Chauvin Just Arrested In George Floyd’s Death

He is being charged with 3rd degree murder/manslaughter. Just reported.
I can see that. Makes sense.
They said all the others will be having charges brought against them as well.
Wow, some sanity finally, but it would be nice if the prosecuters had CAUSE OF DEATH ESTABLISHED.
There wouldn't be much of Minneapolis left if they waited for all those lab results, Jim.

Yeah, that's why you tell police to stop the looting, and shoot to kill.

Richard J. Daley Famous "shoot to kill" order prevented riots in Chicago.

That is what they need to do.
These people are angry about police brutality and you suggest we SHOOT at them now? You think that will calm them down? Who knows why after the cases of police brutality that have been all over the news in the past few years, this is the one that set their hair on fire. Was it because everyone is so fuckin on edge with these Covid restrictions and disrupted life? If it were just a particular hate-the-cops-in-Minneapolis situation, it wouldn't have triggered rioting in St. Paul, too.

Everyone is grumpy, bored out of their wits, maybe this was just the last straw.

Yes absolutely.

Say a police officer killed my neighbor in cold blood. I'd be mad.

Um... can I come and burn your house down, and loot everything I want from your house, and take your car, and set everything else you have on fire, and burn it to ashes?

Can I do that?

I'm MAD! I am angry! My neighbor was killed by a police officer in cold blood.... and... well... you have some stuff I want, so I want it.... and I hate everything, so I'm going to burn your house down and all your belongings that I can't carry to my house.

I should be able to do that! Right! I'm angry! That means I can take your stuff, and burn everything I can't take with me, to ashes and leave you with nothing.

Angry! Very angry!

GoodT!

All 4 need to be behind bars.
Did they force him to ingest the drugs that caused a heart attack?

You can't put a knee on someone's neck. That makes you a complicating factor in the heart attack.

There is no police training anywhere, that says put a knee on a guys neck. The cop was way out of line.

Manslaughter.

Thank goodness a bystander filmed this because if not Chauvin would have gotten away with it, and almost for sure, he would have done it to more people and more people would have died.

Just breaking news on Cbs Minneapolis

I support good police in uniform. I like to think I'd risk my life for a guy who I know would do so for me.

Bad apples, have to be held to account. There MUST be a similar standard for officers as the rest of society. They aren't soldiers in a foreign land playing by foreign rules. Civilized societies have to hold them to a higher standard, and they have in general. They have great leeway, but, death has to only occur in particular circumstances.

What this guy did, whether he meant to cause death or not, was completely unnecessary. The man was arrested and in cuffs, he was their responsibility. I hate abusers more than anything.
Problem being, and one that most don't think of, is how can you know you're dealing with a good cop until it's too late?

I predict: Coroners report will find Floyd had a heart attack. The prosecutor, under every kind of pressure known to mankind will opt for a manslaugher charge. The Blacks and Rats will be satisfied and only loot stores carrying Nike shoes. There will be a change of venue. In about a year a jury will be chosen, hear the case, decide there was no manslaugher but a violation of Floyd's civil rights and a lawsuit for millions, with a black jury, paid for by mostly white Minnesota taxpayers. The cop has already lost his job, his home, and his career and the judge will find him punished enough and he walks. The End.

Someone is in denial big time.

Well I agree. However, there still is no excuse yet, for why he had his knee on that guys neck, and being fired and sent to trial, is a good move.
There is no way to look at that, as anything other than badly.
But yes, they should clearly establish the cause of death quickly.
The autopsy was done yesterday, so they probably know.
Probably, and since they havent gone public with it yet, it sounds like the cop did not cause the death, but may have contributed to the circumstances LEADING to the criminal's death.

The deeper mystery to me is what happened while Floyd was in the squad car.

Everything was going smoothly then suddenly they stop, pull Floyd out and put him in a punishing submission restraint.

What the hell happened? It wasnt something as silly as Floyd insulting Chauvin, or kicking the back of his seat, lol.

I suspect that Chauvin is a 'connected' cop who sometimes does things for the Ward Bosses when they ask him, and Floyd maybve have been doing 'unauthorized' things and the bosses were done with him and told Chauvin to teach Floyd a lesson. I would put the odds of what happened in the squad car to be about 20% Ward Boss and the remaining 80% as mystery meat, but hopefully a DOJ investigation will turn up what the catalytic event was. It wasnt a 'So's yo Mama.' sort of thing.

Well I agree. However, there still is no excuse yet, for why he had his knee on that guys neck, and being fired and sent to trial, is a good move.
Probably, and since they havent gone public with it yet, it sounds like the cop did not cause the death, but may have contributed to the circumstances LEADING to the criminal's death.

Everything was going smoothly then suddenly they stop, pull Floyd out and put him in a punishing submission restraint.

What the hell happened? It wasnt something as silly as Floyd insulting Chauvin, or kicking the back of his seat, lol.

I suspect that Chauvin is a 'connected' cop who sometimes does things for the Ward Bosses when they ask him, and Floyd maybve have been doing 'unauthorized' things and the bosses were done with him and told Chauvin to teach Floyd a lesson. I would put the odds of what happened in the squad car to be about 20% Ward Boss and the remaining 80% as mystery meat, but hopefully a DOJ investigation will turn up what the catalytic event was. It wasnt a 'So's yo Mama.' sort of thing.
Chauvin himself has a questionable history.

I don’t know. I would assume that would be released, as a respite, whereas if his blood flow was stopped or esophagus was crushed, or neck cracked, they wouldn’t, yet.

The coroner will have to establish the official cause and time of death. If they don't coincide with the incident, more rioting could ensue.

I don’t know. I would assume that would be released, as a respite, whereas if his blood flow was stopped or esophagus was crushed, or neck cracked, they wouldn’t, yet.
Look at this pic and tell me how his esophagus could have been crushed or his blood flow stopped on both sides.

1590787305858.png

His neck is not flat to the pavement and his esophagus is clear.

His neck might have been broken though, IMO.

That is a very dangerous hold and should not be used unless the cops life is under threat, which is clearly not the case here.

Chauvin himself has a questionable history.
Which is why I think he is 'connected', otherwise I think he would have been fired a long time ago.

GoodT!

All 4 need to be behind bars.

Everybody knows that the only good negro is a dead one. They make up about 14% of the population is black. But they are responsible for at least 60% of the crime. Instead of being behind bars, they should have been given medals.

Forum List

Back