Chauvin Just Arrested In George Floyd’s Death

Good. I'd be surprised if anything happens to the other three officers, but I hope they get charged as well. As terrible as this incident is, I think it's even more troubling that the other three officers didn't do anything about it.

Chauvin slowly murdered Floyd as he pleaded for air. Onlookers pleaded with the officers to let him breathe. Chauvin, being the piece of shit that he is, ignored them. And the other three "professionals" did NOTHING as Floyd was murdered right in front of them. Cops defending cops regardless of the situation.

If this wasn't caught on video, you'd never hear anything about this story. The cops would just stick together, like they always do, and make up some bullshit story to save their own asses. What do you think their police report would have said if there wasn't video evidence? I'm sure the police report would say that Chauvin put his knee to Floyd's neck and slowly killed him, right? Right?!

Body cameras need to be on at all times and the other three should be charged for murder along with Chauvin. Make an example out of them. This needs to stop.

This just now. On cable tv. No link yet.

SCUM BAG should be charged with full on murder in the first.

Here we go first link:

Nah - kneeling on a dudes neck for 8-9 minutes is hardly worthy of a M1 charge.
I mean, this guy has such a stellar record! :rolleyes:

And a hand-cuffed dude at that.
but the dude was a thug (code for ******), and therefore the thug had it coming.

This just now. On cable tv. No link yet.

SCUM BAG should be charged with full on murder in the first.

Here we go first link:

Nah - kneeling on a dudes neck for 8-9 minutes is hardly worthy of a M1 charge.
I mean, this guy has such a stellar record! :rolleyes:

And a hand-cuffed dude at that.
but the dude was a thug (code for ******), and therefore the thug had it coming.
ZOMG, I was just CENSORED! repeal liability protection for USMB! they are publishers.

Btw, trying to think of the last time a white cop was convicted for the murder of a black man.
There was the idiot who shot the black dude several times in the back and then planted his taser next to the body apparently unaware that he was caught on camera.
Seems like it goes more in this direction the most often - Black cop sentenced for killing pretty white lady - Amiright?

11025476-4x3-xlarge.jpg

The innocent policeman will be sacrificed on the alter of political correctness in order to halt the riots. ... :cool:
did not look that innocent to me....

He's saying other officers. I think he's saying there will be longer term ramifications, beyond just this one bad officer. That good officers are going to get caught up in this.

At least, that's how I read it.
he said policeman not men.....

Oh I see.

Then I disagree. The officer was clearly in the wrong. There is absolutely no situation I can think of, where you put a knee on someone's neck unless there is some crazy crazy circumstance, and at least from my perspective, no such extraordinary circumstances exist here.

The officer I believe will be charged with manslaughter, and be convicted, and that's how it should go.

Prosecutors say they are expected to charge the other 3 officers as well. Press conference.

The innocent policeman will be sacrificed on the alter of political correctness in order to halt the riots. ... :cool:

He's saying other officers. I think he's saying there will be longer term ramifications, beyond just this one bad officer. That good officers are going to get caught up in this.

Oh I see.

Then I disagree. The officer was clearly in the wrong. There is absolutely no situation I can think of, where you put a knee on someone's neck unless there is some crazy crazy circumstance, and at least from my perspective, no such extraordinary circumstances exist here.

The officer I believe will be charged with manslaughter, and be convicted, and that's how it should go.
He is being charged with 3rd degree murder/manslaughter. Just reported.

Oh I see.

I can see that. Makes sense.

Oh I see.

They said all the others will be having charges brought against them as well.

The prosecutor said they have reviewed all the body cam video.

They also said it is the fastest any officer has ever been charged. They also said the fbi and US attorney has been involved.

Just breaking news on Cbs Minneapolis

I support good police in uniform. I like to think I'd risk my life for a guy who I know would do so for me.

Bad apples, have to be held to account. There MUST be a similar standard for officer. They aren't soldiers in a foreign land playing with foreign rules. Civilized societies have to hold them to a higher standard, and they have in general.

What this guy did, whether he meant to cause death or not, was completely unnecessary. The man was arrested and in cuffs, he was their responsibility. I hate abusers more than anything.
Sadly, his actions as well as the other officers at the scene, tarnish the image of the 99% that are good cops.
First of all, this guy deserves anything he gets. That's murder in my opinion. But you have to laugh at how long it took to arrest the guy. Democrats are quick to complain about a Republican response to anything and everything. But they had to burn down the precinct house to get this buffoon's attention. AYFKM? This big mouthed mayor should be charged with accessory to arson, if there is such a charge.

"But you have to laugh at how long it took to arrest the guy...."

Policeman's union is the biggest, fattest, meanest union in the country. They intervene immediately on behalf of a cop accused of unlawful killing. They'll have their lawyers all over this now, too.
Yeah, that's why union members pay dues, to get that representation. Do you want to take away this cop's Constitutional rights to an attorney? It doesn't matter how foul he is. Don't be blaming the union for THAT.

I predict: Coroners report will find Floyd had a heart attack. The prosecutor, under every kind of pressure known to mankind will opt for a manslaugher charge. The Blacks and Rats will be satisfied and only loot stores carrying Nike shoes. There will be a change of venue. In about a year a jury will be chosen, hear the case, decide there was no manslaugher but a violation of Floyd's civil rights and a lawsuit for millions, with a black jury, paid for by mostly white Minnesota taxpayers. The cop has already lost his job, his home, and his career and the judge will find him punished enough and he walks. The End.

Oh I see.

Depotoo, I can't make myself watch the video. What I'd like to know is, did Chauvin have his gun in his hand while he was holding this guy down?

And that i s ALL this is about.

That cop who reminds me of a Danny Reagan type will be sent to prison, perhaps justly for manslaughter, but there is clearly no prior intent to kill this criminal scumbag.

But get this, no toxicology report out yet, or medical cause of death and yet everyone is certain that this is murder.

Our country is now full of people who cannot think clearly.

“We have now been able to put together the evidence that we need. Even as late as yesterday afternoon, we did not have all that we needed,” Freeman said, before saying that he was unable to speak to specific pieces of evidence and which one specifically was needed to file charges.
“This is by far the fastest that we’ve ever charged a police officer,” Freeman said.
Freeman says the other officers involved are under investigation and he “anticipates charges.”
“But I’m not going to get into that,” he said. “Today, we’re talking about former officer Chauvin.”

Oh I see.

Depotoo, I can't make myself watch the video. What I'd like to know is, did Chauvin have his gun in his hand while he was holding this guy down?

I do not believe so.

The confusing thing for me, is that there is a video going around, from BEFORE the video where he's on the ground with this guys knee on his neck.

And the video from before, shows the guy already in cuff.

That presents a devastating problem. There is no explanation about why a guy already in cuffs, would end up on the ground with a knee on his neck.

Even if the office put the knee on his shoulder blades, there is no explanation about why that would be required.

All I can say, from the outside, with limited facts...... it looks really really bad. This officer will never be in the police force again, and he could very well end up in prison for 40 years. (not sure what the state laws are there).

And I wouldn't shed a tear either. Unless something absolutely amazing comes out in court that we don't know... but at this point, I can't even imagine what that could even be.

Good. I'd be surprised if anything happens to the other three officers, but I hope they get charged as well. As terrible as this incident is, I think it's even more troubling that the other three officers didn't do anything about it.

Chauvin slowly murdered Floyd as he pleaded for air. Onlookers pleaded with the officers to let him breathe. Chauvin, being the piece of shit that he is, ignored them. And the other three "professionals" did NOTHING as Floyd was murdered right in front of them. Cops defending cops regardless of the situation.

If this wasn't caught on video, you'd never hear anything about this story. The cops would just stick together, like they always do, and make up some bullshit story to save their own asses. What do you think their police report would have said if there wasn't video evidence? I'm sure the police report would say that Chauvin put his knee to Floyd's neck and slowly killed him, right? Right?!

Body cameras need to be on at all times and the other three should be charged for murder along with Chauvin. Make an example out of them. This needs to stop.

"I think it's even more troubling that the other three officers didn't do anything about it."

You took the words right out of my mouth !
It's one thing to have a rogue cop, but when you see the reaction of the rest of the team, you really get the feeling that this arrest was handled the way the police dept want it handled.

Oh I see.

I do not believe so.

The confusing thing for me, is that there is a video going around, from BEFORE the video where he's on the ground with this guys knee on his neck.

And the video from before, shows the guy already in cuff.

That presents a devastating problem. There is no explanation about why a guy already in cuffs, would end up on the ground with a knee on his neck.

Even if the office put the knee on his shoulder blades, there is no explanation about why that would be required.

All I can say, from the outside, with limited facts...... it looks really really bad. This officer will never be in the police force again, and he could very well end up in prison for 40 years. (not sure what the state laws are there).

And I wouldn't shed a tear either. Unless something absolutely amazing comes out in court that we don't know... but at this point, I can't even imagine what that could even be.
The reason I asked about the gun is, I was thinking about the other three cops that "watched." How they would "stop" Chauvin.

Wow, some sanity finally, but it would be nice if the prosecuters had CAUSE OF DEATH ESTABLISHED.

Well I agree. However, there still is no excuse yet, for why he had his knee on that guys neck, and being fired and sent to trial, is a good move.

There is no way to look at that, as anything other than badly.

But yes, they should clearly establish the cause of death quickly.

Forum List

Back