CDC Revises Death Toll. Halves It

Juicin

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2016

Oh wow what a surprise something that is in the same family as the common cold isn't very deadly, shocking

who could have guessed this?

beyond our media in January?

I expect an apology to myself and everyone else who was correct on this issue. I don't want to hear any quibbling about how quarantining healthy people saved us all. We don't all live in the cess pool that is NY.

Just accept you're excitable little fuckwits and bow down to my level headed political analysis.

PJW.jpg

This is a big deal.

Or am I reading this wrong ?

It's a really big deal, they're admitting they have no fucking idea who is dying from covid and who isn't.

Halved it straight up lol

Almost all flu deaths each year are really pneumonia deaths. All this respitory shit is connected not clear how they figure it out...If they do at all

Oh wow what a surprise something that is in the same family as the common cold isn't very deadly, shocking

I expect an apology to myself and everyone else who was correct on this issue. I don't want to hear any quibbling about how quarantining healthy people saved us all. We don't all live in the cess pool that is NY.

Just accept you're excitable little fuckwits and bow down to my level headed political analysis.
Great another number game. Visit a Covid-19 ward and gather you own numbers. Here is something else on that page you linked to:
Why these numbers are different

Provisional death counts may not match counts from other sources, such as media reports or numbers from county health departments. Our counts often track 1–2 weeks behind other data for a number of reasons

I do not know where this is all going to end up. Sincerely hope you are proven right.

I'm really sick of libtards saying that covid19 is more contagious than the common flu. 34 MILLION FUCKING PEOPLE got the flu last year EVEN WITH A FLU VACCINE AVAILABLE. Here we are in the 5th month of the year and we're at a tad over 1 million with covid19. The flu is 10-15 times more contagious.

Great another number game. Visit a Covid-19 ward and gather you own numbers. Here is something else on that page you linked to:

Provisional death counts may not match counts from other sources, such as media reports or numbers from county health departments. Our counts often track 1–2 weeks behind other data for a number of reasons

I do not know where this is all going to end up. Sincerely hope you are proven right.
Went right over your head, didn't it?

The numbers the press use are almost always the CDC number when referencing actual overall deaths

projected deaths they look to other sources

Can anyone say in plain English what this means?

. Deaths involving coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), pneumonia, and influenza reported to NCHS by week ending date, United States. Week ending 2/1/2020 to 4/25/2020.*

Those numbers are behind a lot of the other places you'll see. They only go up to the week ended 4/25, and I don't think they have all the deaths from that week yet (based on how many fewer deaths are listed for that week compared to the 2 weeks prior). If you add another 7000 or so to equal the prior week, then another 10000 to include the week just passed, you'd end up at around 54000. That's a bit lower than other numbers, but it also assumes that the number of deaths didn't rise in the past couple of weeks. So the data on that page is a week or two behind, and would certainly be expected to rise quite a bit considering the most recent numbers.

In addition, the CDC also has a current tally which sits at over 65000. The data from the provisional death count comes from death certificates coded by the National Center for Health Statistics. The more current tally comes from "U.S. public health jurisdictions and the National Notifiable Diseases Surveillance System (NNDSS)." So how the data is received should be taken into account. Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in the U.S.

In other words, this seems like much ado about nothing. Unless the OP can show that the CDC listed a much higher number of deaths and then changed it, I don't know what the issue is.

The numbers the press use are almost always the CDC number when referencing actual overall deaths

projected deaths they look to other sources
CDC...C D Cash!

Next time read the CDC description:

"Therefore, the data shown on this page may be incomplete, and will likely not include all deaths that occurred during a given time period, especially for the more recent time periods. Death counts for earlier weeks are continually revised and may increase or decrease as new and updated death certificate data are received from the states by NCHS. COVID-19 death counts shown here may differ from other published sources, as data currently are lagged by an average of 1–2 weeks."

They say that they are lets say 2 weeks behind... What was the death toll 2 weeks ago... 35,815.....

Are we getting desperate....

No surprise there, CDC numbers are FAKE to make Tramp look better.
Real Trump-45 virus body count is 68,598.
Look at the excessive death numbers form same report...

These look worse

Trumpsters have been playing down numbers but the expected against acyual mortality rates shown that virus could be very much under counted..

Are there screenshots of what it said before? The higher number was all flu related deaths and media reported that as covid I thought. No idea honestly anymore.

Forum List

Back