Canadian food suppliers signal more price hikes coming to grocery stores this fall

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
All of our talent who decided to leave were so much wiser than I was. Put a fork in us,

Canadian food suppliers are once again issuing notices to grocery retailers informing them of upcoming price hikes.

The letters signal more price increases will hit grocery stores this fall in a year that has already seen nearly double digit increases in food costs.

In some cases, the higher prices are due to the Canadian Dairy Commission’s approval of a second milk price increase this year. Farm gate milk prices are set to go up about two cents per litre, or 2.5 per cent, on Sept. 1.

Yet dairy processing companies appear to be tacking on their own increases as well, the so-called piggybacking of price hikes industry observers warned would happen.

I'll channel my inner leftist:

"It's ok if the food prices are going up, it's a global thing. People are hungry all over the world and we need to share their misery."

In addition to formula being scarce, children's medicines are no longer available.
What's Biden got against babies?

Forum List

Back