Center right needs to be Biden Republicans

Err, you people have been attacking us, and everything we believe in, long before Trump hit the scene.

WE know that. Trump stepped forward to speak out for US, so he became the focus of your attacks, but, we are well aware that you guys were hating US, long ago.

You are the one that is pitifully clueless AND willfully ignorant
You are brain washed. No one cares how you live your life. ....

Your disagreement is irrelevant to the discussion. The post you responded to, the point is that Mac is attacking us Trump supporters, for thinking that this is "about Trump".

Do you admit that we, the people you are attacking, have held these beliefs long before Trump was on the scene and that you attacked us for them long before Trump was on the scene AND that WE KNEW YOU WERE ATTACKING US?

Cause THAT is the point. (in this small discussion)
I think you’ve been afraid your whole life. I think you want to feel special. I think you want a boogeyman to blame your current station in life on. I think all those make you a perfect candidate to be manipulated into voting against your self interests. You vote for policy that continues to concentrate wealth, restrict rights, and picks winners and losers in a different way than democrats - and you aren’t the winner.

Nope. But the point is, my "whole life" extends WAY before Trump was relevant.

You are agreeing with me.
I’m saying he capitalized on the fears of a group of misled Americans.

You are agreeing with me, in this discussion, but you can't bring yourself to admit it. YOu have to keep attacking me personally in every post.

Can you see how that reflexive hostility, validates my "fears"?

Ironically, if you have just off handedly agreed with me on this minor point, you would have actually strongly displayed a lack of hostility that would have greatly undermined my characterization of the larger picture of your side's threat to US.

BUT, you couldn't do that. Because, like I said, you people have been deeply hostile and attacking us, since long before Trump was relevant.

Hence, we Trump supporters know that "this is not about Trump, and never was".

SO Mac1958, is just wrong and being an ass about it.
It is about Trump and how he makes you feel. Yes, you can’t divorce that from how you felt before but he has become your great white hope and you have deified him.

1. Still unable to just admit my point, re: Trump supporters know that.

2. My support for him was/is based on policy. That you can't admit that, is a reflection on you, not on me.

3. "Great White Hope"? LOL!!! Racist much?

If you claim to be a Christian, then why do you support a party that endorses sexual perversion, abortion, and other sin
You are kidding right? The leader of your party is a 3 time divorcee who commits adultly gluttony, sexual perversion, and probably all the sins except out right murder. The Republican Party practice no higher level of morality than democrats they just point it out more. Like the Pharisees of old.
No, I am not joking. The DemoCRAP party supports destruction of the only true family structure, coddles perverts from queers all the way to kiddie diddlers, and advocates the wanton slaughter of our most innocent people-the unborn, at the altar of "choice".

I think you’ve been afraid your whole life. I think you want to feel special. I think you want a boogeyman to blame your current station in life on.

Says the ignorant sheep who has allowed his masters to control him, with the #CoronaHoax2020, to make him live in fear and submission.
You sound like an idiot. Corona hoax. GTFOOH. I’ve been able to do WHATEVER I WANT since May of last year. I have only been asked to wear a mask, socially distance, and use heightened level of cleanliness. Big fucking deal. I miss the movies but that’s it. Once dumbfuckers get vaccinated we can move on with our lives.

If you claim to be a Christian, then why do you support a party that endorses sexual perversion, abortion, and other sin
You are kidding right? The leader of your party is a 3 time divorcee who commits adultly gluttony, sexual perversion, and probably all the sins except out right murder. The Republican Party practice no higher level of morality than democrats they just point it out more. Like the Pharisees of old.

Trump's personal failings at marriage, is a mar against his character.

BUT, he at least does not hold adultery forth as a policy to be supported and celebrated by his Party and/or society at large.

YOur confusion with the difference, is not credible.
The state has no business in whether you commit adultry or not. Your pastor does. Your president does not. You don’t get that distinction and want your president to push your morality on everyone. You’re in the wrong country for that Bub.

YOU brought up his adultery. I admitted it is mar against his character. I was agreeing with your point about it.

Your hostility is so utterly mindless that you can't accept me admitting when you have a valid point.

Ironically this supports my larger point, about your sides long term hostility towards people like me, and thus justifying our "fears" of you.

You don’t get…to push your morality on everyone.
And yet your side demands the power to push your immorality on everyone, including those of us who want no part in it, and even on children.
Who is trying to make you commit adultery? I’ll kick their ass for you. Democrats are not supposed to do that. Makes us look bad. Give me her name. Or his.

K, I hope you can continue to enjoy it.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams
I have wealth, liberty, political freedom, religious freedom, and I am expressing my views and free speech unencumbered to you.
I never ceases to amaze me how people miss the obvious when they're thrown some crumbs from the table, your wealth is an illusion built upon a currency that isn't backed by anything but debt, your *views* are heavily manipulated by political machinery, media and advertisers and even the claim to religious freedom becomes questionable in the face of systemic religious bigotry.

As evidence one need look no further than your posting history here which indicates that when the Democrat Party machinery says "JUMP!" your response is most likely to be "HOW HIGH?", Democrat Angels-Republican Devils, the predictable programmed response of one captured in the orbit of one of the two Crime Families.
As long as we keep conservatives from trying to impose the Handmaiden’s Tale state control by continuing to concentrate all the nation’s wealth into the hands of a select few people we are going to be ok.
How's that working out so far? debt slavery in place of higher wages anyone?

I wish you well.
You’re wrong. Democrats are normal people who have a policy to help more people. Republicans have moved from a group of normal people who have a policy to help fewer people to now a freak show of culture warriors, bigots, religious nuts, and the wealthy who want to minimize their giveback.
Thanks for providing further evidence that my analysis regarding programmed partisan responses was correct.

I'm sure you're a fine caring person, it's just too bad you're oblivious to how thoroughly you've been manipulated.
I used to be a Republican.
Liar.
I’m a white wealthy Christian son of a military father who grew up in the south. It’s not a stretch to think I like sec football and used to be an ignorant Republican who thought I could ignore the social war nonsense of the right so I could slide by with less taxes. I am now paying for being so selfish. I’d like some votes back.
If you claim to be a Christian, then why do you support a party that endorses sexual perversion, abortion, and other sin?
Seems to me Christians have been supporting those things for long time, look at the history of that religion; priests and young boys, systemic mass murder, torture and all sorts nefarious behavior that are no-no's according to the "good book", in fact i'm pretty certain that if Jesus were around today he'd want nothing to do with Christianity.
And in case you haven't noticed, there's a distinct difference between Roman Catholicism and true Christian faith. Real Born Again disciples would never commit atrocities like that.
OIC, so you wouldn't have something like a Protestant "Born Again" Commander in Chief ordering the deaths of tens of thousands of innocent Iraqi's.... only the fake Christian Catholics would do something like that.

Apparently the "thou shalt not kill" commandment was completely optional. :rolleyes-41:
The proper translation is "You shall not murder". Not the same.
You know you're out of your depth when you attempt to characterize ordering the dropping of bombs on people's homes and businesses as anything but a violation of the Sixth Commandment.

... not to mention demonstrating the shakiness of one's faith in the All Mighty by attempting to lawyer around with what is purported to be his/her/its Holy Texts, are you trying to convince me or yourself?

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams
I have wealth, liberty, political freedom, religious freedom, and I am expressing my views and free speech unencumbered to you.
I never ceases to amaze me how people miss the obvious when they're thrown some crumbs from the table, your wealth is an illusion built upon a currency that isn't backed by anything but debt, your *views* are heavily manipulated by political machinery, media and advertisers and even the claim to religious freedom becomes questionable in the face of systemic religious bigotry.

As evidence one need look no further than your posting history here which indicates that when the Democrat Party machinery says "JUMP!" your response is most likely to be "HOW HIGH?", Democrat Angels-Republican Devils, the predictable programmed response of one captured in the orbit of one of the two Crime Families.
As long as we keep conservatives from trying to impose the Handmaiden’s Tale state control by continuing to concentrate all the nation’s wealth into the hands of a select few people we are going to be ok.

I wish you well.
You’re wrong. Democrats are normal people who have a policy to help more people. Republicans have moved from a group of normal people who have a policy to help fewer people to now a freak show of culture warriors, bigots, religious nuts, and the wealthy who want to minimize their giveback.
Thanks for providing further evidence that my analysis regarding programmed partisan responses was correct.

I'm sure you're a fine caring person, it's just too bad you're oblivious to how thoroughly you've been manipulated.
Liar.
I’m a white wealthy Christian son of a military father who grew up in the south. It’s not a stretch to think I like sec football and used to be an ignorant Republican who thought I could ignore the social war nonsense of the right so I could slide by with less taxes. I am now paying for being so selfish. I’d like some votes back.
If you claim to be a Christian, then why do you support a party that endorses sexual perversion, abortion, and other sin?
Seems to me Christians have been supporting those things for long time, look at the history of that religion; priests and young boys, systemic mass murder, torture and all sorts nefarious behavior that are no-no's according to the "good book", in fact i'm pretty certain that if Jesus were around today he'd want nothing to do with Christianity.
And in case you haven't noticed, there's a distinct difference between Roman Catholicism and true Christian faith. Real Born Again disciples would never commit atrocities like that.
OIC, so you wouldn't have something like a Protestant "Born Again" Commander in Chief ordering the deaths of tens of thousands of innocent Iraqi's.... only the fake Christian Catholics would do something like that.

Apparently the "thou shalt not kill" commandment was completely optional. :rolleyes-41:
You know you're out of your depth when you attempt to characterize ordering the dropping of bombs on people's homes and businesses as anything but a violation of the Sixth Commandment.

... not to mention demonstrating the shakiness of one's faith in the All Mighty by attempting to lawyer around with what is purported to be his/her/its Holy Texts, are you trying to convince me or yourself?
Then there should have been no retaliation for Pearl Harbor, amirite? because to you it's "immoral". Or how about 9/11? You think we should have just taken Chamberlain's approach and appease these Islamofascist scumbags?

Well said piece about the only real choice for normal Republicans... become Biden Republicans.

The GOP can’t be saved. Center-right voters need to become Biden Republicans.

Most Republicans don’t care that Trump locked up children, cozied up to white supremacists, tear-gassed peaceful protesters, benefited from Russian help in both of his campaigns, egregiously mishandled the pandemic, incited a violent attack on the Capitol and even faced fraud complaints from his own donors. A new Reuters-Ipsos pollfinds that 81 percent of Republicans have a favorable impression of Trump. Wait. It gets worse: 60 percent say the 2020 election was stolen from him, only 28 percent say he is even partly to blame for the Capitol insurrection, and 55 percent say that the Capitol attack “was led by violent left-wing protestors trying to make Trump look bad.”

This is a portrait of a party that can’t be saved — at least in the foreseeable future. The GOP remains a cult of personality for the worst president in U.S. history. It has become a bastion of irrationality, conspiracy mongering, racism, nativism and anti-scientific prejudices. So what should a sane, center-right voter — someone who might have voted for the GOP in the past — do under those circumstances?

Biden has turbocharged vaccinations with better management: The seven-day average of new vaccination doses has gone from 892,399on Inauguration Day to almost 3 million today. He has boosted the economic recoverywith a $1.9 trillion stimulus bill; the unemployment rate is down to 6 percent. Now he is pushing a $2 trillion plan to rebuild our dilapidated infrastructure — something that Trump only talked about doing.

Biden is governing from the “new center,” while Republicans are increasingly catering to the far right with shrill, divisive rhetoric and antidemocratic actions such as bills to restrict voting. Under those circumstances, those of us on the center-right can’t afford a third-party flirtation. We need to become Biden Republicans.
Probably true. We do need (at least) two strong parties, though.

From what I've seen, their relationship with the Dems would be short, though. They do want regular conservatism back, not this freak show. They're not going to embrace the excesses of the Dems, particularly on the cultural side.
I'm really not sure how many of us are left though, really. Do people remember that W's opposition were the fiscal conservatives of Forbes and McCain? We are ancient history. I have trouble seeing a path for the Trump party, where they lost in Ga and should have in NC. The dems even imploded with an addict for a governor candidate in Fla. Arizona at least has a history of moderation. Goldwater and Mormons shared a history of not throwing bombs (joke)

But the folks who voted for Reagan (or even liked him despite not being able to tolerate voting for him, like me) are not the future.

I wish you well.

Liar.

Then there should have been no retaliation for Pearl Harbor, amirite? because to you it's "immoral". Or how about 9/11? You think we should have just taken Chamberlain's approach and appease these Islamofascist scumbags?

Seems to be what he is implying.

I guess he would prefer a world where the Japanese were allowed to rule Asia and the Third Reich was enjoying it's "living room" is what was once Russia.

Well said piece about the only real choice for normal Republicans... become Biden Republicans.

Most Republicans don’t care that Trump locked up children, cozied up to white supremacists, tear-gassed peaceful protesters, benefited from Russian help in both of his campaigns, egregiously mishandled the pandemic, incited a violent attack on the Capitol and even faced fraud complaints from his own donors. A new Reuters-Ipsos pollfinds that 81 percent of Republicans have a favorable impression of Trump. Wait. It gets worse: 60 percent say the 2020 election was stolen from him, only 28 percent say he is even partly to blame for the Capitol insurrection, and 55 percent say that the Capitol attack “was led by violent left-wing protestors trying to make Trump look bad.”

This is a portrait of a party that can’t be saved — at least in the foreseeable future. The GOP remains a cult of personality for the worst president in U.S. history. It has become a bastion of irrationality, conspiracy mongering, racism, nativism and anti-scientific prejudices. So what should a sane, center-right voter — someone who might have voted for the GOP in the past — do under those circumstances?

Biden has turbocharged vaccinations with better management: The seven-day average of new vaccination doses has gone from 892,399on Inauguration Day to almost 3 million today. He has boosted the economic recoverywith a $1.9 trillion stimulus bill; the unemployment rate is down to 6 percent. Now he is pushing a $2 trillion plan to rebuild our dilapidated infrastructure — something that Trump only talked about doing.

Biden is governing from the “new center,” while Republicans are increasingly catering to the far right with shrill, divisive rhetoric and antidemocratic actions such as bills to restrict voting. Under those circumstances, those of us on the center-right can’t afford a third-party flirtation. We need to become Biden Republicans.

From what I've seen, their relationship with the Dems would be short, though. They do want regular conservatism back, not this freak show. They're not going to embrace the excesses of the Dems, particularly on the cultural side.
I'm really not sure how many of us are left though, really. Do people remember that W's opposition were the fiscal conservatives of Forbes and McCain? We are ancient history. I have trouble seeing a path for the Trump party, where they lost in Ga and should have in NC. The dems even imploded with an addict for a governor candidate in Fla. Arizona at least has a history of moderation. Goldwater and Mormons shared a history of not throwing bombs (joke)

But the folks who voted for Reagan (or even liked him despite not being able to tolerate voting for him, like me) are not the future.
So, BendOver, you think the future are far left whackjobs?

I wish you well.

Liar.

Well, if we were gonna bomb muslims, maybe we shudda picked the right 'branch."

fuck you dick face

I wish you well.

Liar.

Well, if we were gonna bomb muslims, maybe we shudda picked the right 'branch."
I would have much rather lobbed a couple of Minuteman III ICBMs in that direction.

fuck you dick face
Answer the freaking question, Ben Dover

BUT, he at least does not hold adultery forth as a policy to be supported and celebrated by his Party and/or society at large.

The state has no business in whether you commit adultry or not. Your pastor does. Your president does not. You don’t get that distinction and want your president to push your morality on everyone. You’re in the wrong country for that Bub.

YOU brought up his adultery. I admitted it is mar against his character. I was agreeing with your point about it.

Your hostility is so utterly mindless that you can't accept me admitting when you have a valid point.

Ironically this supports my larger point, about your sides long term hostility towards people like me, and thus justifying our "fears" of you.
Look. Sleep with who you want to sleep with. Or don’t. We don’t care. Not one tiny bit. No one on the left wants to tell you what to do. Why you are hung up on how other people act is baffling. From abortion to marriage to fucking gender declaration. Come on. Mind your damn business The fact that you can’t impose your morality on others has you willing to support a despot. Really? That’s what you’ve been reduced to? I’ll grant you the sport issue, which is miniscual in the grand scheme of life, does affect other people and is a valid grip.

Biden is FAAAAAARRRR left.

Look. Sleep with who you want to sleep with. Or don’t. We don’t care. Not one tiny bit. No one on the left wants to tell you what to do. Why you are hung up on how other people act is baffling. From abortion to marriage to fucking gender declaration. Come on. Mind your damn business The fact that you can’t impose your morality on others has you willing to support a despot. Really? That’s what you’ve been reduced to? I’ll grant you the sport issue, which is miniscual in the grand scheme of life, does affect other people and is a valid grip.

You are the one that brought it up. I was agreeing with your point about it.

You are so hateful and knee jerk in your hostility, that you cannot accept me admitting you have a point. Even when I draw your attention to it repeatedly.

This should be a red flag for you. For anyone.

What would you say about such behavior, if you saw it in someone else?

You are the one that brought it up. I was agreeing with your point about it.

You are so hateful and knee jerk in your hostility, that you cannot accept me admitting you have a point. Even when I draw your attention to it repeatedly.

This should be a red flag for you. For anyone.

What would you say about such behavior, if you saw it in someone else?
Hey I’m about love. It’s an internet board where you get zero points for being right and 10 points for snarky comebacks. I like to be right and snarky. If snarky bothers you I’ll just stick to being right.

Forum List

Back