CDC Revises Death Toll. Halves It

The CDC is currently reporting that only a total of 38,576 deaths were the result of COVID-19 exposure......but for some reason the hostile Democrat Controlled Press has been reporting over 70,000. What gives?

Snopes was quick to claim this is not a reduction......

Here's the current death count:

That's not the current count, there is a delay in reporting that's explained on the page; there's already a thread on this, CDC Revises Death Toll. Halves It ; good job. ;)
Somebody needs to merge this shit before too many people see it.

The CDC is currently reporting that only a total of 38,576 deaths were the result of COVID-19 exposure......but for some reason the hostile Democrat Controlled Press has been reporting over 70,000. What gives?

I laughed at CNN doing political spin math.
They said the new estimate of deaths will be 174 thousand, double they said, of the estimated to die in the U.S., however that estimate of 200 thousand means 174 is 13% less then estimated not 100% more.
But we can see by this numbers game they revel in more deaths so they can claim we opwned to soon and pin all this on everyone but the Mayor and Governor and missing Senator of NY.

Just read the actual website, dude.

This is printed at the bottom of the chart:
NOTE: Number of deaths reported in this table are the total number of deaths received and coded as of the date of analysis and do not represent all deaths that occurred in that period. The United States population, based on 2018 postcensal estimates from the U.S. Census Bureau, is 327,167,434.
*Data during this period are incomplete because of the lag in time between when the death occurred and when the death certificate is completed, submitted to NCHS and processed for reporting purposes. This delay can range from 1 week to 8 weeks or more, depending on the jurisdiction, age, and cause of death.

Snopes is Fake News!*

*unless it says something I think supports my narrative

:lol:

Oh wow what a surprise something that is in the same family as the common cold isn't very deadly, shocking

who could have guessed this?

beyond our media in January?

I expect an apology to myself and everyone else who was correct on this issue. I don't want to hear any quibbling about how quarantining healthy people saved us all. We don't all live in the cess pool that is NY.

Just accept you're excitable little fuckwits and bow down to my level headed political analysis.

Did you even read the article? it clearly says that the data is incomplete, it does not account for all deaths due to the lag time between the death and when death certificate issued, but I'm not surprised if your leader the pussygrabber can not read, what you would expect of his cult members. Even the chinese are mocking pussygraber in chief...

China Mocks U.S. Coronavirus Reaction In Animated Video
By Tom Grater
Tom Grater
International Film Reporter
@tomsmoviesMore Stories By Tom
May 4, 2020 2:45am
screenshot-2020-05-04-at-10.40.09.png

Youtube
Chinese state media agency Xinhua News has released a video mocking the U.S. government’s response to the coronavirus pandemic.
Published on its Youtube channel, Once Upon A Virus features two lego-like characters, one a Chinese warrior and the other the Statute of Liberty, having an exchange about the progression of the virus.
“We discovered a new virus,” says the Chinese character. “So what?” Is the U.S. character’s reply.
“It’s dangerous” is then met by “it’s only a flu”, and “stay at home” is met by “it’s violating human rights”, with a similar back-and-forth taking place throughout its 1.46 runtime.

Here's Snopes.com trying to scramble and muddy the waters in an attempt to coverup the obvious:

In other words, CDC reports 38k deaths, and Snopes says they lie, cuz they are still looking at the numbers.

The problem is, the official count is currently 38k.

However, if Dr. Birx has her way, anyone who dies since January, and was aware of COVID-19 before they died, then their death was a COVID-19 death.

NOTE: Number of deaths reported in this table are the total number of deaths received and coded as of the date of analysis and do not represent all deaths that occurred in that period. The United States population, based on 2018 postcensal estimates from the U.S. Census Bureau, is 327,167,434.
*Data during this period are incomplete because of the lag in time between when the death occurred and when the death certificate is completed, submitted to NCHS and processed for reporting purposes. This delay can range from 1 week to 8 weeks or more, depending on the jurisdiction, age, and cause of death.
Course you can't seem to figure out that not all unreported deaths they're talking about have anything to do with COVID-19......much as you would hope they were. THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT ALL DEATHS....NOT JUST COVID-19 DEATHS.

Course the deaths that have been reported as COVID-19 aren't varified.....so you assume they are all legit.

Course you can't seem to figure out that not all unreported deaths they're talking about have anything to do with COVID-19......much as you would hope they were. THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT ALL DEATHS....NOT JUST COVID-19 DEATHS.

Course the deaths that have been reported as COVID-19 aren't varified.....so you assume they are all legit.

Nope. I understand that point just fine. But it's also irrelevant and a very desperate attempt to say anything to diffuse the criticism.

I know that not all unreported deaths will have anything to do with COVID-19. However, some will, which means that the numbers will increase. It also means that there was no downward revision, only that the CDC is behind in the tally.

Nope. I understand that point just fine. But it's also irrelevant and a very desperate attempt to say anything to diffuse the criticism.

I know that not all unreported deaths will have anything to do with COVID-19. However, some will, which means that the numbers will increase. It also means that there was no downward revision, only that the CDC is behind in the tally.
The numbers will increase (cross your little liberal fingers) but the media is reporting during presidential press conferences that we went over 70,000 last week....and we find out that less than 39,000 could be verified.....and even some of those are questionable.

But maybe if you say a few Hail Marys you'll get your quota of corpses eventually.

The numbers will increase (cross your little liberal fingers) but the media is reporting during presidential press conferences that we went over 70,000 last week....and we find out that less than 39,000 could be verified.....and even some of those are questionable.

But maybe if you say a few Hail Marys you'll get your quota of corpses eventually.

You’re wrong. No one has said that less than 39,000 have been verified, just that some people are more up to date with the data than the CDC.

It’s a simple misunderstanding. No big deal.

You’re wrong. No one has said that less than 39,000 have been verified, just that some people are more up to date with the data than the CDC.

Yeah.....the people that actually keep track of the statistics don't know as much about it as the liberally biased media.
The actual government agency that deals with infectious diseases doesn't know what they're talking about....cuz they just pissed in your cornflakes.

Yeah.....the people that actually keep track of the statistics don't know as much about it as the liberally biased media.
The actual government agency that deals with infectious diseases doesn't know what they're talking about....cuz they just pissed in your cornflakes.
Well, no, actually. There’s lots of people who keep track of statistics. In this instance, you’re ignoring what some of them are saying about the completeness of their data.

Oh wow what a surprise something that is in the same family as the common cold isn't very deadly, shocking

who could have guessed this?

beyond our media in January?

I expect an apology to myself and everyone else who was correct on this issue. I don't want to hear any quibbling about how quarantining healthy people saved us all. We don't all live in the cess pool that is NY.

Just accept you're excitable little fuckwits and bow down to my level headed political analysis.
Note: Provisional death counts are based on death certificate data received and coded by the National Center for Health Statistics as of May 4, 2020. Death counts are delayed and may differ from other published sources (see Technical Notes). Counts will be updated periodically. Additional information will be added to this site as available.

Fauci said we'd have 2,000,000 dead, remember?
IF WE DIDN'T mitigate...social distance...lock down...etc.

Why would you lie about that?
All the estimates after the initial 2 million estimate included the lockdown in their assumptions.

2 million didn't though - it was an estimate of what would happen if we go about our life as normal. DUH
So? The estimate of one million did.

We are talking about 2 million, not one million - what don't you get?

And do you have a link for 1 million projection assuming shutdowns?
I don't get the part where you believe we can only talk about the facts you want to talk about.

You butted into the conversation and started talking about something else.

I'm saying address what you are responding to. Crazy eh?

Be that as it may, you claimed that 1 million estimate included shutdowns effects. I'm saying SHOW IT.
This thread is about Fauci's record of incompetance at predicting COVID-19 deaths, not just his first one, shit for brains.

Non-response as expected.

The moron parade just never ends.

ONE MORE TIME:

CDC is reporting the same ~70k count.

CDC ALSO provides Provisional Data, which lags standard daily count BY 2 WEEKS.

ONE MORE TIME:

moron alert....I just got those figures today.
I posted the link....try reading it.

ONE MORE TIME:

Moron how about reading your damn links? Those are PROVISIONAL numbers, which LAG daily count by 1-2 weeks.

Death counts are delayed and may differ from other published sources

Here is the official number again, from CDC, from today:

updated on May 4, 2020 - TOTAL DEATHS 67,456

Last edited:

ONE MORE TIME:

Moron how about reading your damn links? Those are PROVISIONAL numbers, which LAG daily count by 1-2 weeks.

Death counts are delayed and may differ from other published sources

Here is the official number again, from CDC, from today:

updated on May 4, 2020 - TOTAL DEATHS 67,456
MORON!!! Try explaining how the MSM got to over 70,000 last week when even your bullshit count is only 67,456 on May 4, 2020?
Here's a clue.....THEY'RE FUCKING LYING!!!

They've been fudging the numbers all along, DICKHEAD.

My chart comes from the CDC and isn't a prediction....it is the stats from deaths that have been officially recorded.......yours doesn't make that stipulation....so it is a prediction rather than an official record.

But don't worry....I'm sure if you wait......maybe you'll get your body-count eventually.....but it will never be over a million like you were hoping for. Just be patient and hope the final tally is a big number, you degenerate.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back