Cenk Uygur pleads with Young Turks Staff to not unionize

From the link:
At the meeting however, Uygur reportedly gave a spirited argument against the decision to unionize, according to staffers who attended, at one point throwing his papers on the ground and reprimanding an employee.
“The reality is we’re in a precarious position,” Uygur said. “We’re in a digital media landscape where almost no one makes money or is sustainable.”

The standard refrain from the left is that if a business is not making enough money to pay a good wage, they should go out of business.

Lol.

Mark

Union hell. If they really wanted to show off their progressive bono fides, they would reform into a co-operative. :71:

I'm surprised that lib viewers and customers would even patronize or listen to a Scab news network. They are all a bunch of hypocrites, not just Mr. Uygur

This is always how it is. Left-wingers are always pro-Union until they are the ones who have to pay the bill.

Just like they are pro-free-education, as long as they don't believe they'll have to pay for it.

In fact every left-wing position is based on the mythology that someone else will pay the bill. Just had a friend on Facebook point this out in a post, and immediately someone posted Bernies web site, saying all the costs would magically be paid for by "the rich", which there is no "the rich", it just a phrase that means "everyone with more than me". Problem is, there's a bunch of people who have less than you, who when they say "everyone with more than me" means you.

This is how it always is. Economics only matters when suddenly you are the one who has to pay the bill.

This is always how it is. Left-wingers are always pro-Union until they are the ones who have to pay the bill.

Just like they are pro-free-education, as long as they don't believe they'll have to pay for it.

In fact every left-wing position is based on the mythology that someone else will pay the bill. Just had a friend on Facebook point this out in a post, and immediately someone posted Bernies web site, saying all the costs would magically be paid for by "the rich", which there is no "the rich", it just a phrase that means "everyone with more than me". Problem is, there's a bunch of people who have less than you, who when they say "everyone with more than me" means you.

This is how it always is. Economics only matters when suddenly you are the one who has to pay the bill.

That is fantastic.

Forum List

Back