Capitalism Dumpster: Observe & Report

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
This is a Bible-inspired modernism/capitalism report (and eco-omen) inspired by FernGully: The Last Rainforest.

Signing off,

eagle.jpg

====

As capitalism develops into a serious system for nationalized competitive behaviors, we start to think about the primal-backlash created by these urges to win (the lottery, in business, in commercial design competitions, etc., etc.). We might even start to fantasize about gorging or devouring our opponents/rivals (as perhaps Steve Jobs of Apple did of Bill Gates of Microsoft --- harmless of course!). These 'fantasies' invite Christian theologians to consider the possibility that this modern age of incredible tech and traffic could open up a proverbial 'hellmouth' of sadistic fleshly urges that bereft civilization of child-like innocence or even empathy!

rainbow2.png

All humans love aesthetics of design that comes with innovation and creative goods/brands such as Tonka model toy-trucks for kids. The design elegance/beauty reminds us of the reality of great ingenuity and imagination itself. However, when we use our imagination to compete with others or overpower them (e.g., Third World economics!), we might see our creativity become like weapons!

rainbow1.jpg

Why do Americans love movies so much (i.e., Hollywood)? America is a land of great confluence and traffic and pluralism and democracy and even terrain-variegation, so there's much 'room' for abundant storytelling/folklore, and movies are society-chatter 'images' of pop-culture 'storytelling.' When we think of an iconic Hollywood movie-star such as Russell Crowe making movies about Roman gladiators, Nobel-winning mathematicians, CIA agents, or even Robin Hood, we might imagine why American capitalism is so conducive to imaginative considerations about the scope and limits of human enterprise!

rainbow3.jpg

However, such 'ambition-flowery' does not come without consequence, and indeed, the mass development of commerce and industry has led to all kinds of eco-pollution and toxic-waste, which is why so many eco-activists talk about global warming now and why kids like comic books about fantastic eco-defenders such as the Toxic Avenger or Captain Planet. These 'eco-avatars' serve as civilization totem-omens of behavioural regret...

rainbow4.jpg

That's why we perhaps romanticized/glorify bank robbery and bank robbers (i.e., Bonnie and Clyde). Images of incredible daring and cleverness involved with complicated bank robberies remind us of the basic playfulness and inventiveness of manipulating capitalist-systems and states themselves! We feel the thrill of 'escaping' bureaucracy by committing a crime, and we might realize that we're 'dangerous philosophers.'

rainbow5.jpg

A mathematician at Princeton or MIT tooling over pages and pages of mathematical equations trying to decode the odd and mysterious nature of 'unbounded shapes,' 'odd number theories,' 'seemingly incompatible triangles,' and/or 'perfect logarithms' might realize that all this math reveals a strange and even dangerous human tendency to indulge in feelings of 'intelligence-conquest.' This is not unrelated to the unmitigated ambition associated with capitalism, which is why we celebrate capitalism-schizophrenia themed films such as Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps!

rainbow6.jpg

Imagine therefore that all this maddening modern traffic/behaviour raises up vicious deformed toxic-mutated giant alligators from the sewers of American cities or mutated large insectisoid predators born in a sea of 'metaphysical fog' (you might see a video of such a 'cryptic-creature' caught on camera as a rumoured 'fantasy-beast' posted on YouTube!). These bizarre creatures would serve to remind us why/how developments in overwhelming civilization development ambition (e.g., Ancient Egypt) stir religious ideas about the coming of the Christ (e.g., Ancient Rome) or perhaps even the coming of the AntiChrist (e.g., capitalist-USA).

rainbow7.jpg

That's why I take great spiritual comfort in the sightings of perfectly semi-circle multi-colored rainbows which appear of course after a rainstorm or in the fog when moisture crystals of water act as prisms, separating white-light into geometric kaleidoscopes of color(!). A rainbow reminds me that even if capitalism raises up a Godzilla, we'll still have the basic human revelry associated with the deep spiritual praise of Earth itself(!).

rainbow8.jpg

The new sci-fi horror-film Alien: Covenant should remind you of a general social paranoia regarding the 'metaphysical consequences' of modernism ethics mistakes. Alien: Covenant is about human space-explorers discovering a terrifying parasitic predatory (large) creature called a 'Xenomorph' which preys on humans...simply because it can! The Xenomorph gestating inside a human victim and then stalking other humans reminds us that modernism does not come (unfortunately) without a deep fear of biological ruin.

7.jpg

My name is Ozmandius. I provided this report to an Internet-blogger, because I knew he'd post it(!). I believe Alien: Covenant should awaken human civilization to the reality that no capitalism-trophy is worth boasting without a proper meditation on the spiritual value of empathy and teamwork. If mankind betrays its own genetic preferences for altruistic behaviors, it will commit ecological suicide. I urge all Americans to appreciate the artistic relevance of Alien: Covenant and never disregard the spiritual omens regarding capitalism-mismanagement. Beware the 'leviathan' of capitalism, Earthlings...

6.jpg

GOD: I like this 'Ozmandius-message.'
SATAN: I wonder if it's true...
GOD: It's certainly symbolically true.
SATAN: Are you an advocate of Wall Street?
GOD: I'm an advocate of diligence but not untempered ambition.
SATAN: Do you think 'Ozmandius' is real?
GOD: Why, of course! It's 'real' (in terms of imagination!).
SATAN: But Americans already read the Bible.
GOD: But do they think seriously about the Toxic Avenger?
SATAN: Maybe a bizarre sea-beast or dragon of toxicity will compel them!
GOD: Perhaps 'Ozmandius' reminded humanity of the magic of rainbows...
SATAN: The ancient world was filled with gods and ghosts.
GOD: The modern world is filled with omens about Godzilla and viruses.
SATAN: Perhaps Americans should embrace the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation.
GOD: Yes, that's a celebrity-endorsed eco-activism organization!
SATAN: I'll try to encourage Adam and Eve to endorse it.
GOD: Try not to tempt them to indulge their own vanities/arrogance.
SATAN: Yes, they shouldn't consider eco-activism a 'lipstick.'

====

:dance:

d2.jpg

Forum List

Back