Cancelling Student Debt is Highly Regressive

Equal protection of the laws for UC is more constitutional, engenders less perception of spending on objects of benevolence the money of their constituents and is more cost effective and automatically stabilizing for our economy.

UC has nothing to do with the trillions that both parties have spent to destroy this country.
Yes, it does; we have a homeless problem to show for it.

The Richest keep getting richer and right wingers call that justice (on a for-profit basis).
Everyone keeps getting richer, relatively. That's the great thing about capitalism.
But what does your post have to do with free college for everyone? Nothing!
Is that what you intended?
It hasn't done anything for the homeless problem. Even free college may not fix that.

Nope, I paid mine off and worked 60 hours a week.

This is a regressive mindset. People like you would stop the world from becoming a better place out of spite and selfishness. We should always seek to make the world better for those that come after us. We should also seek to make it as easy and painless as possible for more Americans to become more educated. That's how we don't get outpaced by China in an ever technologically advancing world.
Theft and redistribution of wealth isnt painless.

This is a regressive mindset. People like you would stop the world from becoming a better place out of spite and selfishness. We should always seek to make the world better for those that come after us. We should also seek to make it as easy and painless as possible for more Americans to become more educated. That's how we don't get outpaced by China in an ever technologically advancing world.
Theft and redistribution of wealth isnt painless.

Are public schools theft and redistribution of wealth? We are talking about doing things that will lead to more educated Americans. Surely educating more Americans and setting up young people as much as possible is a worthy goal for any nationalist, no? China outnumbers us almost 5 to 1. We will need to have higher quality stock if we're to remain top dog. I don't think anybody wants to find out what it'll be like when a guy like Xi is in charge of the most powerful country on Earth.

Education is going to become more and more vital as the world becomes more and more advanced. Would efforts to make it easier for young people to get educated really hinder your life in any meaningful way, or is it really just a principle thing for you? I want America to be and stay the greatest country on Earth. We can't do that if young people are continually forced to go into debilitating debt for having the audacity to seek more education.

Last edited:

who is going to reimburse those who the money is owed too?....

A bad idea whose time has come.

And what do you say to the kids who gave up everything and worked 2 jobs to pay off their loans like responsible adults? Do they get their money back? Or do just some kids get a free ride while others have to work for it?

I've asked this question twice now on this forum and have yet to receive any answer to it. Guess it's the "inconvenient truth".

....We should also seek to make it as easy and painless as possible for more Americans to become more educated. That's how we don't get outpaced by China in an ever technologically advancing world.

That would be a nice idea if it weren't the complete opposite of the truth.

Nope, its a mindset that carries responsibility and accountability for one's actions. People like you are leeches.

People like me get paid to go to college.

Anyway...

Easier access to education would be good for our entire nation. I can't help but roll my eyes at right wingers that think they are nationalists. They're social Darwinists; they don't actually care about anything but themselves.
yea because so many left wingers are different.....they,just like so many right wingers, only care about you if you agree with everything they say....

The government throws trillions onto the debt like it's going out of style. Any one of those trillions at any point could have nearly completely paid off all student loan debt. So few people consider that enough of a priority though. It's sad. We could unshackle literally generations of people at this point. They'd be more free to buy cars, houses, etc. Young people today are a lot poorer than their grandparents were at the same age. The Federal Reserve did a study a few years ago and it's pretty bad. Young people aren't the ones that fucked everything up but they will suffer the most for it. They're also the future of America.

One day university level educations will be as accessible as K-12 and mindsets like yours will be considered primitive.

yea because so many left wingers are different.....they,just like so many right wingers, only care about you if you agree with everything they say....

One side supports social Darwinist policy and the other doesn't.

The government throws trillions onto the debt like it's going out of style. Any one of those trillions at any point could have nearly completely paid off all student loan debt. So few people consider that enough of a priority though. It's sad. We could unshackle literally generations of people at this point. They'd be more free to buy cars, houses, etc. Young people today are a lot poorer than their grandparents were at the same age. The Federal Reserve did a study a few years ago and it's pretty bad. Young people aren't the ones that fucked everything up but they will suffer the most for it. They're also the future of America.

Care to answer the question I asked in post 30?

Care to answer the question I asked in post 30?

Progress isn't always fair. What do we say to the generations that had to go die in world wars? What do we say to the pioneers whose life was comparably terrible? Not wanting the next crop to have it better just because you didn't is selfish and regressive. I thought the entire point was to make us collectively stronger so Americans can have it better and better. What are we doing here?

Last edited:

One day university level educations will be as accessible as K-12 and mindsets like yours will be considered primitive.

Hey stupid, take a look at k-12 education in America vs higher education in America. We do mandate and guarantee a certain basic, foundational level of education k-12. Many k-12 public schools struggle to achieve their goals for a variety of reasons. Now look at American universities. They are by far the best in the world. Your willingness to drag the best in the world down to the level of the (often heroically) struggling is worse than primitive. It's self-destructive.

Forum List

Back