Cant we just get along?

I actually really like the way he wrote "coexist".

image.jpg

But if he was beat down in "the ghetto", he's lucky he's alive. In America's ghettoes he would probably be dead for just goin' in as some stranger and graffitiing the walls of their Hood. Its possible that the people who delivered his beat down may have been less concerned with his Message, and more offended at him for graffitiing their territory. If they were offended by his message, well, at least he has his Life, right? Perhaps he should take his artwork somewhere else, or find a new artistic medium for which to express himself. Though I hope he retains his Message.

Unfortunately, nothing in the history of the human animal suggests we're even capable of ever getting along with one another. Conflict, competition, and aggression seem native to our species. No where in the whole of history is there a period of global peace. Indeed, we study history by studying the wars. Periods before and after wars seem in hindsight to only be times recovering from, and preparing for the next war.

Because of this sad fact when ever I read or hear about plans to ensure the continuity of government, or humanity in general I have to ask myself if human beings are even supposed to endure and survive. Wouldn't it be better for the planet if we went extinct? No other animal destroys its own habitat as we do. Maybe we're a failed species and whatever comes after us is supposed to inherit the earth?

Forum List

Back