Zone1 Catholic Church Is a Cult

I referred to it in a very sarcastic manner.

Do I need to hold your hand all the way through this? If so, here you go: I don't believe there is a heaven.

Now, I'm asking you: Where is it?
Why ask about something in which you have no belief and therefore no interest?

This thread my friends is a fine example of why the founding fathers wanted to keep religion out of government. As can be seen by those who say we are a Christian nation, Christians can’t agree who is a Christian. Yeah, let’s go back to the days of the reformation and counter-reformation, remember reading about those good times?
Cults are numerous.
Including the athiest cult.

Why ask about something in which you have no belief and therefore no interest?
Why do you equate belief to interest? They're not mutually exclusive... right?

I don't believe a cow is sacred either, but I'm interested in the history and legacy of such beliefs. I may be wrong.

Now, there is no heaven.... change my mind.

Everything the Bible says about Jesus.
And that's all you have?
Why can’t you find Bibles inside a Catholic Church?
Catholics are not merely People of the Book. We are People of the Word (which includes Bible, Tradition, Teaching). And the Word, Jesus, is found always in Catholic Churches, as are his teachings, and as are the portions of the Bible we focus on during the current liturgical year. (It takes three liturgical years for us to go through the entire Bible.

Now, there is no heaven.... change my mind.
Let's begin with this:

What is the make-up of a human being? My belief is that all humans are made up of body, mind, and soul/spirit. What is your belief?

And that's all you have?

Catholics are not merely People of the Book. We are People of the Word (which includes Bible, Tradition, Teaching). And the Word, Jesus, is found always in Catholic Churches, as are his teachings, and as are the portions of the Bible we focus on during the current liturgical year. (It takes three liturgical years for us to go through the entire Bible.
“Of the book”

You validate the OP.

Catholic Church is as much Christian as Islam is.

“Of the book”

You validate the OP.

Catholic Church is as much Christian as Islam is.
Then you misunderstand. The Catholic Church is People of the Word. We accept the Old Testament, the New Testament, Apostolic traditions and teachings. If your Christian denomination rejects Catholicism, it rejects a significant amount of Christianity.

Then you misunderstand. The Catholic Church is People of the Word. We accept the Old Testament, the New Testament, Apostolic traditions and teachings. If your Christian denomination rejects Catholicism, it rejects a significant amount of Christianity.
Your cult pisses on Jesus. You piss on the Bible. Salvation has ZERO to do with your cult, and NO MAN SHALL BE CALLED FATHER

Your cult pisses on Jesus. You piss on the Bible. Salvation has ZERO to do with your cult, and NO MAN SHALL BE CALLED FATHER
Go back to the etymology of that passage...continue on with how the Apostles addressed those who listened to them. Consider the number of definitions many words--including Father--have. If that's the best you have, you truly have nothing. By the way 'Mister, Missus, Miss, Teacher' etc. fall into the same category. When is your next school board meeting? Will you be there to protest students using "Mr., Mrs. Mrs. and teacher?"

Go back to the etymology of that passage...continue on with how the Apostles addressed those who listened to them. Consider the number of definitions many words--including Father--have. If that's the best you have, you truly have nothing. By the way 'Mister, Missus, Miss, Teacher' etc. fall into the same category. When is your next school board meeting? Will you be there to protest students using "Mr., Mrs. Mrs. and teacher?"
And do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.

Pretty clear to everyone not a cultist.

You piss on Jesus.

Let's begin with this:

What is the make-up of a human being? My belief is that all humans are made up of body, mind, and soul/spirit. What is your belief?
I agree with that. I like to think of myself as "agnostic, but flexible". I do think there is a greater power behind this mess, but I don't think we have the capacity to understand it. Most of all, I don't think we need 'organized religion' to get in touch with that greater power.... call him God, I'm fine with that. And lastly, I doubt seriously if God's plan is to leave 70% of the planet behind who do not believe that Christ is the only way.

In summary, I feel like I'm spiritual, but it's personal connection between me and God - and I don't need to fund Joel Osteen's next Bugatti to facilitate that connection.

I agree with that. I like to think of myself as "agnostic, but flexible". I do think there is a greater power behind this mess, but I don't think we have the capacity to understand it.
We may be closer in beliefs than I first thought. My perspective: Would God want us to wait until we die to be united with him? I believe God wants that relationship while we are also living here. Jesus taught that the Kingdom of God was within the reach of everyone, and that no reaches God except through him. Who is Jesus? He is the Word. Think about this, living a life with no words. I come up with one word to describe this situation: Empty. Humans need words to connect with anyone with whom they wish to have a relationship. To communicate with God, we need God's Word. God's Word is not just a bunch of letters and sounds, it is a Way of Life.

Who is to teach us this way of life? That is the purpose of....
Most of all, I don't think we need 'organized religion' to get in touch with that greater power.... call him God, I'm fine with that.
....organized religion. How far do most go in trying to teach themselves anything? I could sit here with my paper, watercolors, and paintbrush and try to teach myself. Didn't get too far until I found a couple of books, Googled Watercolor steps, and teachers on Youtube.
And lastly, I doubt seriously if God's plan is to leave 70% of the planet behind who do not believe that Christ is the only way.
You may have that percentage backwards. Right now, what percentage of the population wants God in their lives so badly they are willing to put all else aside to make room for him? I think thirty percent would be a generous number.

You asked me earlier about heaven. I tend to forget about heaven. I want God right here, right now. I want to spend each day here on earth in the Kingdom. I get there through God's Word--both Old and New Testament words, because they contain the Word of God. But God's Word is not limited to the Bible. God's word is oral, in novels, fables, myths, songs, and poetry. God's Word has the power to reach all. Was it a novel or a biography that inspired you, or was it the Words?
In summary, I feel like I'm spiritual, but it's personal connection between me and God - and I don't need to fund Joel Osteen's next Bugatti to facilitate that connection.
Are you missed at family gatherings, even for something simple as missing the family dinner? An attitude of, "It's me and God and no one else", especially with you teaching yourself, is bound to get stagnant. God doesn't want stagnation for you any more than you want it for yourself. Join the family. Share.

My own summary is "Accept Jesus as Lord and Savior and you are saved" limits and I am more of a, "They drew a line to shut us out, but we had the will and wit to win. We drew a circle that drew them in." That's what God's Word does, no matter what faith. By using God's Word, it draws people into communication and a relationship with him. Right here on earth.

We may be closer in beliefs than I first thought. My perspective: Would God want us to wait until we die to be united with him? I believe God wants that relationship while we are also living here. Jesus taught that the Kingdom of God was within the reach of everyone, and that no reaches God except through him. Who is Jesus? He is the Word. Think about this, living a life with no words. I come up with one word to describe this situation: Empty. Humans need words to connect with anyone with whom they wish to have a relationship. To communicate with God, we need God's Word. God's Word is not just a bunch of letters and sounds, it is a Way of Life.

Who is to teach us this way of life? That is the purpose of....

....organized religion. How far do most go in trying to teach themselves anything? I could sit here with my paper, watercolors, and paintbrush and try to teach myself. Didn't get too far until I found a couple of books, Googled Watercolor steps, and teachers on Youtube.

You may have that percentage backwards. Right now, what percentage of the population wants God in their lives so badly they are willing to put all else aside to make room for him? I think thirty percent would be a generous number.

You asked me earlier about heaven. I tend to forget about heaven. I want God right here, right now. I want to spend each day here on earth in the Kingdom. I get there through God's Word--both Old and New Testament words, because they contain the Word of God. But God's Word is not limited to the Bible. God's word is oral, in novels, fables, myths, songs, and poetry. God's Word has the power to reach all. Was it a novel or a biography that inspired you, or was it the Words?

Are you missed at family gatherings, even for something simple as missing the family dinner? An attitude of, "It's me and God and no one else", especially with you teaching yourself, is bound to get stagnant. God doesn't want stagnation for you any more than you want it for yourself. Join the family. Share.

My own summary is "Accept Jesus as Lord and Savior and you are saved" limits and I am more of a, "They drew a line to shut us out, but we had the will and wit to win. We drew a circle that drew them in." That's what God's Word does, no matter what faith. By using God's Word, it draws people into communication and a relationship with him. Right here on earth.
Good stuff. Setting aside our differences with respect to connecting with God, I like wholesome people.... and you're one of them. We need a lot more of them. Good luck, peace and may God always be with you.

“It must, of course, be held as a matter of faith that outside the apostolic Roman Church no one can be saved, that the Church is the only ark of salvation, and that whoever does not enter it will perish in the flood.”
Pope Pius IX

Dozens of other popes have said the same thing.

Yet the entire ministry of Jesus the Christ was all about simply accepting Him as the Son of God in your heart makes you saved. The criminal on the cross next to Jesus went to paradise simply because he came to faith as he witnessed what was going on.

Until Martin Luther the catholic cult kept the Bible in Latin so only a select few wealthy people could actually see what the Bible really said. You were put to death for translation of the Bible into a common language.

And do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.
Mathew 23
And guess what. Yep. More anti-Biblical teachings by the Catholic cult.

Catholics have an elite class of leaders that can never be questioned and must be obeyed. Only they are allowed to interpret the Bible.

Many of the teachings of the catholic cult are non Biblical and invented by leaders of the cult. They have a 900 page book on how the Bible is to be interpreted.

The Catholic Mass was in Latin in the 1950s... Long after Martin Luther.

Forum List

Back