Censorship as a weapon

An interesting side note about censorship-

On another site that I've been visiting recently, the site is a safe haven for racists. They forbid their members from calling racists what they are. They back up their racist sanctuary policy with temp bans and super authoritative censorship. We may have a lot of censorship corruption here, but it isn't as bad as some of the other sites. Politically motivated censorship is everywhere people have the power or authority to use it, and it is ALWAYS used to supplement a weaker hand.

Flat-earthers also complain about being censored when people don't take them seriously.

As do antivaxxers.

And election fraud crazies.

And scientologists.

I detect a pattern.

As I mentioned earlier, lefties defend censorship like their lives depend on. They use euphemism to make it look like something besides the cheating and corruption that it is, they use more censorship to cover earlier censorship, and they will even claim that censorship is a righty thing. I did a thread here awhile back that demonstrates very clearly that our local USMB lefties all support and defend censorship, and that it is lefties who love this form of cheating. The thread link below clears up who really loves censorship:

I've seen mods conflate "general" discussions of moderation with discussing "specific" moderator actions like the site rules forbid, but the two types of discussions are very different. Censors do this as an excuse to allege breaking rules, so that they can justify their politically motivated censorship or revenge censorship. Keep your eye out for this if they falsely claim you discussed "specific" mod actions when you were actually discussing general actions. Censorship is about cheating and revenge, so conflating these things is natural.

I dunno, OP. I can't honestly say that I've ever been censored on here. I pretty much say what I want.

Closest I've ever seen true censorship on here was back when they were having all of those mass shootings a couple of years ago and it turned out that a lot of the shooters, historically speaking, were being prescribed psychotropic drugs.

When I went to list all of the drugs they were on, again historically speaking, the software automatically replaced those drug names with asterisks, rendering much of the information hidden from public consumption.

So, naturally, I wasn't able to support my evidence in a relevant manner, therefore allowing the gun grabber narrative to trump the terms of controversy in every thread at the time.

Last edited:
I dunno, OP. I can't honestly say that I've ever been censored on here. I pretty much say what I want.

Closest I've ever seen true censorship on here was back...
I am censored almost every day in this community. Yesterday, the day before, and the day before that. The reason why I started this thread though, is that censorship really is a significant part of today's political landscape that should be discussed. It is important when I guy like you doesn't notice it on this heavily censored site, and it is important to understand how it influences elections. It is the same corruption that is happening everywhere in the current political landscape.

Slade3200 reminded me of another way that politically motivated censorship is used as a weapon, in the thread that he was trying to derail about how usmb would look without all the politically motivated censorship. Conflating politically motivated censorship with site rules. This is a fallacy. Alleging that rules were broken in order to dishonestly justify censorship is a method of using politically motivated censorship as a weapon. This is probably THE most common type of politically motivated censorship that I have seen in all the different political board sites that I post in.

Slade3200 reminded me of another way that politically motivated censorship is used as a weapon, in the thread that he was trying to derail about how usmb would look without all the politically motivated censorship. Conflating politically motivated censorship with site rules. This is a fallacy. Alleging that rules were broken in order to dishonestly justify censorship is a method of using politically motivated censorship as a weapon. This is probably THE most common type of politically motivated censorship that I have seen in all the different political board sites that I post in.
Hahahaha. How in the world was I detailing anything?! I’ve been addressing the subject the whole time. Can you give an example of something that was censored that complied with the rules?

Hahahaha. How in the world was I detailing anything?! I’ve been addressing the subject the whole time. Can you give an example of something that was censored that complied with the rules?
I can provide plenty of examples of censorship of rule compliant content. In order for me to comply with the rules of this site however, I am not to discuss "specific" moderator actions, I can only discuss general moderator actions. I can post that the censorship team here is corrupt and that they are politically censoring content, but the rules forbid me from discussing which one of them did what. I can also say that they want and need that corrupt level of protection. Remember that they would not need that veil of anonymity or to even use politically motivated censorship if they weren't holding the weaker hand.

A killer who murders fewer people than other killers do is still a murderer. The censorship team here stays VERY busy.
What are they censoring ?...cause I've done some pretty raucous disturbing shit here and they've let it go ...I'm sure under the objection on chief sitting bullshit artist

I can provide plenty of examples of censorship of rule compliant content. In order for me to comply with the rules of this site however, I am not to discuss "specific" moderator actions, I can only discuss general moderator actions. I can post that the censorship team here is corrupt and that they are politically censoring content, but the rules forbid me from discussing which one of them did what. I can also say that they want and need that corrupt level of protection. Remember that they would not need that veil of anonymity or to even use politically motivated censorship if they weren't holding the weaker hand.
I dont care who did what. Just post the context of your post that got censored

I dont care who did what. Just post the context of your post that got censored
I am willing to do this side show, but as usual, I request that you first demonstrate that you read and understood the opening post, and that you understand the thread premise, and why the thread title. Once we have this established, I'm willing to engage in the sideshow.

I am willing to do this side show, but as usual, I request that you first demonstrate that you read and understood the opening post, and that you understand the thread premise, and why the thread title. Once we have this established, I'm willing to engage in the sideshow.
You want to discuss what this board would look like without censorship… now your turn

You want to discuss what this board would look like without censorship… now your turn
Wrong. Go back to the opening post and look again. Let's settle what the title, opening post, and premise are about, then we can do the sideshow.

When we see threads getting moved, threads getting deleted, posts getting deleted, and the use of bold red font, we are seeing politically motivated censorship. Those who rely upon this type of censorship will support and defend this corruption like their lives depend on it, as described in post 4. They will justify the use of it, they will always have some reason why it is important, and they will try to disguise it with euphemisms like safe zones, library organization, or enforcing rules. When we see this stuff on political boards, it is politically motivated censorship. It is NOTHING like enforcing rules on non political board sites.

ALMOST to the point where maybe mod staff should give you a moderation free week at USMB so everyone can see what happens to the board in less than 72 hours.

You have a "rules" and organizational policy issue. Not a moderation issue. If there are RULES you dont agree with, that would be a more productive discussion. We ARE a "discussion board" and will remain so, because the OLDEST form of "social media" WERE message boards. And they ARE still relevant -- or at least USMB moderation believes that.

Cant FIND moderators without "political opinions". Cant choose members according to political opinions and dont need to do either of those things. WHY?????????

Because the rules and policies are so SIMPLE, and transparent that we have loyal members that have stuck with us for over a decade. WHY??????

Because we (mod staff) are not shadowy algorithms. The simple ass rules are CLEARLY spelled out for each zone and forum. And we offer the BROADEST CHOICE of moderation levels on USMB (to my knowledge) than ANY OTHER social media site.

So get some skin in the game. WHAT POSTS SHOULD BE DELETED? What forums are "LESSER" than others? What CHANGES to the rules would you like to make?

Last edited:
An interesting side note about censorship-

On another site that I've been visiting recently, the site is a safe haven for racists. They forbid their members from calling racists what they are. They back up their racist sanctuary policy with temp bans and super authoritative censorship. We may have a lot of censorship corruption here, but it isn't as bad as some of the other sites. Politically motivated censorship is everywhere people have the power or authority to use it, and it is ALWAYS used to supplement a weaker hand.

AH... THere it is. RULES and POLICY is the key to USMB offering any value at all. And mods here have actually VERY LITTLE latitude to deviate from them. The strong hand HERE -- are the rules tailored to GETTING topical discussion and NOT THE personal poking and flaming you lust for.

Forum List

Back