Canadian health care is not as "universal" as liberals claim

pknopp

Gold Member
Reaction score
Its the least that a "Christian" nation should do.
You don't make the rules for the nation. That "christian nation" meme is a desperate attempt to virtue signal when you, as a typical liberal, have no virtues.
I am a Christian. I am pro-life. I fully support the 2nd Amendment. I believe we need to balance the budget. I support the electoral college. What makes me a "typical liberal" and are you saying that this is NOT a Christian nation? (not that I expect you to address this)

Orangecat

Diamond Member
Reaction score
It's just on the books dude
What does "on the books" mean? Also, what is "it"?
You sell it at cost.
I don't sell anything at cost. That's a child's business model.
You do not need to pay for anything
I like to pay my way in life. Freebies are for losers.
We don't give it away
Who is "we" and what aren't "we" giving away?
It's just cheap by virtue of us being a 300 million deep nation
Again, if you wish to join like-minded people to buy bulk discounted products, go for it. Why would you want to force people who do not need said product to help you pay a lower rate on what you need?
And how every other developed nation on the planet does things.
Didn't your parents ever teach you the old "if all your friend jumped off a bridge" lesson?
None of which could do it as cheaply as us because we're hte largest developed nation on the planet
We don't have socialized medicine because we prioritize quality, innovation, and prompt access.
There are three basic aspects to healthcare:
1. Affordability
2. Quality
3. Universal access
Reality dictates you can only have two of these in any given system.
Socialized medicine covers universal access and affordability (if you don't count the obscene tax rates) at the cost of quality.
Choose wisely.

Orangecat

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I am a Christian. I am pro-life. I fully support the 2nd Amendment. I believe we need to balance the budget. I support the electoral college. What makes me a "typical liberal" and are you saying that this is NOT a Christian nation? (not that I expect you to address this)
We aren't a christian nation. We are a nation that was founded on christian values, but we have no national religion. Just because you hold christian beliefs doesn't mean you dictate what the law should be. We vote in political representatives to determine such things.

pknopp

Gold Member
Reaction score
We aren't a christian nation. We are a nation that was founded on christian values, but we have no national religion. Just because you hold christian beliefs doesn't mean you dictate what the law should be. We vote in political representatives to determine such things.
Great........we should do it as it's Christian values.

Orangecat

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Great........we should do it as it's Christian values.
I disagree. Get your christian friends together and do it. The government isn't beholden to your interpretation of christian values.

OP
Drop Dead Fred

Drop Dead Fred

Gold Member
Reaction score
yea but we should buy collectively so the bill is cheaper

tha't sthe important bit

Which is why Americans buy drugs from canadians, only 30 million of them and they're getting drugs cheaper than us because they're not retarded. Many of them american invented treatments

Inventing a new drug is expensive.

Manufacturing a drug is cheap.

The reason that a lot of U.S. drugs are cheaper in Canada is because the cheaper Canadian prices don't take into account the cost of inventing those drugs.
Yea so we should subsidize the worlds medical r and d expenses?

what?

retarded

I'm in favor of the U.S. continuing to be the world leader when it comes to inventing new drugs.

Juicin

Gold Member
Reaction score
yea but we should buy collectively so the bill is cheaper

tha't sthe important bit

Which is why Americans buy drugs from canadians, only 30 million of them and they're getting drugs cheaper than us because they're not retarded. Many of them american invented treatments

Inventing a new drug is expensive.

Manufacturing a drug is cheap.

The reason that a lot of U.S. drugs are cheaper in Canada is because the cheaper Canadian prices don't take into account the cost of inventing those drugs.
Yea so we should subsidize the worlds medical r and d expenses?

what?

retarded

I'm in favor of the U.S. continuing to be the world leader when it comes to inventing new drugs.
We're world leaders in inventing everything else

Our funding wont' change that

If doctors awnted to be bankers they'd be bankers, going to school for a decade is not the optimum financial path

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List