Climate change and sea level rise?

Quick nitpick, constant acceleration is a quadratic, no curve fitting needed ... with Nerem's 0.082 mm/yr/yr acceleration value we can derive the quadratic equation:
I think what the paper was saying is 30 years of satellite altimetry data is too short a period due to natural oceanic oscillations. e.g. The "constant acceleration" is an artifact of Nerem's methodology. Over a 100 year span, it zeros out. Or to put it another way, there are periods of "positive" acceleration and periods of "negative" acceleration. It all averages out to the 1/8" per decade that we have seen since the end of the LIA.

Also it's a fact that satellites drift, and they have to be periodically calibrated against tidal gauges.

Plate movement is of course a factor for RSL (which is the type of SLR that we experience after all). The Pacific Plate is going under the North American Plate, causing the western US to lift, and the eastern US to sink. So the sea level is rising on the east coast, and not on the west coast, and that is evidenced by the tidal gauges.

Obviously no amount of CO2 reduction can possibly have any effect on continental drift...

Last edited:
It all averages out to the 1/8" per decade that we have seen since the end of the LIA.

Completely lost in a forest of fudge and fraud, you are...

You understand nothing about climate change until you correctly define ICE AGE and realize LIA is complete bullshit....

Yes, deniers literally are so goddamned stupid, they don't know what tides are.

Nor do they undersdtand that Plymouth rock has been moved several times.

Sweet Jeebus, deniers are dumb.
The rock hasn’t been moved in over a hundred years. The dramatic change in ocean levels is apparently not taking place near Massachusetts.

The rock hasn’t been moved in over a hundred years. The dramatic change in ocean levels is apparently not taking place near Massachusetts.

Nor anywhere else on planet Earth available for photographs....

I think what the paper was saying is 30 years of satellite altimetry data is too short a period due to natural oceanic oscillations. e.g. The "constant acceleration" is an artifact of Nerem's methodology. Over a 100 year span, it zeros out. Or to put it another way, there are periods of "positive" acceleration and periods of "negative" acceleration. It all averages out to the 1/8" per decade that we have seen since the end of the LIA.

Also it's a fact that satellites drift, and they have to be periodically calibrated against tidal gauges.

Plate movement is of course a factor for RSL (which is the type of SLR that we experience after all). The Pacific Plate is going under the North American Plate, causing the western US to lift, and the eastern US to sink. So the sea level is rising on the east coast, and not on the west coast, and that is evidenced by the tidal gauges.

Obviously no amount of CO2 reduction can possibly have any effect on continental drift...

"Too soon to say" ...

Not sure if you noticed, those pictures are the same from the oldest to the most recent, even factoring in tides. Can't make it go away, can you.............?

dumb-huh.gif

His reply was empty thus worthless, he could have explained with evidence to support it, but he didn't do that.

Epic Fail!

And no insurers will insure them.

They know.

<mic drop>
Odd that it’s limited to only the Florida coastline, no? I mean Hudson Yards it built on the Hudson River and it has insurance.

Can you please tell us how manmade global climate warming change sea level rise is only affecting Florida?

No Tricks Zone

New Study: 3500 Years Ago Shorelines Were 6 Kilometers Further Inland Than Today Around Thailand

By Kenneth Richard on 22. February 2024

Excerpt:

Relative sea level change over the Holocene documents a much warmer past than today.

Because it was so much warmer during the Early to Middle Holocene (~8000 to ~4000 years ago), there was significantly less water locked up on land (Greenland, Antarctica) in the form of ice sheets and glaciers. Instead, this water occupied ocean basins, explaining the meters-higher-than-present relative sea levels (RSL).
Indeed, the reason sea levels were 2-3 m higher than today (and the shoreline tens of kilometers further inland relative to today) along the Persian Gulf ~6000 years ago was “almost wholly the consequence of the water-load term” (Lambeck, 1996).

LINK

================

One of many published papers showing higher sea levels than today.

No Tricks Zone

New Study: 3500 Years Ago Shorelines Were 6 Kilometers Further Inland Than Today Around Thailand

By Kenneth Richard on 22. February 2024

Excerpt:

Relative sea level change over the Holocene documents a much warmer past than today.

Because it was so much warmer during the Early to Middle Holocene (~8000 to ~4000 years ago), there was significantly less water locked up on land (Greenland, Antarctica) in the form of ice sheets and glaciers. Instead, this water occupied ocean basins, explaining the meters-higher-than-present relative sea levels (RSL).
Indeed, the reason sea levels were 2-3 m higher than today (and the shoreline tens of kilometers further inland relative to today) along the Persian Gulf ~6000 years ago was “almost wholly the consequence of the water-load term” (Lambeck, 1996).

LINK

================

One of many published papers showing higher sea levels than today.
I hope you are not contending that higher sea levels in the past in any way detract from the current observation of rising sea levels.

I hope you are not contending that higher sea levels in the past in any way detract from the current observation of rising sea levels.

I believe he's claiming temperatures were warmer in the early Holocene ... warmer than the IPCC predictions for next century ... that only detracts from the catastrophic nonsense you keep puking ...

All the evidence we have in hand keeps Miami International high and dry for many centuries to come ... you're lying ...

Another false narrative since I never disputed the slow sea level rise we see today, what YOU and others do not seem to understand is that the Natural World will do what it always do and sometimes it is highly destructive, ever noticed that Volcanoes, Earthquakes, Hurricanes, Tornadoes, Wildfires and more have many times in the past destroyed large areas of the continental surface that led to loss of habitat, life and new landscape that no longer support the previous ecosystem of the area.

Another false narrative since I never disputed the slow sea level rise we see today, what YOU and others do not seem to understand is that the Natural World will do what it always do and sometimes it is highly destructive, ever noticed that Volcanoes, Earthquakes, Hurricanes, Tornadoes, Wildfires and more have many times in the past destroyed large areas of the continental surface that led to loss of habitat, life and new landscape that no longer support the previous ecosystem of the area.
Of course this is NOT "Natural" as Tommy-the-WUWT-mod-Liar well knows.
He Used used an old Marcott until I did with a later one, now he tries to IGNORE us both.
Tommy has only 'returned' of late (tho no thread starts) because I virtually Vanished.
He was Destroyed in EVERY thread by me.

Marcott. (AGW Spike)

1712792306207.png

`

Last edited:
He Used used an old Marcott until I did with a later one, now he tries to IGNORE us both.
Tommy has only 'returned' of late (tho no thread starts) because I virtually Vanished.

Marcott. (AGW Spike)

View attachment 930314

`
Wow.............so there was a spike when Jesus showed up......

Goat herders, I'm telling, ya........goat herders.

Volcanoes on the West Coast create new land ... my own neighborhood sits on early Holocene deposits ... nothing west of Salt Lake existed before the Cretaceous ...

Wildfires are constructive ... they build up the ecosystem where wildfires occur regularly ... several species require wildlife to reproduce ... humans suppressing wildfires these past 100 years is currently seen as the destructive element ... the fires themselves are a good thing ...

Humans are the plague ... spay and neuter, it's the right thing to do ...

Volcanoes on the West Coast create new land ... my own neighborhood sits on early Holocene deposits ... nothing west of Salt Lake existed before the Cretaceous ...

Wildfires are constructive ... they build up the ecosystem where wildfires occur regularly ... several species require wildlife to reproduce ... humans suppressing wildfires these past 100 years is currently seen as the destructive element ... the fires themselves are a good thing ...

Humans are the plague ... spay and neuter, it's the right thing to do ...
Like all things, in moderation. The wildfires spawned by the Chicxulub impact, the Tunguska Event, the Tambora Eruption and the Deccan Traps were not constructive.

Marcott. (AGW Spike)

View attachment 930314

`

Can you explain a map of the Arctic yet??

LOL!!!

Forum List

Back