Climate Change; Can we afford to - not - fix it?

Fix it? If I were living on a farm here and had no TV, radio or internet to hear all of the leftwing tripe and angst about climate doom, I'd have absolutely no idea the climate was any different than it was 50 years ago!

Except maybe the past couple of years our winters have been a bit lighter than usual in snowfall.

Thank you!
I love watching the local weather when they say today is the hottest day we have had since 1982. Apparently that is proof of global warming.

F#cking red hat morons. I present a graph which graphically demonstrates the fact that in the last forty years extreme weather events in excess of one billion dollars have quadrupled. Sorry morons, these are the recorded facts.

This also shows that we now experience four times as many EWE as we did prior to 1980. Three out of four are caused by GLOBAL WARMING.

Now the f#cking red hat morons will engage in denialism, all while believing everything that spews from the most prolific liar in the history of the printed word...don't pretend you don't know who I'm referencing...

Donald Trump is a lying sack of crap and even his most ardent supporters know it...but denialism is like a warm blanket...mmm...snuggalily...please don't wake me...
it does not show more events just more costly events. All due to MORE people and Business there.

I love watching the local weather when they say today is the hottest day we have had since 1982. Apparently that is proof of global warming.

For the local weather, a windy day is cause for drama--- anything to get people to watch. But they always fail to explain that if the same heat wasn't cause for global concern in 1982, why is it now?

For the local weather, a windy day is cause for drama--- anything to get people to watch. But they always fail to explain that if the same heat wasn't cause for global concern in 1982, why is it now?
If you notice, weather people are more and more using climate change as part of their sentences. Thye are controlled by the power elites.

There has always been extreme weather events (EWE) of all kinds, so it's difficult to point at any one EWE and say it was caused by climate change. But we don't have to prove any single EWE was caused by climate change to know that climate change is costing us ever greater losses. This graph on the NOAA website shows that since 1980 EWE ( described as those events with losses in excess of one billion dollars in inflation adjusted dollars ) have gone from 3 - 6 per year to now where we are having 15 - 20..

We can't say any particular EWE is caused by climate change, but we can say with certainty that we are sustaining 15 - 20 billion ( many are multi-billion) dollar loss events in excess of what we had before the rapid global warming over the last four decades.

Total losses due to Billion Dollar EWE are now more than 2 1/2 Trillion dollars.

When we can no longer afford to repair our infrastructure, or simply can no longer keep up the pace of needed repairs we will wonder why solving
our fossil fuels dependency was resisted at all.

View attachment 833597

Stop building and rebuilding in places that are at risk.

If you notice, weather people are more and more using climate change as part of their sentences. Thye are controlled by the power elites.

I've noticed that. Every weather event now on the weather, PBS or news now, every storm, tornado, hurricane or downpour is now signs of the gloomy, pending climate change that is going to kill us all.

But none of them can ever explain why none of their models ever fits the actual data.

Meanwhile, it appears that they want to kill 80% of us anyway.

Well back in 1982 they didn't have enough evidence to prove that we are actually going to burn up by spiraling into the sun. Probably next summer sometime, that is if we're not thrown out of the Solar System this winter and we all freeze. The end is near..........

There has always been extreme weather events (EWE) of all kinds, so it's difficult to point at any one EWE and say it was caused by climate change.
No it isn’t difficult. Every climate research institute in the world has addressed it.

First of all, we can't fix it, no matter how much money we spend, especially since it's a global problem and not a US problem.

Second, no, we can't afford to fix it.

Well, you’re partly right. We “ can’t fix” the warming trend, but that has NEVER BEEN the point of climate change. It’s hilarious reading so many non science people talk about it, . but it’s becoming slowly my apparent that something's must be done. The insurance companies will see to it. The world wide immigration, spreading disease etc are all affected by it. But stupid people will always not see i5 due to their restrained intellect . These same people confuse debt and deficits like they confuse change and rate of change. Not the brightest of people.

Well, you’re partly right. We “ can’t fix” the warming trend, but that has NEVER BEEN the point of climate change. It’s hilarious reading so many non science people talk about it, . but it’s becoming slowly my apparent that something's must be done. The insurance companies will see to it. The world wide immigration, spreading disease etc are all affected by it. But stupid people will always not see i5 due to their restrained intellect . These same people confuse debt and deficits like they confuse change and rate of change. Not the brightest of people.
there is no evidence that more storms have occurred over the last 20 years. Nor that they are stronger in intensity,

I'm confused. You say that we can't fix the warming trend and then you go on to say something must be done about it.

Open borders allow unvaccinated people from 3rd world countries that still have the diseases we got rid of, to come across our border. So that problem is caused by liberal policies, not global warming

I'm confused. You say that we can't fix the warming trend and then you go on to say something must be done about it.
Our species has only been on earth .2% of the time life in general, has been on earth. Its a delicate balance for our survival. It’s hilarious listening to deniers discuss climate change as a weather problem when really, we humans are at the mercy of diseases that could wipe us out in short order because their evolution rates and adaptability is faster than ours to changing environments. If we expect to survive we need to slow down the rate of change in the climate to increase our chances for survival. Over 99% of time life has been on earth without us, doesn’t make good odds for our survival if we disregard the rapid nature of climate change. Really, we’re beyond the debate stage….

There has always been extreme weather events (EWE) of all kinds, so it's difficult to point at any one EWE and say it was caused by climate change. But we don't have to prove any single EWE was caused by climate change to know that climate change is costing us ever greater losses. This graph on the NOAA website shows that since 1980 EWE ( described as those events with losses in excess of one billion dollars in inflation adjusted dollars ) have gone from 3 - 6 per year to now where we are having 15 - 20..

We can't say any particular EWE is caused by climate change, but we can say with certainty that we are sustaining 15 - 20 billion ( many are multi-billion) dollar loss events in excess of what we had before the rapid global warming over the last four decades.

Total losses due to Billion Dollar EWE are now more than 2 1/2 Trillion dollars.

When we can no longer afford to repair our infrastructure, or simply can no longer keep up the pace of needed repairs we will wonder why solving
our fossil fuels dependency was resisted at all.

View attachment 833597

Bub...to stop all production of fossil fuels will cause a 90% die off. Is that what you want?

We cannot get rid of petrochemical use of crude oil, even if we went 100% eCars. There is no fungible replacement for crude oil. eCars would have no tires, no seat cushions or seat covers, no grease for the wheel bearings, no asphalt roads to run on, no dashboards or seat belts, no solar panels and on and on.

AOC safekeeping.jpg

Open borders allow unvaccinated people from 3rd world countries that still have the diseases we got rid of, to come across our border. So that problem is caused by liberal policies, not global warming
That’s hilarious….the pandemic was spread MORE by our citizens returning infected from Europe and the Far East than immigrants at our border. Geesus, what stupidity. The immigrants at our border dId not come to Mexico from China…ha ha

Last edited:
Bub...to stop all production of fossil fuels will cause a 90% die off. Is that what you want?

We cannot get rid of petrochemical use of crude oil, even if we went 100% eCars. There is no fungible replacement for crude oil. eCars would have no tires, no seat cushions or seat covers, no grease for the wheel bearings, no asphalt roads to run on, no dashboards or seat belts, no solar panels and on and on.

View attachment 834130
Hilarious…..you have an intellect problem. Who in their right mind thinks transitioning to EVs isn’t going to be a slow deliberate and controlled manner. What a dumb post.

Our species has only been on earth .2% of the time life in general, has been on earth. Its a delicate balance for our survival. It’s hilarious listening to deniers discuss climate change as a weather problem when really, we humans are at the mercy of diseases that could wipe us out in short order because their evolution rates and adaptability is faster than ours to changing environments. If we expect to survive we need to slow down the rate of change in the climate to increase our chances for survival. Over 99% of time life has been on earth without us, doesn’t make good odds for our survival if we disregard the rapid nature of climate change. Really, we’re beyond the debate stage….
You said we can't fix it and then you said we must do something about it.

You said we can't fix it and then you said we must do something about it.
Nope, we can’t “ fix it” if you mean, stop it.We can only slow it down; slow down the rate if change. I guess this is another futile attempt to explain climate change to non science people. Do you believe in evolution ? Yes or no.
You really aren’t serious are you. This is obvious shit to people who know anything about climate change.

Forum List

Back