Chicago Imposes Harsh Consumer Vaccine Mandates: “if you have been living vaccine-free, your time is up”

excalibur

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2015
And that all 16 and older must have photo I.D.

Wait. What? But we keep on being told that blacks can't get photo I.D. for voting, so this new fascistic demand will impact blacks the most. Won't it? :cool:

I see a job opportunity. Hire oneself out to pick up items like food, booze and so forth for the unvaccinated to circumvent this bullcrap. IF the day comes when these assholes try to keep people from buying food or medicine without being vaxxed, those doing the enforcing need to understand they'll be in danger from some righteously pissed-off people.

And that all 16 and older must have photo I.D.

Wait. What? But we keep on being told that blacks can't get photo I.D. for voting, so this new fascistic demand will impact blacks the most. Won't it? :cool:

And they thought her racism was bad!

I see a job opportunity. Hire oneself out to pick up items like food, booze and so forth for the unvaccinated to circumvent this bullcrap. IF the day comes when these assholes try to keep people from buying food or medicine without being vaxxed, those doing the enforcing need to understand they'll be in danger from some righteously pissed-off people.
Thank God for the 2nd.

Will be interesting to watch how they enforce the mandate in comparison to how they allow shoplifting.

Milder Omicron evolved from rodents. Opportunist Nazi-Dem media is not educated enough to grasp the implications. To the educated vaccine mandates now look even more stupid. This form of SARS-CoV-2 is the trajectory that should make vaccines out of style, but the Nazis have too much invested for the prisoners to beat the commie virus on their own.

I ain't gonna pull quotes from the posters preceding me here.
I'll just offer my opinion generally on this Chicago hissyfitting and mandate hysteria.

I have a couple of treasured neighbors here in the city I now live in who are RN's. Registered nurses at two different big city hospitals.

Sit and have coffee with these two sturdy former farm gals who went to nursing school.....one to Penn the other Villanova. Each is a big deal at their respective hospitals.

They will tell you of the crisises going on now in their hospitals.....with the tidal wave of unvaccinated Covid patients. They see the staff burn-out ...in fellow nurses, in doctors, in support staff. The work load is crushing. And it gets worse as some of the burnouts....flame out, and leave. Some for good. Some for a sabbatical. Some for just 'time off'...measured in months, maybe a year?
Or too often they are seeing admired nurses leaving their staffs to become 'travelling contract nurses'......where they are paid triple the $45 and hour an established RN gets at their hospitals. Those 'contract' nurses go to rural hospitals that are crushed with Covid, don't have the staff to handle it, and desprately need qualified nurses. And find the money to get 'em as temporary 'patches' in a system that is crumbling.
And the pipeline is narrow-guaged. Meaning, there aren't enough new nurses coming out of nursing schools. The local university here in town has a highly esteemed nursing program. It takes a straight 4.0 GPA in high school to get in....and they turn away hundreds of applicants. Yet, they only graduate 60 nurses a year. 60. That's all. Add to that the requirement for those 60 to do rotations in a hospital before accreditation. In short, the system is nearing exhaustion with not enough new soldiers coming into battle.

And to the heart of this thread......both of those gals would, if they could, "de-prioritize" any unvaxxed Covid patient who came in for a bed. Those folks who be treated, sure. When they can get to 'em. But they go to the back of the line. Behind any Covid patient who WAS vaccinated. Behind the guy with a hernia. The lady with with broken femur. The beat-up spouse. The slip & fall old lady. They will be treated after all the others are treated.

I know all this because my bride and I just had each of those gals within the last week over for a glass of wine. Each is extremely.....extremely.....critical of the unvaccinated. They view the unvaxxed as irresponsible and reckless citizens. Even "stupid". Not worthy of the beds they command in the ER's.

Now, to be sure ----- I like and admire each of these women. All of us being ex-farm kids who made it in our respective careers. We have that as a bond. But more than that.....these two, each, is pragmatic, no nonsense, but good humored ---even if a bit ribald ----women that anyone would want to go to Starbucks and gossip with. And sigh in relief if they were at your bedside in the ER.
So, if they diss the unvaxed.
So would I.
I'm with my neighbors.

I ain't gonna pull quotes from the posters preceding me here.
I'll just offer my opinion generally on this Chicago hissyfitting and mandate hysteria.

I have a couple of treasured neighbors here in the city I now live in who are RN's. Registered nurses at two different big city hospitals.

Sit and have coffee with these two sturdy former farm gals who went to nursing school.....one to Penn the other Villanova. Each is a big deal at their respective hospitals.

They will tell you of the crisises going on now in their hospitals.....with the tidal wave of unvaccinated Covid patients. They see the staff burn-out ...in fellow nurses, in doctors, in support staff. The work load is crushing. And it gets worse as some of the burnouts....flame out, and leave. Some for good. Some for a sabbatical. Some for just 'time off'...measured in months, maybe a year?
Or too often they are seeing admired nurses leaving their staffs to become 'travelling contract nurses'......where they are paid triple the $45 and hour an established RN gets at their hospitals. Those 'contract' nurses go to rural hospitals that are crushed with Covid, don't have the staff to handle it, and desprately need qualified nurses. And find the money to get 'em as temporary 'patches' in a system that is crumbling.
And the pipeline is narrow-guaged. Meaning, there aren't enough new nurses coming out of nursing schools. The local university here in town has a highly esteemed nursing program. It takes a straight 4.0 GPA in high school to get in....and they turn away hundreds of applicants. Yet, they only graduate 60 nurses a year. 60. That's all. Add to that the requirement for those 60 to do rotations in a hospital before accreditation. In short, the system is nearing exhaustion with not enough new soldiers coming into battle.

And to the heart of this thread......both of those gals would, if they could, "de-prioritize" any unvaxxed Covid patient who came in for a bed. Those folks who be treated, sure. When they can get to 'em. But they go to the back of the line. Behind any Covid patient who WAS vaccinated. Behind the guy with a hernia. The lady with with broken femur. The beat-up spouse. The slip & fall old lady. They will be treated after all the others are treated.

I know all this because my bride and I just had each of those gals within the last week over for a glass of wine. Each is extremely.....extremely.....critical of the unvaccinated. They view the unvaxxed as irresponsible and reckless citizens. Even "stupid". Not worthy of the beds they command in the ER's.

Now, to be sure ----- I like and admire each of these women. All of us being ex-farm kids who made it in our respective careers. We have that as a bond. But more than that.....these two, each, is pragmatic, no nonsense, but good humored ---even if a bit ribald ----women that anyone would want to go to Starbucks and gossip with. And sigh in relief if they were at your bedside in the ER.
So, if they diss the unvaxed.
So would I.
I'm with my neighbors.
Not buying it, Einstein. Please snap out of it. Y'all were duped. There is no such thing as "fully vaxxed." The vaxxed still collect and transmit the virus from their unvaxxed surfaces in the same way as the unvaxxed do. We don't think your 4.0's can answer the question: do these viruses evolving on unvaxxed surfaces mutate?

"Nobody in their right mind would go to that shithole anyway....."
Well, it IS a free country with many choices, poster Obiwan.
You may want to skip going there. It may not be right for you.......so choose differently.

But personally, I think Chicago is terrific. Lived and worked there for many years....over two seperate stints there.
The city is great. The Metro area is great.

But it IS a big city.
And some folks ain't cut out for it -- won't run fast enough, don't swim hard enough, can't think smart enough.
So be it.
But I liked it.
So did my bride.
We visit annually to see old friends, old neighbors. Wouldn't miss it.
Two Thumbs Up for Chicago (thanku Gene & Roger, you homeys.)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not buying it, Einstein. Please snap out of it. Y'all were duped. There is no such thing as "fully vaxxed." The vaxxed still collect and transmit the virus from their unvaxxed surfaces in the same way as the unvaxxed do. We don't think your 4.0's can answer the question: do these viruses evolving on unvaxxed surfaces mutate?
Well, good poster 'badger2', is quite right.....if......what he is referring to as "fully vaxxed" means 'can't catch Covid.'
And that's OK. 'Cause only the misinformed would think getting the two shots & the boost means they are home free.
They ain't.
Most everybody else knows that.

As far poster badger's comment on: "your 4.0's' not answering evolving mutations of the virus"......well, I regret I wasn't clearer on that.
The "4.0's" I mentioned was a reference to high school kids.

Albeit, smart high school kids trying to get into a good college.
And personally, my avatar ain't really expecting high school kids.....even really smart ones.......to be on the cutting edge of virology.
But that's just me.
We should assume that poster badger2's local high-school is likely way ahead of others.
-------------------------------------------------------------

"The businesses on the Miracle Mile are now Grocery Outlets, K-Mart, Ross, Marshalls and WalMarts."

Golly, that seems sadly misinformed. Un-informed.
Or perhaps just unknowledgeable and inexperienced about Chicago.
And that's OK. Folks in small town or rural America can't be expected to know every upscale Rode Drive, Miracle Mile, 5th Avenue, or hell, even a nearby St. Armand's Circle.....of this amazingly vast, diverse and interesting country.

So, for those planning on doing a little touristy-gig in the City-by-the-Lake, well, .......here is a link as a bit of guidance:

"The Magnificent Mile is one of the most iconic shopping area’s in the world. This cosmopolitan, history-packed strip on downtown Michigan Avenue between the Michigan Avenue Bridge and Oak Street leads you from department stores to multi-story retail centers to luxury boutiques to brand name retail chains — all within a scenic stroll of each other.

Here’s our guide to shopping and more on The Magnificent Mile."

Forum List

Back