Climate Change; Can we afford to - not - fix it?

There has always been extreme weather events (EWE) of all kinds, so it's difficult to point at any one EWE and say it was caused by climate change. But we don't have to prove any single EWE was caused by climate change to know that climate change is costing us ever greater losses. This graph on the NOAA website shows that since 1980 EWE ( described as those events with losses in excess of one billion dollars in inflation adjusted dollars ) have gone from 3 - 6 per year to now where we are having 15 - 20..

We can't say any particular EWE is caused by climate change, but we can say with certainty that we are sustaining 15 - 20 billion ( many are multi-billion) dollar loss events in excess of what we had before the rapid global warming over the last four decades.

Total losses due to Billion Dollar EWE are now more than 2 1/2 Trillion dollars.

When we can no longer afford to repair our infrastructure, or simply can no longer keep up the pace of needed repairs we will wonder why solving
our fossil fuels dependency was resisted at all.

View attachment 833597
First of all, we can't fix it, no matter how much money we spend, especially since it's a global problem and not a US problem.

Second, no, we can't afford to fix it.

Exactly how do you propose we control the weather? Also if you want to reduce the damage from tropical cyclones is to get people to move inland, good luck with that. The higher populations living within 50 miles of the coasts are the reason for the higher damages.

The problem is insurance. I have no problem with what you are saying, but I have a problem with providing low cost taxpayer insurance because companies won't take the risk

The problem is insurance. I have no problem with what you are saying, but I have a problem with providing low cost taxpayer insurance because companies won't take the risk
Let's not blame the giveaway on the insurance companies because they'd be happy to insure at rates that could guarantee a profit. The problem we got is homeowners that don't want to pay the costs and politicians who're eager to bail them out while blaming the insurance companies.

Let's not blame the giveaway on the insurance companies because they'd be happy to insure at rates that could guarantee a profit. The problem we got is homeowners that don't want to pay the costs and politicians who're eager to bail them out while blaming the insurance companies.

You completely lost me in the first sentence, so I stopped reading. There is no way to take that as what I said. I blame politicians, obviously

There has always been extreme weather events (EWE) of all kinds, so it's difficult to point at any one EWE and say it was caused by climate change. But we don't have to prove any single EWE was caused by climate change to know that climate change is costing us ever greater losses. This graph on the NOAA website shows that since 1980 EWE ( described as those events with losses in excess of one billion dollars in inflation adjusted dollars ) have gone from 3 - 6 per year to now where we are having 15 - 20..

We can't say any particular EWE is caused by climate change, but we can say with certainty that we are sustaining 15 - 20 billion ( many are multi-billion) dollar loss events in excess of what we had before the rapid global warming over the last four decades.

Total losses due to Billion Dollar EWE are now more than 2 1/2 Trillion dollars.

When we can no longer afford to repair our infrastructure, or simply can no longer keep up the pace of needed repairs we will wonder why solving

View attachment 833597
Burrowing%20Owl%20SERIOUSLY-S.jpg

That would up to the States, it's not a federal responsibility. You either believe in federalism, or you don't.

F#cking red hat morons all.

There are none more blind than those that will not see.

F#cking red hat morons all.

There are none more blind than those that will not see.

The actual climate data is as follows

NO WARMING in the ATMOSPHERE
NO WARMING in the OCEANS
NO ONGOING NET ICE MELT
NO BREAKOUT in CANE Activity
NO OCEAN RISE

Co2 does nothing. To "solve" a problem you must first diagnose it correctly...

View attachment 833597
/-----/ Climate Change Scammers wish for our future lifestyle.
1695643556291.png

View attachment 833597
Warmer temperatures could be impacting weather events, however the build up of the population along the Coast can certainly take a share of the financial cost of the storms.

Warmer temperatures could be impacting weather events, however the build up of the population along the Coast can certainly take a share of the financial cost of the storms.

there is no evidence that storms have gotten more numerous or worse the additional cost is due to the millions moving in private citizens and businesses.

That would up to the States, it's not a federal responsibility. You either believe in federalism, or you don't.

Fuck you. And no shit. I said no such thing. We were discussing "government" and not specifying which exact level funds what. What an asinine post. If you want me in EVERY POST to specify which level of government I'm talking about then ask, but there is no cause if I don't specify for you to just decide for me, do it wrong then slam me as if I said something I didn't.

You've read my posts for years. You PMSing today?

Democratic politicians don’t think any differently, but the people that vote them don’t have a clue that they are being taken for a ride.

At some point Democrat voters have to grow up and realize their politicians lie about Republicans because they are liars and you can never trust liars because ... they lie.

Once people sell out their integrity, it's gone. And that's the price of going far in either party

F#cking red hat morons. I present a graph which graphically demonstrates the fact that in the last forty years extreme weather events in excess of one billion dollars have quadrupled. Sorry morons, these are the recorded facts.

This also shows that we now experience four times as many EWE as we did prior to 1980. Three out of four are caused by GLOBAL WARMING.

Now the f#cking red hat morons will engage in denialism, all while believing everything that spews from the most prolific liar in the history of the printed word...don't pretend you don't know who I'm referencing...

Donald Trump is a lying sack of crap and even his most ardent supporters know it...but denialism is like a warm blanket...mmm...snuggalily...please don't wake me...

Manmade Climate Change is an unproven hypothesis.
It is not a fact.
If a person believes in Manmade Climate Change then they should prove it by stop using electricity and cars, planes and trains.
I posted another thread on here about how Bill Gates would rather pay 10 million dollars per year to reduce his carbon footprint rather than he himself reducing his carbon footprint.

Forum List

Back