Churches played an active role in slavery and segregation.

true-----back in the day------northern Democrats were NOTHING like the perverse scum they are
today. The scum up here were more likely
republicans-------the situation has reversed----at least in YANKEE LAND
those republicans just moved left and didnt change their party,,

"left" "right" "donkey" "conservative" are
very non-specific terms. Can you try to express
your thoughts more DEFINITIVELY?
just because you have problems understanding our system doesnt mean what I said is wrong,,

the republican party has been moving left for decades and left conservative behind a long time ago,,

Show of hands please. How many of you here were taught about this in grade school. I sure was not.

Next question. How many of you have children who are being taught about this? My guess is not many. More evidence that children are being short changed by only being exposed to a watered down version of racial history and race relations.

We need to demand that the truth be taught. But don't call it Critical Race Theory!

Are you really this bored and uneducated??
I don't think there is a single surprised person above the age of 10 that would hear this.
Of course they were involved in slavery. As was every church throughout the world numb nuts.

Liberals on slavery in America 200 years ago....

libsslave.jpg

Liberals on global slavery that lasted 1000's of years, and still exist today in many other countries. Including products they buy right now...

bore.jpg

Show of hands please. How many of you here were taught about this in grade school. I sure was not.

Next question. How many of you have children who are being taught about this? My guess is not many. More evidence that children are being short changed by only being exposed to a watered down version of racial history and race relations.

We need to demand that the truth be taught. But don't call it Critical Race Theory!

As someone already pointed out white churches also played a leading role in the abolition of slavery

the issue seems to be how much or how little should schools dwell on history ?

I like history but only as a guide to the present

which in the case of us evil white people enslaving blacks is no longer taking place

Holy shit! That is quite an unhinged rant!! Yes we have made strides in racial justice, but do not try to tell me that there is still not work to be done. Having abolished slavery is a piss poor excuse for sanitizing history. The truth must be taught.

And that shit about predators and sex is just idiotic Gish Gallop and a red herring Take it someplace else
You're a moron.

The truth is that children are not owned by the State, therefore the rights of the Parents rule supreme. School teachers teaching gender information to children of an inappropriate age IS predatory.

NO FUCKING SANE ADULT would talk to ANY kid about gender reassignment in a school setting and not without parental permission.

Hiding this kind of behavior is predatory. Any sane adult would know this.

There was nothing unhinged about My position, except to those with a fucked up moral foundation.

As someone already pointed out white churches also played a leading role in the abolition of slavery

the issue seems to be how much or how little should schools dwell on history ?

I like history but only as a guide to the present

which in the case of us evil white people enslaving blacks is no longer taking place
You would think liberals would be more interested in teaching about economic slavery and forced labor that exist TODAY... not slavery that existed 200 years ago.
But... what am I saying? Liberals can't stand anything that makes America look good.

You would think liberals would be more interested in teaching about economic slavery and forced labor that exist TODAY... not slavery that existed 200 years ago.
But... what am I saying? Liberals can't stand anything that makes America look good.
This is all about generating white guilt and free money for black people

Why do pole puffing faggots always seem to be activists for ‘oppressed’ dark people? Are dark people EVER activists for pole puffing faggots?
Asking for a friend.

There were churches in the North who definitely opposed slavery.

I found this article fair and balanced and worth reading.

***snip***

Many of the leading abolitionists of this era were guided by their religious convictions. The 1820s and 1830s were decades in which religion took on increased importance in the lives of people all across the nation. During this time, known as the Second Great Awakening, many religious leaders told their congregations that they could achieve salvation by building lives of morality and by speaking out against sin. Since slavery loomed as the most sinful practice in America in many people's minds, abolitionists attacked the institution with greater passion and energy than ever before.

But even though the Second Great Awakening fundamentally changed the lives of many Americans, the recharged abolitionist movement met strong resistance wherever its followers tried to spread its message of freedom and equality. Predictably, resistance to this message was strongest in the American South. During the 1830s and 1840s, Southern whites came to view the Northern abolitionists as perhaps the most serious threat to their way of life that they had ever faced. Even though the majority of white households did not own any slaves, powerful Southern slaveholders had built comfortable lives for themselves. These men, who had great influence with other whites in their communities, did not want to make any changes that might threaten their wealth and position. Many poor whites wanted to keep slavery, too, because of long-standing racism and the realization that slavery's continued existence ensured that they would never occupy the lowest rung in Southern society. Finally, Southern whites hated the increase in abolitionist talk because they thought that it might spark a bloody slave rebellion.

It is American History!!! Get with the program.
I know that it is American history. I am not denying it and it too should be taught. But in doing so teach the whole history in context. Teach that it was the southern Democrats who founded the Klan and that they fled the Democratic for the haven Republican party when the Democrats embraced civil rights. Just try to be honest. I know that's hard for your

There were churches in the North who definitely opposed slavery.

I found this article fair and balanced and worth reading.

***snip***

Many of the leading abolitionists of this era were guided by their religious convictions. The 1820s and 1830s were decades in which religion took on increased importance in the lives of people all across the nation. During this time, known as the Second Great Awakening, many religious leaders told their congregations that they could achieve salvation by building lives of morality and by speaking out against sin. Since slavery loomed as the most sinful practice in America in many people's minds, abolitionists attacked the institution with greater passion and energy than ever before.

But even though the Second Great Awakening fundamentally changed the lives of many Americans, the recharged abolitionist movement met strong resistance wherever its followers tried to spread its message of freedom and equality. Predictably, resistance to this message was strongest in the American South. During the 1830s and 1840s, Southern whites came to view the Northern abolitionists as perhaps the most serious threat to their way of life that they had ever faced. Even though the majority of white households did not own any slaves, powerful Southern slaveholders had built comfortable lives for themselves. These men, who had great influence with other whites in their communities, did not want to make any changes that might threaten their wealth and position. Many poor whites wanted to keep slavery, too, because of long-standing racism and the realization that slavery's continued existence ensured that they would never occupy the lowest rung in Southern society. Finally, Southern whites hated the increase in abolitionist talk because they thought that it might spark a bloody slave rebellion.
OK fine! Thank you. My intention was not to indict churches as being pro-slavery. It is ALL part of history and it should ALL be taught. The good, the bad and the ugly, and there is a lot of ugly. Your point about the abolitionist churches not negate anything that I said

I know that it is American history. I am not denying it and it too should be taught. But in doing so teach the whole history in context. Teach that it was the southern Democrats who founded the Klan and that they fled the Democratic for the haven Republican party when the Democrats embraced civil rights. Just try to be honest. I know that's hard for your
That does not explain why as the South became less racist it became more Republican. And for the most part the Catholics, Irish, Italian, Polish, of the North (and elsewhere) have fled the Democrat party. This was the backbone of the Dem party in the North. The Dem party is the anti constitution Cultural Marxist party. It is a compilation of whatever is not able bodied, heterosexual, white Christian male.......which is why the Dems call the aforementioned essentially the devil, when in fact they are satanic.

Actually we are interested in that too. Verry interested. I posted about that too right here. Pay attention.

200 years ago was not that far beck and understanding what happened then helps to understand how we got to where we are now and how to make things better.

It is not about making America look bad, or making whites feel guilty. What the fuck is wrong with you people. You just undermine your credibility every time you utter some stupid shit like that.

Forum List

Back