Check out the demise of Fox and the rise of Newsmax

Newsmax went from an average of 100k viewers per night to OVER ONE MILLION.

Yeah, the lefts death grip on information is crumbling.

:rofl: Oh these rubes,

"Ratings" are not any kind of "grip on information", shortpants. They're a count of the number of eyeballs watching that can be sold to an advertiser. And that's the grand sum total of all they are. They have absolutely ZERO to do with any kind of content.

Friggin' fake wrestling gets "ratings". Friggin' onstage paternity tests get "ratings". Friggin' naked people left on an island to eat bugs gets "ratings". Do ANY of those hold any kind of "grip on information"?

No Bubbles, the grip on information is held by Corporate interests. And their goal is to sell you shit you don't need, and to get you to watch long enough they will put literally ANYTHING on the air, whether it's real information, fake information or hapless naked people walking around on an island as if they have nothing even though there's a full camera crew right in front of them. It's visual fast food for the Gulibles. And by the way fake information sells WAY better than real information.

Fer fux sake use your head.

Today's "FOX" is tomorrow's "Newsmax".

It's pretty sad when Fox News isn't considered right wing enough anymore
Fox is no longer not conspiratorial enough. Ailes knew conservatives love conspiracies. So does Newsmax and OAN. Fox, at least its news division, sees the danger that these conspiracy theories pose to the Republic. However , Newsmax and OAN do not. It is about the Benjamins. Expect more conspiracy theories. Expect them to be more bizarre and more dangerous. There is nothing so outrageous that Conservatives will not believable.
Conspiracy theories like Russian collusion? Didn't that turn out to be a smokescreen for HRCs serious email crimes?
Or the one about Ukrainian quid pro when it was all Quid Pro Joe?
Yeah, we're the ones hooked on conspiracy theories. Only ours have facts to back them up
Lol..your post just proved my point.
But that is not true is it? My point was valid & backed by facts.
HRCs email scandals happened. She did start the Russian hoax using Christopher Steele and unsubstantiated gossip.

Joe Biden did tell the Ukrainian official to fire a top official looking into corruption at Burisma or else he'd withhold a $1 Billion loan guarantee. Burisma just happened to be where his son crackHunter was employed for an astronomical salary despite just being dishonorably discharged from the armed forces for drug use & absolutely no experience in the energy industry.

Meanwhile, you all had the Mueller report dud & a sham impeachment.
Please tell me about conspiracy theories again

fox traitors.jpg

Try “scary”.

Disagree...

I like when they marginalize themselves. "Shopping for news" though is probably a bigger problem than Newsmax specifically. I rely on a few of sources; NPR and AP and CNN. For deep dives, I'll hit The Atlantic or Slate or NPR itself.

Because FNC 2020 isn't the FNC of 1999. They took a hard turn left. Hiring cheaters like Donna Brazille and left wing loons like Mike Wallace and trump hater Cavuto who recently turned full trump hater changed the network.

They used to have quality people during the day. They had shepherd smith who sucked balls. They canned him. But with morons like Juan Williams who just regurgitates left wing talking points when the teleprompter tells him to....its a joke now.

Try “scary”.

Disagree...

I like when they marginalize themselves. "Shopping for news" though is probably a bigger problem than Newsmax specifically. I rely on a few of sources; NPR and AP and CNN. For deep dives, I'll hit The Atlantic or Slate or NPR itself.

The Atlantic is outstanding. :thup: Because it digs deep into the backstories and angles of every kind of topic.

It's interesting that that's our values, while for the Foxnoids and Newsmax Hax it's all about "what slant the talking heads have". It's entirely PERSONAL rather than intellectual. It's like a swarm of cultists looking for a cult to glom onto that can sing them to sleep.

Of course that was always what Murdoch designed it for, and they ate it up.

Fox News changed? Well their business model dictates that. The Trump era is history and the other cockroaches are scrambling for viewers.

"Ratings" are not any kind of "grip on information", shortpants. They're a count of the number of eyeballs watching that can be sold to an advertiser. And that's the grand sum total of all they are. They have absolutely ZERO to do with any kind of content.

Friggin' fake wrestling gets "ratings". Friggin' onstage paternity tests get "ratings". Friggin' naked people left on an island to eat bugs gets "ratings". Do ANY of those hold any kind of "grip on information"?

No Bubbles, the grip on information is held by Corporate interests. And their goal is to sell you shit you don't need, and to get you to watch long enough they will put literally ANYTHING on the air, whether it's real information, fake information or hapless naked people walking around on an island as if they have nothing even though there's a full camera crew right in front of them. It's visual fast food for the Gulibles. And by the way fake information sells WAY better than real information.

The Trumpsters are like junkies needing their fixes. Their main dealer cut them off at the knees.

Fox News changed? Well their business model dictates that. The Trump era is history and the other cockroaches are scrambling for viewers.

Business model is profits ya moron. It's what drives all for profit businesses. So tell me, how is losing millions of your viewers profitable?

Try “scary”.

Disagree...

The Atlantic is outstanding. :thup: Because it digs deep into the backstories and angles of every kind of topic.

It's interesting that that's our values, while for the Foxnoids and Newsmax Hax it's all about "what slant the talking heads have". It's entirely PERSONAL rather than intellectual. It's like a swarm of cultists looking for a cult to glom onto that can sing them to sleep.

Of course that was always what Murdoch designed it for, and they ate it up.

If I have one complaint about NPR is that on the news magazine programs, they essentially rotate guests and you hear the same interview 4 times. As for the Atalantic... I like deep dives into one story. Its unmatched

Business model is profits ya moron. It's what drives all for profit businesses. So tell me, how is losing millions of your viewers profitable?

See what I mean? In your opening post it's about "grip on information". Suddenly now it's about "profits".
You're splooging all over the map.

The Trumpsters are like junkies needing their fixes. Their main dealer cut them off at the knees.

a VERY good way to put it.

Get out now.

Forum List

Back