Clarence Thomas accepted more gifts from rich benefactors, new report says

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

38 holidays paid for !!
When did he have time to get round to doing any judging ?
It can be argued that the donors got a good return on their investment in this character.
But its starting to look like the American legal system is more corrupt than its political system. Something I would have not thought possible.

38 holidays paid for !!
It can be argued that the donors got a good return on their investment in this character.
But its starting to look like the American legal system is more corrupt than its political system. Something I would have not thought possible.

Just because someone is a recipient of gifts, doesn't make them "corrupt" at all.

There has to be a quid pro quo. The recipient has to expect of receive something in exchange. Like access to the Vice President or President for the money.

Thomas' friends didn't have cases before the Supreme Court.

38 holidays paid for !!
The leftist attack machine trying to take out Thomas is large, vicious, dishonest, and active.

I'm pretty sure every single Supreme Court justice has accepted gifts from friends and/or admirers. Certainly all have wealthy and influential friends. Isn't it interesting that there is zero interest in investigating the other eight justices to see what gifts they have received from their friends?

The only problem would be if one of these friends had a case affecting them before the Court and Thomas did not recuse himself. Such a circumstance has never come up.

Thomas's fellow justices, all who at one time or another have disagreed with Thomas, seem to have no problem with him personally. I especially appreciated Justice Sotomayor's comments about her colleague:

38 holidays paid for !!
What should be looked at is if his vote made a difference.
Did his single vote sway the decision one way or the other.

Just because someone is a recipient of gifts, doesn't make them "corrupt" at all.

There has to be a quid pro quo. The recipient has to expect of receive something in exchange. Like access to the Vice President or President for the money.

Thomas' friends didn't have cases before the Supreme Court.
That surely explains his persistent failure to report them.

I'm pretty sure every single Supreme Court justice has accepted gifts from friends and/or admirers.
Accepting a Christmas Present is different than accepting free vacations, private jet use, membership at exclusive clubs

Living the lifestyle of a Billionaire while claiming impartiality are not consistent

Accepting a Christmas Present is different than accepting free vacations, private jet use, membership at exclusive clubs

Living the lifestyle of a Billionaire while claiming impartiality are not consistent
Its the curse of washington that affects conservstives as well as democrats

Rock solid conservatives come to DC wishing only to serve

But if they stay long enough they grow horns and a tail just like the dems

Its the curse of washington that affects conservstives as well as democrats

Rock solid conservatives come to DC and if they stay long enough they grow horns and a tail just like the dems
Yea.....David Vitter didn't even know what a Diaper is when he arrived in Washington...

Then, before you can say "Family Values", he's WEARING one...

Its human nature to always want more

Shame on Thomas for compromising his reputation for money that he certainly does not need

If the "story" is even true.

I refuse to trust the Guardian. It's a tabloid. A BRITISH tabloid.

Otherwise, I agree. If he did accept baksheesh, that's a no-no.

Thomas’s gifts

Their gifts include:

At least 38 destination vacations, including a previously unreported voyage on a yacht around the Bahamas; 26 private jet flights, plus an additional eight by helicopter; a dozen VIP passes to professional and college sporting events, typically perched in the skybox; two stays at luxury resorts in Florida and Jamaica; and one standing invitation to an uber-exclusive golf club overlooking the Atlantic coast.

38 holidays paid for !!
That's because Thomas is the most corrupt of the conservative justices.

Thomas’s gifts

Their gifts include:

At least 38 destination vacations, including a previously unreported voyage on a yacht around the Bahamas; 26 private jet flights, plus an additional eight by helicopter; a dozen VIP passes to professional and college sporting events, typically perched in the skybox; two stays at luxury resorts in Florida and Jamaica; and one standing invitation to an uber-exclusive golf club overlooking the Atlantic coast.

None of which you, shitslinger, can prove.

As usual.

Go write some more award winning fiction.

Forum List

Back