China to have 150 more ships than US by 2028 under Biden budget, Navy secretary admits

If there is a war it will be China’s choosing
There's a possibility that America could force China to war over Taiwan.
I think it would be the equivalent of China arming Cuba with conventional weapons as well as nuclear weapons.

I've often imagined something of that nature being China's eventual answer to US aggression.

It's becoming possible now because of China's rise in power and influence.
And who knows, maybe Puerto Rico will come to see the advantage in being a part of China's methods of containing America.

The Crimea has certainly served as an example of what is possible.

There's a possibility that America could force China to war over Taiwan.
I think it would be the equivalent of China arming Cuba with conventional weapons as well as nuclear weapons.

I've often imagined something of that nature being China's eventual answer to US aggression.

It's becoming possible now because of China's rise in power and influence.
And who knows, maybe Puerto Rico will come to see the advantage in being a part of China's methods of containing America.

The Crimea has certainly served as an example of what is possible.

Like how we forced Russia to invade Ukraine?

You are hopelessly uninformed and pro chinese
Please, anti-US war.
In what way can the US be blamed for a chinese invasion of Taiwan?
In the same way as China supplying weapons of war to Hawaii or Puerto Rico or the Bahamas or North Korea or .................

You're an ignorant mutt but you're useful as a backboard at least once a year!

Like how we forced Russia to invade Ukraine?
Yes, the way America fomented war in the Donbass region and encouraged Ukrainian Nazis to murder Russian speaking citizens in numbers reported to be over 20,000. As well as America's direct intention of bringing Nato aggression right up to Russia's border.
Thank you again.

And that fills your quota for next year too.

That is the rub

China has never engaged in modern naval warfare and is unfamiliar with tactics
An amphibious landing like they would attempt in Taiwan is very difficult and risky
I agree that they are risking failure by invading Taiwan

But Xi seems determined to do so

Please, anti-US war.

In the same way as China supplying weapons of war to Hawaii or Puerto Rico or the Bahamas or North Korea or .................

You're an ignorant mutt but you're useful as a backboard at least once a year!
Do you seriously believe china fears an invasion from Taiwan?

If so you are out of touch with reality

China wants to expand its power in the South China Sea by military force

China has never intended on taking back Taiwan by force. Their methods are peaceful persuasion in the economic advantages for Taiwan.

That result is now at least as possible as it has ever been and is the reason why America is pushing weapons of war onto Taiwan.

America intends to ramp up hostilities to the point of forcing China's hand to war.

America knows that resorting to war is the only way of stopping peaceful progress.

Looking back over the 40 wars your country has started since WW2, has it ever been any different? Isn't it crystal clear that war was the only way to prevent the peaceful reunification of Vietnam?
Chinese conduct in Hong Kong has clearly shown Taiwan and the rest of the world that China can’t be trusted to keep treaty commitments. So there are NO economic advantages for Taiwan to accept rule by mainland China.

I think he is Sabre rattling

He could not stand the humiliation of failure
Building so many combat ships and flooding china with militarism seems beyond mere saber rattling to me

He may have once hoped to intimidate the Taiwan people into surrendering peacefully

But instead they are growing more stubborn and independant

Building so many combat ships and flooding china with militarism seems beyond mere saber rattling to me

He may have once hoped to intimidate the Taiwan people into surrendering peacefully

But instead they are growing more stubborn and independant
I think the combat ships are to challenge US influence in the China Sea not necessarily invade Taiwan

Chinese conduct in Hong Kong has clearly shown Taiwan and the rest of the world that China can’t be trusted to keep treaty commitments. So there are NO economic advantages for Taiwan to accept rule by mainland China.
China is honouring the agreement in H.K.

A quite amazing example of their peaceful intentions, in the face of America's and Britain's intentions to call the agreement null and void.

Of course it didn't work and peace has been restored to H.K.

As to the Uighurs, China has adopted a plan to re-educate Islamic terrorists, as opposed to America's method of slaughter. (see Iraq)

I think the combat ships are to challenge US influence in the China Sea not necessarily invade Taiwan
Yeah, but we don't want to touch the question of why America is there.

Could be the very same reason for Vietnam, the Donbass, Iraq, Afghanistan for over 10 years, Syria, whatever, whoever?

Wow, you really do have absolutely no idea what you are even saying.

China supplying weapons to Hawaii or Puerto Rico? Uh, both of those are part of the US. So who exactly are they going to provide them to? The Governors?

*laughs*

Bahamas, that is an independent nation that is a part of the Commonwealth of Nations. They are free to get weapons from anybody they want, but the UK might want some words if they do not come from or through them. Either way, the US has nothing to do with that.

As for North Korea, you are aware there is an International Embargo set up by the UN, right? So what, you expect China to completely ignore that? Just walk out of the UN, like Japan walked out of the League of Nations?

You just spew out nonsense, and it is not even good propaganda.

Wow, you really do have absolutely no idea what you are even saying.

China supplying weapons to Hawaii or Puerto Rico? Uh, both of those are part of the US. So who exactly are they going to provide them to? The Governors?

*laughs*

Bahamas, that is an independent nation that is a part of the Commonwealth of Nations. They are free to get weapons from anybody they want, but the UK might want some words if they do not come from or through them. Either way, the US has nothing to do with that.

As for North Korea, you are aware there is an International Embargo set up by the UN, right? So what, you expect China to completely ignore that? Just walk out of the UN, like Japan walked out of the League of Nations?

You just spew out nonsense, and it is not even good propaganda.
Or Mexico or Texas.
It's over your pay grade.

Of course it didn't work and peace has been restored to H.K.

There+is+some+lack+of+genocide+in+this+_c2ced7c34a6fc10292d1568773673a8b.png

Or Mexico or Texas.
It's over your pay grade.

Texas is also a US state. Who exactly are they going to sell them to, the Governor?

And Mexico is an independent nation, they can buy equipment from whoever in the hell they want.

Of course, they themselves have quite an arms industry so I am not sure how much they would actually want to buy.

As for the rest of their equipment, a lot is actually French and German manufacture or COTS.

Oh, but their workhorse helicopters for decades have actually been Soviet-Russian made Mi-8 and Mi-26 helicopters. And the US really did not give a damn when they started buying Soviet equipment during the Cold War, what makes you think they would give a damn if they started buying Chinese equipment now?

Forum List

Back