Canada’s Economy Unexpectedly Contracts 1.1%; Loonie Weakens

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
The only expansion we have in Canada are the TPS, OPP and RCMP. Put a fork in Canada, we were done before the pandemic. Now it's just a sharp and persistent decline for our future. Standard of living and our Middle Class will be finished. As I've stated numerous times, "we lose our best and brightest talent". It is with good reason.

At least we have more than enough of the creepy covert apparatus to keep everyone in check when people realize they've been duped for the last 30 years.

Canada’s rebound unexpectedly stalled through spring and early summer, raising questions about the resiliency of the nation’s economy.

Gross domestic product fell at an annualized 1.1% pace from April to June, Statistics Canada reported on Tuesday, down from a revised 5.5% gain in the first three months of the year. Economists in a Bloomberg survey were anticipating a 2.5% expansion.

Adding to the disappointment, economic growth fell a further 0.4% in July, according to a preliminary estimate.

It’s a worse-than-expected result that may prompt analysts to reconsider how quickly the nation’s economy will be able to fully recover from the pandemic, heightening worries about growth just as the country braces for a fourth wave of Covid-19 cases. Bank of Montreal economists immediately cut their forecasts for 2021 growth, while the Canadian dollar fell.

“It seems that the Canadian economy wasn’t on as strong a footing as we had believed,” said Royce Mendes, an economist at Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce.

The GDP report is also poised to become an election issue, potentially opening Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s economic record to criticism and fueling demands for more government spending. Canadians are headed to the polls Sept. 20.

Americans are sleeping as the government is paying farmers to destroy all thier crops ...cause global warming

1 and a half times the amount they're worth

It's happening now

Supply chains on most consumer goods are deliberately being halted

It's happening now

Here comes the great reset...things are gonna get crazy...soon

The only expansion we have in Canada are the TPS, OPP and RCMP. Put a fork in Canada, we were done before the pandemic. Now it's just a sharp and persistent decline for our future. Standard of living and our Middle Class will be finished. As I've stated numerous times, "we lose our best and brightest talent". It is with good reason.

At least we have more than enough of the creepy covert apparatus to keep everyone in check when people realize they've been duped for the last 30 years.

Canada’s rebound unexpectedly stalled through spring and early summer, raising questions about the resiliency of the nation’s economy.

Gross domestic product fell at an annualized 1.1% pace from April to June, Statistics Canada reported on Tuesday, down from a revised 5.5% gain in the first three months of the year. Economists in a Bloomberg survey were anticipating a 2.5% expansion.

Adding to the disappointment, economic growth fell a further 0.4% in July, according to a preliminary estimate.

It’s a worse-than-expected result that may prompt analysts to reconsider how quickly the nation’s economy will be able to fully recover from the pandemic, heightening worries about growth just as the country braces for a fourth wave of Covid-19 cases. Bank of Montreal economists immediately cut their forecasts for 2021 growth, while the Canadian dollar fell.

“It seems that the Canadian economy wasn’t on as strong a footing as we had believed,” said Royce Mendes, an economist at Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce.

The GDP report is also poised to become an election issue, potentially opening Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s economic record to criticism and fueling demands for more government spending. Canadians are headed to the polls Sept. 20.
"Mush On, You Huskies!"

Like Quebec, Alberta has the right to secede. Join our 30 Red States in Great America. Let True-D'oh! turn the rest of Canada into Play-Doh.

Well, I am indifferent to the protesters because they are often there for a reason. Either party could fund them. For instance, I did find it interesting that some of these "protesters" were apparently saying racist comments and such, quite an odd way to protest.

So, either Party or their benefactors can fund these through agent provocateurs. It was more damaging to him that it was protesting in Liberal Strongholds that was unexpected.

As for the protests themselves, I care little for them. I want to hear policies from all candidates. That is how we should judge our politicians.

As it were, America should prop up Canadas economy at your own peril. We are not viewed as an ally to civil liberties, Due Process, Rule of Law or accountable government. Focus on those nations that share these principles.

Well, I am indifferent to the protesters because they are often there for a reason. Either party could fund them. For instance, I did find it interesting that some of these "protesters" were apparently saying racist comments and such, quite an odd way to protest.

So, either Party or their benefactors can fund these through agent provocateurs. It was more damaging to him that it was protesting in Liberal Strongholds that was unexpected.

As for the protests themselves, I care little for them. I want to hear policies from all candidates. That is how we should judge our politicians.
Ain't gonna matter much until we all start hanging mofos

Phase duex

Americans are sleeping as the government is paying farmers to destroy all thier crops ...cause global warming

1 and a half times the amount they're worth

It's happening now

Supply chains on most consumer goods are deliberately being halted

It's happening now

Here comes the great reset...things are gonna get crazy...soon

Yes sir! Not about Covid...it is about the Great Reset!

Forum List

Back