Car bomb in Istanbul kills 11 today

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
Car Bomb Attack Targeting Police Kills 11 People in Istanbul

I did not put this in current events because I would like to discuss the political reaction to this bombing instead.

Now if this were the UK or France or the US, this would be front line news. However, the response from the media has been lack luster to say the least. Any response from Barry? Nope, and you will probably not get one.

Why?

I say that the world simply expects this kind of violence in the Middle East and around the Middle East and especially in an Islamic country. Additionally, the PC police does not want to have the words "Islamic terrorism" used either.

It's the same reason Obama refused to refer to the Fort Hood shootings as Islamic terror, even though it was clear that it was.

Any response from Barry? Nope, and you will probably not get one.

Why?

:desk:

-- because "Barry" is not the President of Turkey?

What'd I win?

>> U.S. Ambassador to Turkey John Bass condemned the "heinous attack," saying his country continues to "stand shoulder-to-shoulder with Turkey in the fight against terrorism."

The European Union expressed solidarity with Turkey as well as its commitment to "work closely to fight the global threat of terrorism." <<​

-- that's from your own link.

But good show, climbing on the backs of 11 innocent victims to kick a political football. Yay you.

a bombing in a muslim dominated MEern country? Is this a joke?

It's a civil insurgence that's been going on over thirty years.

>> Several groups have issues with the Turkish government. Rebels of the Kurdistan Workers' Party, or PKK, have targeted police and military personnel since July, when a fragile peace process between the rebels and the government collapsed. The Islamic State group has also been blamed for a series of deadly bombings in Turkey, which is part of the U.S.-led coalition against IS.

... The PKK, considered a terrorist organization by Turkey and its allies, is fighting for autonomy for Turkey's Kurds in the southeast. The decades-long conflict has claimed 40,000 lives.

Last month, eight people were wounded in Istanbul when a car bomb targeted a military vehicle. <<​

It targeted police. I would have thought SucksOff90 would be all over this to blame "Turkish liberals" or "Turkish blacks" or whatever hair's up his ass at the moment.

>> Several groups have issues with the Turkish government. Rebels of the Kurdistan Workers' Party, or PKK, have targeted police and military personnel since July, when a fragile peace process between the rebels and the government collapsed. The Islamic State group has also been blamed for a series of deadly bombings in Turkey, which is part of the U.S.-led coalition against IS.

... The PKK, considered a terrorist organization by Turkey and its allies, is fighting for autonomy for Turkey's Kurds in the southeast. The decades-long conflict has claimed 40,000 lives.

Last month, eight people were wounded in Istanbul when a car bomb targeted a military vehicle. <<​

It targeted police. I would have thought SucksOff90 would be all over this to blame "Turkish liberals" or "Turkish blacks" or whatever hair's up his ass at the moment.
muslims have been killing each other since their pervert died..
It has been going on for more than thirty years. Since Turkey became a state, actually. What, the late 1920s or so? When the Ottoman empire broke up, their nationality wasn't granted a state. Kurds want to be free and turkey wont let them. I have read the most turks believe they will undermine their legitimacy or some bullshit. IDK

I always found it funny some people will be anti-kurd and pro-Palestinian lol

It has been going on for more than thirty years. Since Turkey became a state, actually. What, the late 1920s or so? When the Ottoman empire broke up, their nationality wasn't granted a state. Kurds want to be free and turkey wont let them. I have read the most turks believe they will undermine their legitimacy or some bullshit. IDK

1984 actually on a large scale, then on and off. It's been intensifying the last five years.

I know this will be a challenge to the Fox Noise addicted but not every conflict in the world derives from "Islam". This is a civil unrest involving an ethnic group (Kurds) that want autonomy. Many Kurds are Moslem too. That's not the issue.

Of course, that didn't stop the OP, in his ignorance, from going "Hey, Turkey! That's Muslims! I can score some Islamophobe points and bang up to level two!" Wanker.

Last edited:

1984 actually.

I know this will be a challenge to the Fox Noise addicted but not every conflict in the world derives from "Islam". This is a civil unrest involving an ethnic group (Kurds) that want autonomy. Many Kurds are Moslem too. That's not the issue.
no, it began with Kurdish nationalism after turkey got statehood.
I just looked and the very first Kurdish uprising was in 1922 led by Said Piran. (early twenties. my apologies)

1984 actually.

I just looked and the very first Kurdish uprising was in 1922 led by Said Piran. (early twenties. my apologies)

PKK (Kurdish Workers Party) was founded 1978 and took its unrest to a large scale in 1984.

In any case the OP master baited:

I did not put this in current events because I would like to discuss the political reaction to this bombing instead.

Well --- that's it. It's an internal conflict within Turkey and it's been going on a long time. So "Barry" really isn't in a position to comment other than to offer sympathy to the victims. It's got nothing to do with the US.

Have the left wingers said...."But but but Christians......" yet?

Do not worry. It was set off by brown non Christians.

No problem

1984 actually.

PKK (Kurdish Workers Party) was founded 1978 and took its unrest to a large scale in 1984.
The Kurdish uprising didn't start with the PKK pogo.

Have the left wingers said...."But but but Christians......" yet?

Do not worry. It was set off by brown non Christians.

No problem

Again for the Fox Noise-puppets ---- this isn't a religious conflict. Some Kurds are Christian, some are Moslem, and some are Yarsan, a distinctively Kurdish religion. That's irrelevant here. Get over your simplistic dichotomy. This just in, the Crusades are done.

Forum List

Back