Climate Activists Seek to Save the Planet by Cutting, Burying Trees

Forest fires and natural decomposition do not replay ANY fossil fuel use.
I meant burning wood for fuel, not wildfires in the forests. I have a woodburning fireplace that heats my whole house.
This project does nothing to hinder "proper logging".
What project? There is very little proper logging (sustainable harvesting) going on by large timber companies on public lands.

Last edited:
I meant burning wood for fuel, not wildfires in the forests. I have a woodburning fireplace that heats my whole house.

What project? There is very little proper logging (sustainable harvesting) going on by large timber companies on public lands.
That "sustainable harvesting" ain't so sustainable the way they do it.

They did it to a spot I used to hunt. They knocked down all the big and small oak trees and left them to rot

to harvest the pines.

It was sickening. It was there and then I realized the forestry service is all a scam.

They did it to a spot I used to hunt. They knocked down all the big and small oak trees and left them to rot

to harvest the pines.

It was sickening. It was there and then I realized the forestry service is all a scam.
In forests where pine and hardwoods are mixed it's hard to not make such a mess. Where 'plantation' pines are grown there are no hardwoods and harvesting is done properly. It's when hardwoods are harvested that the damage is unconscionable, as all the young hardwoods that might grow into timber are cut down for pulpwood. Then what eventually grows back is also cut for pulpwood from then on, producing no hardwood timber. And the hardwood slash, which can comprise a third of the tree's mass is left to rot.

Three State laws (so far) ...

Laws that restrict buying? ... what California law prohibits me from driving into the state from Arizona in a piston engined rig? ...

For extra credit ... which law prohibits the registration of piston engined rigs ... I buy it in Arizona, are the agricultural police gonna stop me? ...

Laws that restrict buying? ... what California law prohibits me from driving into the state from Arizona in a piston engined rig? ...

For extra credit ... which law prohibits the registration of piston engined rigs ... I buy it in Arizona, are the agricultural police gonna stop me? ...

You can't buy a new ICE engine vehicle in NY, CA or MA after 2034.

Stop trying to change the subject, it won't work, hack.

to harvest the pines.

Before Mom and Dad, two loyal Democrats, moved into Redwood Country, they supported the Sierra club. They moved into Redwood country of CA thinking how good was the Sierra Club. Dad told me he learned his lesson and quit supporting the Sierra Club once he owned 20 acres of Redwoods. What lesson he learned he passed down to me.

This project will not affect you whatsoever. Go get your firewood however you wish and burn it in your fireplace.
Fine. I'm quite sure the wildlife prefer it that way. The purpose of this project is NOT the elimination of forests.

I meant wind-blown crown to crown fires.
Yeah in fact fires can create their own wind too. I was talking about how they typically start by going up laterals. Once in the crown, naturally they can spread fast with the wind.

Apples and oranges, Todd. Get back to us when you have a real question. But you might think about the difficulty in recharging that gallon of gasoline.

It takes me 3 minutes to add 400 miles of range to my vehicle.
How long does it take to add 400 miles to an EV?

It takes me 3 minutes to add 400 miles of range to my vehicle.
How long does it take to add 400 miles to an EV?
It takes finding the oil, drilling the well, extracting the crude, transporting it to a refinery, refining it, transporting it to a distribution center, transporting it to a gas station and THEN it takes you three minutes to refill your tank. And when you have burned that tank, the CO2 it produces will be in OUR atmosphere for the next several centuries.

Forum List

Back