Censorship as a weapon

EvMetro

Platinum Member
Mar 10, 2017
Politically motivated censorship is one of the big things that defines our current political landscape, so it needs to be talked about. Politically motivated censorship is the ugliest type of censorship, and this is the kind of censorship that poisons our community here at USMB, it poisons our governments and corporations, and it corrupts our media.

Politically motivated censorship is absolutely the type of censorship that corrupts political discussion boards. We don't see it on gardening or engineering discussion boards, but most political discussion boards are dominated by this political weapon. Politically motivated censorship is an ugly form of cheating and corruption that is compounded by even more cheating and corruption that is used to cover up what it is. If you are on a political discussion site, you can be assured that whatever censorship you are seeing, it is ABSOLUTELY politically motivated corruption.

Politically motivated censorship may be a shameful way to cheat, but there is something good that we can take from it. What lefties always fail to see is that pictures are worth a thousand words. When a censor does his shameful deed, the picture he leaves is that he was holding the weaker hand. Why else does one cheat? If you are winning, there is no need to cheat! If you are debating on a political site, censorship paints the same picture as a mob of lefties derailing a thread with a bunch of posts that evade the topic. Censors and lefties both cheat, but it is because they cannot produce superior arguments or logic. If you are politically censored on a big tech site, there will never be superior logic available to justify it.

When you see politically motivated censorship, you are seeing who has the weaker hand.

What I find particularly arch is the obviousness of the agenda behind censorship coupled with people's utter inability to see it. We are taught in schools from an early age to believe what we are told instead of what we observe, and precious few individuals are capable of breaking free from this mind set due to socialization.

In any case, the left is now the least liberal element of our population, and the way leftists embrace censorship is just one of the more salient examples of such.

censorshipishate2.jpg

Politically motivated censorship is one of the big things that defines our current political landscape,
Currently, such censorship is a favored tactic by the right. Witness the frenzy of book burnings the right is inflicting on libraries and schools across the nation, and all the abortion gag rules, all punishable by imprisonment.

Needless to say, every rightie on this thread is giddy with joy to see the state stomping on free speech in such ways. Just watch them all run to defend it now.

Also needless to say, you don't see the left doing any censorship at all. The left supports freedom of speech, while the right is largely composed of Stalinists.

If any of the righties disagree, perhaps they can get specific about what horrible censorship has been inflicted upon them. If they're not all lying for the glory of Stalinism, they should have no problem doing that, instead of just generically whining about oppression.

This is where righties will claim that a private organization choosing not to subsidize their propaganda is "censorship". Righties, please proceed. What else can you do, after all?

When we see threads getting moved, threads getting deleted, posts getting deleted, and the use of bold red font, we are seeing politically motivated censorship. Those who rely upon this type of censorship will support and defend this corruption like their lives depend on it, as described in post 4. They will justify the use of it, they will always have some reason why it is important, and they will try to disguise it with euphemisms like safe zones, library organization, or enforcing rules. When we see this stuff on political boards, it is politically motivated censorship. It is NOTHING like enforcing rules on non political board sites.

You are completely full of shit.
I mean, even more than usual.
The low level spam that mamooth posted is relevant to politically motivated censorship, believe it or not. The power of having a mob of low-level posters derail a thread with juvenile comments can indeed devalue and run a good thread into the ground, and this power to silence a political opponent is also available to those who do not even have the administrative muscle to censor. It certainly brings the community atmosphere to a darker and more juvenile level, but it works. Lefties have been doing this to their political opponents for a long time, using a bullhorn and a crowd of screaming goons to silence respectable speakers who they cannot outwit.

The low level spam that mamooth posted is relevant to politically motivated censorship, believe it or not. The power of having a mob of low-level posters derail a thread with juvenile comments can indeed devalue and run a good thread into the ground, and this power to silence a political opponent is also available to those who do not even have the administrative muscle to censor. It certainly brings the community atmosphere to a darker and more juvenile level, but it works. Lefties have been doing this to their political opponents for a long time, using a bullhorn and a crowd of screaming goons to silence respectable speakers who they cannot outwit.

These little proles think freedom is slavery and their ignorance, strength.

Mark this one down as an enthusiastic defender of the current right-wing censorship crusade. Why else would he deflect and run like that?
Who the hell is deflecting? Who the hell is running?
I am responding DIRECTLY to your bullshit (read false) comment, dumb ass.
I am against all censorship.
Try again.

The low level spam that mamooth posted
Got it. You couldn't address any of it, so you're deflecting. Yes, it is that obvious.

Don't try to hide it anymore. You get a serious tingle up the leg whenever your side bans yet another book, makes more death threats to teachers and librarians, or threatens to have the big state prosecute anyone who talks about abortion. Whenever DearLeaderTrump told his followers to physically attack the media, or threatened to have the federal government censor the media, you fell to the ground writhing in helpless ecstasy.

Now, lets get back to what prompted you to deflect and run.

Specifically, how have you been censored? Name a specific incident of what you claim is "being censored by the left".

If you're not lying for the glory of Stalinism, that should be easy to do. You wouldn't answer, which indicates you _are_ lying for the glory of Stalinism.

Let's test that claim.

Do you unequivocally condemn Trump for telling his followers to physically assault the media?

Do you oppose Republican state laws that criminalize even talking about abortion?

Do you oppose the current Republican book-banning crusade?

Who the hell is deflecting? Who the hell is running?
Try again.
mamooth is only here on this thread to support and defend censorship. He wants to derail the thread with the notion that censorship is a righty thing, or whatever else comes up to spam the thread. This is one of many ways lefties fight to support and defend censorship. Watch carefully, and he will present never ending new thread topic ideas.

mamooth is only
After being directly asked twice, you still refuse to explain how the left is supposedly censoring you.

I keep directly addressing your thread topic. You keep running from your own thread topic.

Everyone sees it. You tried LyingForTheGloryOfTheParty. You got busted. You're only embarrassing yourself now.

One of the most corrupt methods of censorship that we see on political board sites is thread moving. Thread moving censorship is particularly vile because it is two layers of cheating instead of one. The first layer of corruption is the polically motivated move to a more obscure place on the forum or to a subforum that has a juvenile name that suppresses the author's intent. The second layer of corruption is the euphemism that is used to disguise the censorship. I've heard this censorship referred to as library organization, rule enforcement, and even "necessary."

Dogmaphobe recently gave an excellent summary of thread moving censorship in a different thread, I'll quote it here:

"It's actually a form of censorship more insidious than if the posts were simply removed in that it establishes editorial control over content in such a way that certain ideas are de-legitimized while others are promoted as legitimate."

I recently posted this:

"Moving threads is censorship. Using authority to redefine content by relocating it to conspiracy is censorship. Requiring election fraud threads to be started in conspiracy theory suggests that the author believes it is conspiracy. Getting revenge on your opponents by moving threads to subforums that have juvenile or derogatory names is censorship. Even if you use bold red letters to say that this vile form of censorship isn't what it is, it will still be censorship. Even if you state that it is not censorship and then close the thread so you have the last word, it is still censorship."

Please add to this if you have more on it.

Last edited:
Another member on another site summarized thread movement censorship like this:

What you don't see is the subtle censorship of posts being reclassified into the obscure corners of the forum. Many if not most reclassifications are legit but in there they hide illegitimate moves too. Especially powerful posts moved into oblivion. Very clever for some admins too do.

When admins who rely upon censorship read through this thread, they do not think of my presentation on censorship the same way that a freedom loving patriot does. Instead of seeing it as a topic that is relevant to our current political landscape, they see a challenge to their authority. Instead of objectively adding more ideas to this political hot topic, they are plotting, ironically, how to use their authority and the very corruption that this thread is about to suppress me and the thread. If they were not engaged in this kind of corruption, they would be able to contribute to the discussion.

Forum List

Back