risk to prove something everyone already knows.
Democrats don't know how to run a secure teleconference...surprise, surprise. Another 'hot mic' incident, and liberals are pissed they got caught.....again.

:p

Why not change the damn channel?

I can't stand CNN, so I don't turn to that channel on any of my devices.

So uninformed

Everyone doesn't though
People like you and I expect some level of intelligence from the masses.
I've learned to lower my expectations

So uninformed

Democrats don't know how to run a secure teleconference...surprise, surprise. Another 'hot mic' incident, and liberals are pissed they got caught.....again.

:p
No, the default is that only the host can record. In order for anyone else to record, the host has to make that person a co- host, and that doesn't happen accidentally.

And how they were recorded without any permission. Must have been the co-conspirator you call a ''whistleblower."
Reeeeaaaaaching.......

O'Keefe had to have done something illegal to catch CNN? Really? You even point out that it is 'unclear how' how he 'tapped into' the call. There is no such thing as 'tapping into' and 'listening in on' a teleconference unless you are the CIA/Brennan and/or the FBI/Comey. You DIAL INTO a teleconference, requiring a phone number and pin code, which he seems to have had both.

So uninformed

O'keefe.

Forum List

Back