Chauvin Just Arrested In George Floyd’s Death

He is being charged with 3rd degree murder/manslaughter. Just reported.
I can see that. Makes sense.
They said all the others will be having charges brought against them as well.
Wow, some sanity finally, but it would be nice if the prosecuters had CAUSE OF DEATH ESTABLISHED.
There wouldn't be much of Minneapolis left if they waited for all those lab results, Jim.

The innocent policeman will be sacrificed on the alter of political correctness in order to halt the riots. ... :cool:
did not look that innocent to me....

He's saying other officers. I think he's saying there will be longer term ramifications, beyond just this one bad officer. That good officers are going to get caught up in this.

At least, that's how I read it.
he said policeman not men.....

Oh I see.

Then I disagree. The officer was clearly in the wrong. There is absolutely no situation I can think of, where you put a knee on someone's neck unless there is some crazy crazy circumstance, and at least from my perspective, no such extraordinary circumstances exist here.

The officer I believe will be charged with manslaughter, and be convicted, and that's how it should go.

Depotoo, I can't make myself watch the video. What I'd like to know is, did Chauvin have his gun in his hand while he was holding this guy down?

I do not believe so.

The confusing thing for me, is that there is a video going around, from BEFORE the video where he's on the ground with this guys knee on his neck.

And the video from before, shows the guy already in cuff.

That presents a devastating problem. There is no explanation about why a guy already in cuffs, would end up on the ground with a knee on his neck.

Even if the office put the knee on his shoulder blades, there is no explanation about why that would be required.

All I can say, from the outside, with limited facts...... it looks really really bad. This officer will never be in the police force again, and he could very well end up in prison for 40 years. (not sure what the state laws are there).

And I wouldn't shed a tear either. Unless something absolutely amazing comes out in court that we don't know... but at this point, I can't even imagine what that could even be.
The reason I asked about the gun is, I was thinking about the other three cops that "watched." How they would "stop" Chauvin.

Just grab by the arm, and say "move your knee sir.".

That would have been enough. Chauvin might have chewed them out later, but better than this.

Ok, we now officially have an arrest, and since in this country an 'accused' has the right of due process, this is all we can do for now.
So, will the left stand down and stop burning their fucking town down now ?

We will be watching.

Wow, some sanity finally, but it would be nice if the prosecuters had CAUSE OF DEATH ESTABLISHED.
There wouldn't be much of Minneapolis left if they waited for all those lab results, Jim.

Yeah, that's why you tell police to stop the looting, and shoot to kill.

Richard J. Daley Famous "shoot to kill" order prevented riots in Chicago.

That is what they need to do.

Dirty cops and prosecutors needed to be taught a lesson. Hey, trumpoholics have been calling for a civil war, they got one.

No, because we are all in agreement this guy needed to be dealt with.

Left-wingers destroying themselves, is not a civil war. What a dumb statement.
Never interrupt your opponent when they are in the process of destroying themselves.

The innocent policeman will be sacrificed on the alter of political correctness in order to halt the riots. ... :cool:
did not look that innocent to me....

He's saying other officers. I think he's saying there will be longer term ramifications, beyond just this one bad officer. That good officers are going to get caught up in this.

At least, that's how I read it.
he said policeman not men.....

Oh I see.

Then I disagree. The officer was clearly in the wrong. There is absolutely no situation I can think of, where you put a knee on someone's neck unless there is some crazy crazy circumstance, and at least from my perspective, no such extraordinary circumstances exist here.

The officer I believe will be charged with manslaughter, and be convicted, and that's how it should go.

Depotoo, I can't make myself watch the video. What I'd like to know is, did Chauvin have his gun in his hand while he was holding this guy down?
You can’t tell for sure, but I don’t believe so.

Well I agree. However, there still is no excuse yet, for why he had his knee on that guys neck, and being fired and sent to trial, is a good move.

There is no way to look at that, as anything other than badly.

But yes, they should clearly establish the cause of death quickly.
The autopsy was done yesterday, so they probably know.

Ok, we now officially have an arrest, and since in this country an 'accused' has the right of due process, this is all we can do for now.
So, will the left stand down and stop burning their fucking town down now ?

We will be watching.
Depends on whether the instigators are called off or not.

Good. I'd be surprised if anything happens to the other three officers, but I hope they get charged as well. As terrible as this incident is, I think it's even more troubling that the other three officers didn't do anything about it.

Chauvin slowly murdered Floyd as he pleaded for air. Onlookers pleaded with the officers to let him breathe. Chauvin, being the piece of shit that he is, ignored them. And the other three "professionals" did NOTHING as Floyd was murdered right in front of them. Cops defending cops regardless of the situation.

If this wasn't caught on video, you'd never hear anything about this story. The cops would just stick together, like they always do, and make up some bullshit story to save their own asses. What do you think their police report would have said if there wasn't video evidence? I'm sure the police report would say that Chauvin put his knee to Floyd's neck and slowly killed him, right? Right?!

Body cameras need to be on at all times and the other three should be charged for murder along with Chauvin. Make an example out of them. This needs to stop.
Charges are coming, the prosecutor said. What, we don’t know.

How is he innocent?

What's he guilty of? unlawful use of excessive force at the very least. First degree murder at worst.

Can you defend his actions as 1) compliant with police department policy 2) necessary to detained an unarmed cuffed suspect 3) behavior worthy of a public servant?
unlawful use of excessive force at the very least. First degree murder at worst.

Can you defend his actions as 1) compliant with police department policy 2) necessary to detained an unarmed cuffed suspect 3) behavior worthy of a public servant?

Correct my errors please

The video begins with him on the ground offering up the customary “I can’t breathe”. We have no idea of what transpired beforehand

When the ambulance arrives he is unconscious but alive

Approximately 13 minutes later upon arrival at hospital he had regained consciousness but then had a heart attack and died.

Correct my errors please

The video begins with him on the ground offering up the customary “I can’t breathe”. We have no idea of what transpired beforehand

When the ambulance arrives he is unconscious but alive

Approximately 13 minutes later upon arrival at hospital he had regained consciousness but then had a heart attack and died.
I havent seen that yet so you got a link???

These people are angry about police brutality and you suggest we SHOOT at them now? You think that will calm them down? Who knows why after the cases of police brutality that have been all over the news in the past few years, this is the one that set their hair on fire. Was it because everyone is so fuckin on edge with these Covid restrictions and disrupted life? If it were just a particular hate-the-cops-in-Minneapolis situation, it wouldn't have triggered rioting in St. Paul, too.

Everyone is grumpy, bored out of their wits, maybe this was just the last straw.

These people are angry about police brutality and you suggest we SHOOT at them now? You think that will calm them down? Who knows why after the cases of police brutality that have been all over the news in the past few years, this is the one that set their hair on fire. Was it because everyone is so fuckin on edge with these Covid restrictions and disrupted life? If it were just a particular hate-the-cops-in-Minneapolis situation, it wouldn't have triggered rioting in St. Paul, too.

Everyone is grumpy, bored out of their wits, maybe this was just the last straw.
they need to be shot for looting and destroying their own communities,,,,

Btw, trying to think of the last time a white cop was convicted for the murder of a black man.
There was the idiot who shot the black dude several times in the back and then planted his taser next to the body apparently unaware that he was caught on camera.
Seems like it goes more in this direction the most often - Black cop sentenced for killing pretty white lady - Amiright?

11025476-4x3-xlarge.jpg
And how many free big screen TVs were "handed out" then???

Forum List

Back