Capitalism is NOT Democratic: Democracy is NOT Capitalist

If your skill level is so low that you turn $8 of materials into a $16 product in
an hour, how is the government protecting you by mandating you be paid $15/hr?
I guess you can't think of a job worth 8 bucks where the government is mandating a $15 hourly wage.

I guess you can't think of a job worth 8 bucks where the government is mandating a $15 hourly wage.

You seriously don't understand the concept of "value-added"?

Try this one, you can only add $8 of value an hour, but Illinois mandates an $11 minimum wage.

Understand yet?

In economics, specifically macroeconomics, the term value added refers to the contribution of the factors of production (i.e. capital and labor) to raising the value of the product and increasing the income of those who own said factors.

You seriously don't understand the concept of "value-added"?

Try this one, you can only add $8 of value an hour, but Illinois mandates an $11 minimum wage.

Understand yet?

In economics, specifically macroeconomics, the term value added refers to the contribution of the factors of production (i.e. capital and labor) to raising the value of the product and increasing the income of those who own said factors.

I'm specifically asking for a job that is only worth 8 bucks an hour but the government mandates 15. You haven't been able to name that job.

I'm specifically asking for a job that is only worth 8 bucks an hour but the government mandates 15. You haven't been able to name that job.
The jobs that go away after the minimum wage is increased above $8/hr. Are you saying that's never happened?

For the 98957th time

Capitalism is not really an ideology
"An ideology (/ˌʌɪdɪˈɒlədʒi/) is a set of beliefs or philosophies attributed to a person or group of persons, especially as held for reasons that are not purely epistemic,[1][2] in which 'practical elements are as prominent as theoretical ones.'[3]

"Formerly applied primarily to economic, political, or religious theories and policies, in a tradition going back to Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels, more recent use treats the term as mainly condemnatory.[4]

Ideology - Wikipedia

"The term was coined by Antoine Destutt de Tracy, a French Enlightenment aristocrat and philosopher, who conceived it in 1796 as the 'science of ideas' to develop a rational system of ideas to oppose the irrational impulses of the mob. In political science, the term is used in a descriptive sense to refer to political belief systems."

The jobs that go away after the minimum wage is increased above $8/hr. Are you saying that's never happened?

Ever happened? Probably has. Do I think the minimum wage has been more beneficial? Absolutely.

"An ideology (/ˌʌɪdɪˈɒlədʒi/) is a set of beliefs or philosophies attributed to a person or group of persons, especially as held for reasons that are not purely epistemic,[1][2] in which 'practical elements are as prominent as theoretical ones.'[3]

"Formerly applied primarily to economic, political, or religious theories and policies, in a tradition going back to Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels, more recent use treats the term as mainly condemnatory.[4]

Ideology - Wikipedia

"The term was coined by Antoine Destutt de Tracy, a French Enlightenment aristocrat and philosopher, who conceived it in 1796 as the 'science of ideas' to develop a rational system of ideas to oppose the irrational impulses of the mob. In political science, the term is used in a descriptive sense to refer to political belief systems."
In other words. Capitalism really is an ideology. I'm sure Deplorable Yankee will thank you for educating him after he gets up off the floor.

Thanks for the link......

You Are The Chicken

To say the American worker faces a free market is to say that chickens are free to become McNuggets. All the homes in America have been paid for many times over and still we pay mortgages, rent, and dues the rest of our lives. All the housing should be free! All the schools, the streets, the bridges, all the sewers, towers and wires, should be free! “Sunk costs” the economists call them. Money already spent. Our endowment.

All the land is everybody’s and all the food it produces should be free as well. The oil beneath the land should be as free as the air above. Cars should be free. Computers should be free. Everything we need should be absolutely free. We already paid for it. It’s our history, our heritage, our legacy.

Comedy gold!!!

Forum List

Back