Canada apporves new oil pipeline

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
what is wrong with Congress in that they can't just override Obama and do what would be good for America? The crying bleeding heart liberals said the same about the Alaskan pipeline and the only problem we have had is when a bleeding heart liberal shot a hole in the pipeline. More jobs and opportunity lost because of Obama. Thanks.

Canada OKs oil pipeline to the Pacific Coast

He was "profoundly disappointed" that U.S. President Barack Obama has delayed a decision on the Texas Keystone XL option, and spoke of the need to diversify Canada's oil industry. Ninety-seven percent of Canadian oil exports now go to the U.S.

Meanwhile, China's growing economy is hungry for Canadian oil. Chinese state-owned companies have invested more than $40 billion in Canadian energy in the past few years.

Well this will cause left wing loons to run for their Extra Strength Immodium AD this morning.

:lol:

All the while Keystone has been debated we've had our USMB idiots arguing that Canada needed to ship oil to the Gulf so we could ship it to China.

I've been delighted to point out numerous time that if they take a look at a map of Canada and look to the west of British Columbia that there is a big blue thingy there called the Pacific Ocean. And we didn't need the Gulf fof Mexico to ship to China.

Alas they did not listen.:eusa_angel:

See giuys? I wasn't kidding. It's a big thingy called an Ocean that big boats can sail on to get to China with Canadian oil.

mapnorthamerica.gif

Last edited:
How does Keystone help the US?

We import vast amounts of shitty crude from shitty countries. It's the quality of crude that our refineries are best designed to process. It is in the interest of our Nation to import shitty crude from a pretty damn decent country- Canada.

If you don't believe me, take it from the State Department that in 2009 approved (with Obama's blessing) the Alberta Clipper pipeline. A pipeline that will cross the international border with Canada, traverse several U.S. states, and terminate at our refineries.

Permit for Alberta Clipper Pipeline Issued

The Department found that the addition of crude oil pipeline capacity between Canada and the United States will advance a number of strategic interests of the United States. These included increasing the diversity of available supplies among the United States’ worldwide crude oil sources in a time of considerable political tension in other major oil producing countries and regions; shortening the transportation pathway for crude oil supplies; and increasing crude oil supplies from a major non-Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries producer. Canada is a stable and reliable ally and trading partner of the United States, with which we have free trade agreements which augment the security of this energy supply.

Approval of the permit sends a positive economic signal, in a difficult economic period, about the future reliability and availability of a portion of United States’ energy imports, and in the immediate term, this shovel-ready project will provide construction jobs for workers in the United States.

I've never understood the Republican obsession with Keystone.....Think of the JOBs....we only care about the JOBs

If Republicans want JOBS....why don't they push for more infrastructure construction projects? Roads, bridges, tunnels, dams, power and communication grid and most importantly......upgrading and maintaining what we have

Yet, every time these projects come up...Republicans sit on them

I've never understood the Republican obsession with Keystone.....Think of the JOBs....we only care about the JOBs

If Republicans want JOBS....why don't they push for more infrastructure construction projects? Roads, bridges, tunnels, dams, power and communication grid and most importantly......upgrading and maintaining what we have

conservatives do push for this spending I can't see how you can say otherwise. The government is spending already MORE then they take in how in the hell can we increase spending? The left rails about the TP wanting financial responsibility and the left offers absolutely no alternative other then to spend even more. It is crazy.

conservatives do push for this spending I can't see how you can say otherwise. The government is spending already MORE then they take in how in the hell can we increase spending? The left rails about the TP wanting financial responsibility and the left offers absolutely no alternative other then to spend even more. It is crazy.

Other than it had Obamas name on it, why did they kill the Obama Jobs bill that was mostly infrastructure improvement?
Why did Chris Christie kill the NYC tunnell that would have provided thousands of more jobs than Keystone? Why didn't Republicans protest that?
Where are all the Republican infrastructure bills? They are good at proposing kill Obamacare bills, why can't they push for some infrastructure?

You purposely distort so you can create an "either - or" fallacy.

Everyone wants more and better jobs. Everyone is in favor of bridges tunnels...etc.....being in favor of obtaining better access to oil doesn't have anything to do with excluding infrastructure maintenance.

Since the entire world still runs on oil, it is in our best interest to continue to utilize the resource to improve the lives of all citizens.

Man....the lack of understanding about what this oil represents to us is sad. This will not be a job creator and it will not lower energy costs. Jeez.......get some facts.

Man....the lack of understanding about what this oil represents to us is sad. This will not be a job creator and it will not lower energy costs. Jeez.......get some facts.

Can you expand on that?
Tell me why easier access to oil is "sad"?

Forum List

Back