CNET has been publishing articles written by AI since November, and nobody noticed

CNET has been publishing the articles since November, and lots of readers don't seem to have noticed.

Gives new meaning to the word ''programming.''
Here is another article on the same thing, but I liked it better, as it started with a CNET reporter's article of a month before, saying they cannot be replaced. Pretty funny, in my book.:auiqs.jpg:

CNET reporter Jackson Ryan published an article last month describing how ChatGPT, an AI that can generate human-sounding text, would affect journalists and the news industry: “ChatGPT Is a Stunning AI, but Human Jobs Are Safe (for Now).”
“It definitely can’t do the job of a journalist,” Ryan wrote of ChatGPT. “To say so diminishes the act of journalism itself.”
The article said AI isn’t coming for journalists’ jobs just yet, but the very publication that ran Ryan’s article has been quietly publishing articles written by AI since November, according to Futurism and online marketer Gael Breton. The AI-written CNET articles bear the byline CNET Money Staff which is identified on the outlet’s website as “AI Content published under this author byline is generated using automation technology.”

Amazon begain silently removing books last year because they found that many of them had been altered.

1984 happened to be one such book, interestingly.

Never really heard anything afterward about it, though. At the time I had suspected this was done via an AI.

Not sure if I mentioned it around here at the time, though.

But that's soemthing that is now being watched by those who watch that sort of thing.

They were hardly likely to publish anything until convinced that the points they wished to make could be demonstrated .

It was self fulfilling .

Bit like publishing an Opinion Poll or a Fact Checking service ----- you do not do it unless you know that your audience will believe the results, regardless of their real validity /truth .

Forum List

Back