CDC Revises Death Toll. Halves It

Oh wow what a surprise something that is in the same family as the common cold isn't very deadly, shocking

who could have guessed this?

beyond our media in January?

I expect an apology to myself and everyone else who was correct on this issue. I don't want to hear any quibbling about how quarantining healthy people saved us all. We don't all live in the cess pool that is NY.

Just accept you're excitable little fuckwits and bow down to my level headed political analysis.
I looked at your link, but I didn't see them halve anything or say it isn't very deadly.

Oh wow what a surprise something that is in the same family as the common cold isn't very deadly, shocking

I expect an apology to myself and everyone else who was correct on this issue. I don't want to hear any quibbling about how quarantining healthy people saved us all. We don't all live in the cess pool that is NY.

Just accept you're excitable little fuckwits and bow down to my level headed political analysis.
Obama is going to demand a refund from the ChiCom bioweapons team

I looked at your link, but I didn't see them halve anything or say it isn't very deadly.

He used the link with no pictures, so you may have to read the data. Right next to the words "Total deaths".

...hey nutters, time to learn to READ YOUR OWN LINKS.

Provisional death counts in this report will not match counts in other sources, such as media reports or numbers from county health departments.

Provisional counts reported here track approximately 1–2 weeks behind other published data sources on the number of COVID-19 deaths in the U.S. (1,2,3).

Yes, two weeks ago there were 30k deaths.

Last edited:

What the hell?

Obama is going to demand a refund from the ChiCom bioweapons team

EVIDENCE

Trump has tried to blame everyone so he can distract from his failure to prepare and response to the virus...
He said he has evidence but that evidence doesn't come from the intelligence or scientific community...

Trump has shown in the past to believe dubious sources to make a case... We would like to see his source...
I would like to know how is this source financed and does the Congress and Senate know about this?

So if some thug in Chicago is taken to a hospital shot between the eyes and he tests positive for Wuhan, he's a covid victim?

From the link

Why these numbers are different

Provisional death counts may not match counts from other sources, such as media reports or numbers from county health departments. Our counts often track 1–2 weeks behind other data for a number of reasons: Death certificates take time to be completed. There are many steps involved in completing and submitting a death certificate. Waiting for test results can create additional delays. States report at different rates. Currently, 63% of all U.S. deaths are reported within 10 days of the date of death, but there is significant variation among jurisdictions. It takes extra time to code COVID-19 deaths. While 80% of deaths are electronically processed and coded by NCHS within minutes, most deaths from COVID-19 must be coded manually, which takes an average of 7 days. Other reporting systems use different definitions or methods for counting deaths.

How many more millions can we lose ...especially after the 972,000 who died in world war three

Sardar_Qasem_Soleimani-01.jpg

Isn’t very deadly?

68,000 and counting.

yea...

From the link

Why these numbers are different

Provisional death counts may not match counts from other sources, such as media reports or numbers from county health departments. Our counts often track 1–2 weeks behind other data for a number of reasons: Death certificates take time to be completed. There are many steps involved in completing and submitting a death certificate. Waiting for test results can create additional delays. States report at different rates. Currently, 63% of all U.S. deaths are reported within 10 days of the date of death, but there is significant variation among jurisdictions. It takes extra time to code COVID-19 deaths. While 80% of deaths are electronically processed and coded by NCHS within minutes, most deaths from COVID-19 must be coded manually, which takes an average of 7 days. Other reporting systems use different definitions or methods for counting deaths.

Jack,

Look at these numbers... This not only put the over counting argument to bed but raises the question of under counting

This comes from the OP report, just a different section.

This using the expected deaths against actual and as you can see there is a margin which is only rarely broken (the 1 Jan 2018 was a massive cold spell)...

As of Weekending April 18th the CDC had excess deaths at 50,000 from previous three weeks(from the graph)
Yet the body count on the day was 34,000 (COVID-19 pandemic in the United States - Wikipedia) minus the 2000 that died before that three weeks.
That gives us 32,000 deaths in that three week window.

The 18,000 difference over 3 weeks or 6000 deaths per week.

This would suggest there has either been:
  • unexplained reason that 6000 extra people are dying in America a week (that is two 911 death tolls a week)
  • We have been undercounting COVID-19 deaths
That is the question I would ask Dr Fauci in the next press conference...

...hey nutters, time to learn to READ YOUR OWN LINKS.

Provisional death counts in this report will not match counts in other sources, such as media reports or numbers from county health departments.

Provisional counts reported here track approximately 1–2 weeks behind other published data sources on the number of COVID-19 deaths in the U.S. (1,2,3).

Yes, two weeks ago there were 30k deaths.
It doubled in 2 weeks? Really?

Forum List

Back